Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (0-1) @ Suns (1-0), Tues 5/25/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (0-1) @ Suns (1-0), Tues 5/25/21

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Everything pretty much fell apart after the timeout with about 3 minutes left.

The Suns tried to work it to Ayton in the post who had a mismatch against Caruso, but Ayton failed to make an effective move with the ball.

Then LeBron hit an unguardable fadeaway and AD hit a clutch three that bookended some poor decisions by Payne and Booker.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Well we have Ayton's head firmly out of his ass and playing extremely well and smart on both ends. If the refs would not be up the Laker's ass we could have won this game.

Now my other problem child has to get his head out of his ass. Yeah everyone's favorite Mikal Bridges. Crowder can be put in the same boat.

We need scoring from more than Booker and Ayton especially with CP3 obviously hurting. All Mikal does is sit in the corner and shoot threes. We need him to be aggressive and take it to the hoop when he gets a chance. He certainly has not stopped Lebron in this series. So what is so great about his defense?

Anthony Davis makes me want to vomit. So does Lebron. and they are not even Lakers. They just happen to wear their fucking jerseys. Laker fans and management should be ashamed of having them on their team. Fuck them.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

We needed to go up 2-0

This CP3 thing really sucks

Don't feel like checking the box score but it was for sure a one possession game with 4-5mins left and we hardly got anything. I love how DA played but giving him in the post I think down 3 after a timeout with 2+ mins left is not the spot to put the kid in

They gave him, he got doubled he threw it out. For me Book telling him to repost and giving him to try score with 4secs left to shoot wasn't the right decision

Urrrrgggghhh

Can't let my disappointment make me not shout out Payne. Really proud of that dude.
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:44 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:42 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:37 pm
Bridges has been a zero. Pathetic. Two games now?
Really disappointing but I’m calling it now, he’s gonna have a huge game 3 & 4.
I don't know about that. The Lakers defend the three point line really well and Mikal isn't comfortable attacking the rim.

I've liked his defense a ton, so I'm not really upset with how he's played overall.
I think we're giving his defense a bit too much credit. He didn't do anything on offense or defense the 2nd half.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Meh, losing this game isn’t the end of the world guys. Still think this gonna be a 6-7 game series.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Kevin McHale said something interesting after Game1 that every champion goes through it when they know it's the end of their reign when a new hungry team comes along so he's interested to see how Game2 goes.

That they were times they knew a team was better than them but they gave them life "wake sleeping dogs" and they won some series against teams that were maybe better than them.

That's how I feel right now, still don't think Lakers did anything major but now they go home feeling all good about themselves which might turn out to be a prob.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:57 pm
We needed to go up 2-0

Don't feel like checking the box score but it was for sure a one possession game with 4-5mins left and we hardly got anything. I love how DA played but giving him in the post I think down 3 after a timeout with 2+ mins left is not the spot to put the kid in

They gave him, he got doubled he threw it out. For me Book telling him to repost and giving him to try score with 4secs left to shoot wasn't the right decision

Urrrrgggghhh

Can't let my disappointment make me not shout out Payne. Really proud of that dude.
It was the right basketball decision, but he's not ready for that moment and Booker probably should've know that.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Ayton - 2 games, 79 minutes, 21/24 FG (87%), 1/2 FT (50%), 26 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 43 points
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Could be worst, we could be in the clippers situation. :?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Clippers deserve everything that is coming to them.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:01 pm
Meh, losing this game isn’t the end of the world guys. Still think this gonna be a 6-7 game series.
I believe a short series was our advantage. Don't think our chances in a Game6 or 7 are the best as the close out games for young teams are always the hardest

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:03 pm
The Clippers deserve everything that is coming to them.
Well said

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Too much Lebron BS shots and not enough CP. Sucks.
We’re still in it.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Booker - 2 games, 85 minutes, 20/43 FG (46%), 3/10 3PT (30%), 22/23 FT (96%), 8 rebounds, 11 assists, 1 steal, 65 points
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:01 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:57 pm
We needed to go up 2-0

Urrrrgggghhh

It was the right basketball decision, but he's not ready for that moment and Booker probably should've know that.
Exactly
Recognize it but then realize if I make a quick move and pull-up DA can probably get the offensive board rather than having him try make the play himself

I had on TNT coverage but I could hear EJ saying something like that "I understand what Devin was trying to do but I would rather......."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The crowd is really small for the Clippers/Mavs game. I assume that'll be the same for the Suns/Lakers, but I'm not completely sure.

LVSunsFAN

Post by LVSunsFAN »

This play took Crowder out of the game.
CP3 obviously would've been a huge difference.
And we still weren't that far away from winning. Less turnovers and more Bridges next game please!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I know I’m in the minority, but even with a injured Paul I still say we can still split in LA.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:45 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:42 pm
Booker’s shooting percentage sucks, but he has just been throwing it up from 3 to draw fouls. He is 17/17 from the free throw line tonight.
I think at least 8 of those came in the last 90 seconds when the game was basically decided.
He was trying to put up points without running clock.

I guess if he did it the whole game his name would be James Harden.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We went 1-1 against the defending champs in what was a lot of these guys' first career playoff games. I'm proud of our team. I think we can get a split in LA, too. We can do this.