Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (0-1) @ Suns (1-0), Tues 5/25/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (0-1) @ Suns (1-0), Tues 5/25/21

Post by JeremyG »

LVSunsFAN wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:07 pm

This play took Crowder out of the game.
CP3 obviously would've been a huge difference.
And we still weren't that far away from winning. Less turnovers and more Bridges next game please!
It should have been a Flagrant 2 (ejection), and we would be up 2-0. But it's the Lakers so they wouldn't call it. If it was the Suns, they would have ejected our player.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

SunsRIt wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:20 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:45 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:42 pm
Booker’s shooting percentage sucks, but he has just been throwing it up from 3 to draw fouls. He is 17/17 from the free throw line tonight.
I think at least 8 of those came in the last 90 seconds when the game was basically decided.
He was trying to put up points without running clock.

I guess if he did it the whole game his name would be James Harden.
Nah, he wouldn't get the calls.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:40 pm
LVSunsFAN wrote:

And we still weren't that far away from winning. Less turnovers and more Bridges next game please!
It should have been a Flagrant 2 (ejection), and we would be up 2-0. But it's the Lakers so they wouldn't call it. If it was the Suns, they would have ejected our player.
Relax. It didn't "take him out of the game" and AD shouldn't have been ejected. It played out exactly like it should've.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Suns aren't winning another game in this series if Paul can't shoot. That's where we're at right now.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:42 pm
JeremyG wrote:
LVSunsFAN wrote:

Relax. It didn't "take him out of the game" and AD shouldn't have been ejected. It played out exactly like it should've.
How is that not "unnecessary and excessive contact"?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

LVSunsFAN

Post by LVSunsFAN »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
LVSunsFAN wrote:

Uh, yeah, it did take him out of the game.
Crowder went to the bench a good amount of time right after that, and went 0-5 when he did come back

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:43 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
LVSunsFAN wrote:

How is that not "unnecessary and excessive contact"?
Because it was clearly unintentional.

Do you really believe AD went up for that shot and thought, "Yeah, now's the time I'm gonna try to kick Crowder in the nuts."?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
The Suns aren't winning another game in this series if Paul can't shoot. That's where we're at right now.
Not really. They could easily steal another one without him. They nearly beat an absolutely desperate Laker team. They ain’t winning shit tho unless his shoulder improves dramatically.
Last edited by Wally_West on Tue May 25, 2021 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

LVSunsFAN wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:47 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
LVSunsFAN wrote:

Uh, yeah, it did take him out of the game.
Crowder went to the bench a good amount of time right after that, and went 0-5 when he did come back
So what's the excuse for him going 0-7 from three in game one?

LVSunsFAN

Post by LVSunsFAN »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:48 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Not really. They could easily still another one without him. They nearly beat an absolutely desperate Laker team. They ain’t winning shit tho unless his shoulder improves dramatically.
Cut down on the turnovers and we have them

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Johnson/Bridges/Crowder need to get their head out their asses and contribute.

We’re not winning with them being total zeros. Paul or no Paul.

Play Frank I am so done with Dario.

Wasting great effort by Book and DA. Another horrendous stretch to end the game where we went panic iso mode.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wally_West wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Not really. They could easily steal another one without him. They nearly beat an absolutely desperate Laker team. They ain’t winning shit tho unless his shoulder improves dramatically.
I don't know. Maybe they could steal an elimination game if the Lakers sleepwalk a bit like game one, but I wouldn't bet on it.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

The Bobster wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:02 pm
Ayton - 2 games, 79 minutes, 21/24 FG (87%), 1/2 FT (50%), 26 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 43 points
Most important thing in the long term, against Drummond and AD. If he continues this thru the playoffs, no matter how long this is, we will know that playoffs Ayton is a good or perhaps even a great player.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

LVSunsFAN wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:49 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Not really. They could easily still another one without him. They nearly beat an absolutely desperate Laker team. They ain’t winning shit tho unless his shoulder improves dramatically.
I think it's more like cut down on the turnovers or we don't have a shot in hell.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:50 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I don't know. Maybe they could steal an elimination game if the Lakers sleepwalk a bit like game one, but I wouldn't bet on it.
As someone who watches many Laker games this season, I’m here tell you that these dudes love to sleepwalk.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Sorry guys...I let us down...should’ve known we’d get the split with me there...just gotta get the split in LA now...or better yet, take them both.

My perspective, neither team was shooting well. Lakers were up early because they were getting offensive boards and we were turning over the ball, giving them way too many extra possessions. The fouls were frustrating too. seemed like a whistle happy crew, but we got some calls as well.

What can I say about Cam Payne...he almost won the game for us when CP3 didn’t have it. We took the lead for 1 little second and it seemed like we used up all our energy to get there..then Lebron hit that ridiculous baseline fadeaway and then AD drilled a 3...that was essentially game as Book and AD pretty much just traded free throws the rest of the way.

We need Paul..Need to get him right, we won’t win this series if we don’t have him.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

LVSunsFAN wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Lakers made an adjustment to contest the inbounds pass into Ayton. By my count like 4 TOs from this alone in 1Q.

LVSunsFAN

Post by LVSunsFAN »

specialsauce wrote:
Johnson/Bridges/Crowder need to get their head out their asses and contribute.

We’re not winning with them being total zeros. Paul or no Paul.

Play Frank I am so done with Dario.

Wasting great effort by Book and DA. Another horrendous stretch to end the game where we went panic iso mode.
Agreed
Dario has been the reason for a bunch of turnovers

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:53 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:50 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
As someone who watches many Laker games this season, I’m here tell you that these dudes love to sleepwalk.
That's fair, but they're not going to do it three more times. Maybe once in an elimination game, but I won't really care if the Suns only win one more game.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:53 pm
Sorry guys...I let us down...should’ve known we’d get the split with me there...just gotta get the split in LA now...or better yet, take them both.

My perspective, neither team was shooting well. Lakers were up early because they were getting offensive boards and we were turning over the ball, giving them way too many extra possessions. The fouls were frustrating too. seemed like a whistle happy crew, but we got some calls as well.

What can I say about Cam Payne...he almost won the game for us when CP3 didn’t have it. We took the lead for 1 little second and it seemed like we used up all our energy to get there..then Lebron hit that ridiculous baseline fadeaway and then AD drilled a 3...that was essentially game as Book and AD pretty much just traded free throws the rest of the way.

We need Paul..Need to get him right, we won’t win this series if we don’t have him.
Missed your commentary here during the game. You hit on everything I saw. The game was lost with the turnover differential and inability to execute without Paul in the last three minutes.