Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
The Bobster

Re: Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Post by The Bobster »

How much do you think HE wants to beat the Clippers?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Bobster wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:46 pm
How much do you think HE wants to beat the Clippers?
I'm pretty sure Steve Ballmer is the only person still there from his time as a Clipper, and I've never heard Paul or any player say something negative about Ballmer.

I think he'll get more pleasure out of beating Rondo than knocking out the Clippers.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

Superbone wrote:And here's the link if you want to sign:

https://www.change.org/p/nba-remove-sco ... om-the-nba
Thank you, sir!

The petition has over 2.5k votes/signatures already and it is going up by the minute.

I would like to encourage you all to sign and share this - if you haven't done so already. This blowing up could be huge.

Hopefully it can get enough attention for Adam Silver to see it and maybe even realize that people are fed up with this kind of one-sided officiating.

I could be delusional but I believe that this could actually have an impact on the selection of referees for the upcoming games and thereby help our cause of winning a chip.

Thank you for reading this, everybody.

The Valley-Oop! Go Suns - in 4. :)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:20 pm
I do feel badly for Nader - he played pretty well most of the time he was called on and he's missing out on the big reward.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

pickle

Post by pickle »

Nader is somewhat similar to Craig with more length but maybe a little less toughness. Similar impact on defense and similar in making some seriously boneheaded mistakes on offense. If he were more scrappy that’d make him almost a perfect role player.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Craig is quite a bit better than Nader and I think he better fits the role the Suns need at this point.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I was wondering if the NBA would do anything about that.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Now that it's been all but confirmed that Paul will play in game 3, I wonder if we'll ever find out the source of his COVID infection.

I'm assuming we won't get that info, but it would be helpful if it turned out to be something related to interacting with celebrating fans.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Paul probable? That sounds like he’s playing to me! Freaking A!

Cousins hit with a tech? What does that mean? They add a tech to his tech list for the playoffs? He hasn’t played enough for that to be any kind of factor at all. That basically means “shame on you?” and nothing more.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:03 pm
Paul probable? That sounds like he’s playing to me! Freaking A!

Cousins hit with a tech? What does that mean? They add a tech to his tech list for the playoffs? He hasn’t played enough for that to be any kind of factor at all. That basically means “shame on you?” and nothing more.
It means he has to pay the league office money too.
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

What I want to know is, what the hell was that tech on Crowder early in the first?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:05 pm
What I want to know is, what the hell was that tech on Crowder early in the first?
That was just Scott Foster being a jackass. He literally came from the the other side of the play and immediately pointed to Crowder and whoever on the Clippers.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

We should get a free throw shot at the start of game 3. :)

pickle

Post by pickle »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:13 pm
pickle wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:05 pm
That was just Scott Foster being a jackass. He literally came from the the other side of the play and immediately pointed to Crowder and whoever on the Clippers.

Yeah. They do L2M reports but I guess the league should also review all technicals, no? Crowder didn’t do anything. He got shoved by Morris and reacted by staring at him for no more than half a second before that tech was assessed. Shouldn’t they look at that and rescind it? It is 2000 dollar fine or something, no?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm pretty sure Crowder said something. I thought I saw it during the live telecast, but I couldn't find a video with that angle.

Was it enough to warrant a technical foul? Unlikely.

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:20 am
I know some of you guys were asking me why the Username and if it had to do with Baja (Mexico/Cali) then most I think remember I said I'm from Caribbean so believe it's Bahamas :oops:

So just to clarify again
I'm from Barbados - the formal term is I'm a Barbadian
The slang is I'm a Bajan ☺️🙂

BigLewy told me he would have vacationed here before and that made me feel good. So yea...

Home ❤️✌️👍
I have indeed vacationed there, and LOVED it. Will likely be planning a return trip in a few years. Such a beautiful country.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Suns' Chris Paul listed as probable to return from COVID protocols for Game 3 of Western finals vs. Clippers
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/suns ... -clippers/
Paul passed a cardio exam, which is required in order to be cleared to play again, per Haynes. The veteran guard was first placed into the protocols on June 16 after testing positive for COVID-19. However, he's been asymptomatic since his isolation, and his vaccination status made the typical quarantine timeline of 10-14 days shorter for Paul. Following the Suns' sweep of the Denver Nuggets in the second round, Paul reportedly flew to Los Angeles to surprise his wife and kids, and upon landing in L.A., he found out about his positive COVID-19 test. It's still unknown how he contracted it, per Haynes.

Barring any unforeseen setbacks, Paul should be ready to go for the Suns on Thursday, and head coach Monty Williams already said he will not hesitate to throw his point guard directly into the fire. "I'm sure if I tried to keep Chris out of the game, we'd have to square off and go toe-to-toe," Williams said before Game 2. "So we'll just make that assessment when the time comes."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:18 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:20 am
So just to clarify again
I'm from Barbados - the formal term is I'm a Barbadian
The slang is I'm a Bajan ☺️🙂
My fault. You know us stupid Americans can barely find Canada on a map.
Lol :D :lol:
You always with the jokes bro. We have educated folks and quite a diverse group on the forum 8-)

But yes, I've had my share of that over the years especially when I was younger and used to go to NY to work out.

"I'm from Barbados"
Oh where's that yo
"In the Caribbean"
Huh ? Never heard of that. Oh is that like in Jamaica
"No Barbados is it's own island man"

I can laugh now but that used to really get to me :? :roll:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)