Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Furlanfufi

Re: Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Post by Furlanfufi »

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Yeah. I thought everyone knew Cunningham is a native Bahamian surname.
Wild ..

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Yeah. I thought everyone knew Cunningham is a native Bahamian surname.
One of the first things you learn in school. Lol

That’s cool he writes for them though. Congrats! Don’t mess up!

A million years back I somehow was asked to do some weekly website thing on the Suns for some no name place. I did a couple of articles and then I think I asked slelc if he wanted to take it over and I think he said no thanks if I remember correctly.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think FF is just joking because bajanguy loves Bridges and Johnson and the article was about them.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:03 pm
I think FF is just joking because bajanguy loves Bridges and Johnson and the article was about them.
Party pooper.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I’m so easily had.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Perfect timing.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Greatest Shots in Suns Playoff History

Gar Heard vs. Boston, 1976
Walter Davis vs. Utah, 1984
Kevin Johnson vs. Utah, 1990
Charles Barkley vs. San Antonio, 1993
Rex Chapman vs. Seattle, 1997
Tim Thomas vs. LA Lakers, 2006
Deandre Ayton vs. LA Clippers, 2021

Any other nominations for inclusion?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

The Bobster wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:56 pm

Maybe Kevin Johnson’s dunk over Hakeem?

Split T

Post by Split T »

The Ayton one is tops for me…I either wasn’t alive or too young for most of them.

I remember listening to the radio call of the Chapman shot with my dad..we were standing up and there was just screaming…we didn’t know for a second if it went in or not…then we started jumping up and down once we heard, haha.

Fun fact, I also jumped in my living room on the Ayton shot tonight and hit my head on the fan, haha. Worth it!

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:00 pm
The Ayton one is tops for me…I either wasn’t alive or too young for most of them.

I remember listening to the radio call of the Chapman shot with my dad..we were standing up and there was just screaming…we didn’t know for a second if it went in or not…then we started jumping up and down once we heard, haha.

Fun fact, I also jumped in my living room on the Ayton shot tonight and hit my head on the fan, haha. Worth it!
Still going to make that trade Split?

And I didn’t even realize Aytons dunk went in at first.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:

I yelled so loud that I was surprised that my neighbors didn't call the cops. I'm still hoarse.
"Be Legendary."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

My doctor would probably say this shit is bad for my blood pressure.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Split T wrote:

I remember watching it. Chapman was at the top of the three point line and ran right, caught the pass and went up for the falling sideways out of bounds shot with a ton of arc that seemed like a total prayer shot that went in.

KJ’s shot was also huge because we couldn’t score against Hakeem and it was so frustrating. KJ said F it and just went right at him and somhow the little guy got the best of Hakeem and dunked on him.

Both those shots were huge but we lost both those games…

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

SunsRIt wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:56 pm

Maybe Kevin Johnson’s dunk over Hakeem?
You have to look at the magnitude. If the suns win the title, this is probably the greatest "play" in suns history.

Chapmans shot was awesome, but we lost in OT. KJ's dunk was amazing...but we lost that series. if we beat the clips and win the title than I'd say
probably the biggest shor or play in suns history. Well maybe 2nd...behind bookers 3 to beat the Bucks in game 3 :)
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I'd put Raja's Bell 3 vs the Clippers in Game 5 should be on that list as well. Believe it was 2006.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:11 pm
Split T wrote:

I remember watching it. Chapman was at the top of the three point line and ran right, caught the pass and went up for the falling sideways out of bounds shot with a ton of arc that seemed like a total prayer shot that went in.

KJ’s shot was also huge because we couldn’t score against Hakeem and it was so frustrating. KJ said F it and just went right at him and somhow the little guy got the best of Hakeem and dunked on him.

NOT TONIGHT! :D
"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:55 pm
Nodack wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:11 pm
Split T wrote:

NOT TONIGHT! :D
Foster on a mission, Booker with a broken nose, .8 on the clock inbounding from a corner…

Split T

Post by Split T »

SunsRIt wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:04 pm
Split T wrote:

Still going to make that trade Split?

And I didn’t even realize Aytons dunk went in at first.
Haha, couldn’t be happier to be wrong about that one