Game Day Playoff Edition: Suns (1-1) @ Lakers (1-1), Thurs 5/27/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Suns (1-1) @ Lakers (1-1), Thurs 5/27/21

Post by Indy »

Indy wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 2:44 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 2:42 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 1:31 pm
Yes interesting take Jeremy, can't fault you for that. I honestly wasn't thinking of him coming back when watching Live but after the fact I did wonder which scenario would have been best.

That's where I'm in disagreement with some. I expect the clowns on TV to go with the Lakers stepped up, Lakers size was too much headline. I keep saying it just wasn't that simple, we took their best shots at the start of each half and they couldn't shake us.

When we made the same run Jeremy mentioned Drummond got the quick hook for Gasol (who hit a big 3 btw) and then they obviously closed with the AD at 5 lineup. So that size factor had already ran its course, we didn't have anyone in foul trouble for that last 5mins and it was just a who could execute and issues we had on n off this year showed back up.

So I know folks talking about the roster makeup as the lost for game 2 but I don't feel that way. Book surprised me when he came back in because I thought he was going to close the game aggressively but seemed to go back to trying to feel out the Lakers D when I thought he got into rhythm in the 3rd.
By the way, I would not play Paul tonight. But if you played him in the 4th quarter, why not play him the last few minutes when you need his leadership the most? I think Monty made a big mistake on Tuesday night by not playing him at the end, and I think he is making a big mistake tonight by playing him instead of letting him rest for at least 5 days. I would not play him again until we lose another game.
To me it depends on the medical staff. If they say he is 65% and playing won't make it worse (and resting won't help it heal) then play him.
Maybe I should have said "mEdIcAl StAfF."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think the 4th quarter is the worst time to play Paul if he can't shoot effectively.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Ok folks
I have my superstitious moments lol so feel free to entertain me. Don't mind my "Lols", this is a big decision :)

I've been working short shifts basically all year due to Covid, so 10pm games I usually peep the first half at work then leave at 11:30 so when I get home it will be in the 4th quarter.....
But I will go back to the start of the 3rd and fast fwd til I catch up but obviously sometimes the game finishes before I do. Last game I stayed in the back office and watched the full game before going home

So yea Playoffs I changed my routine as I wanted to be following along on Twitter, also with you guys so needed to keep watching Live but we Lost lol. I also watched the TNT feed instead of our Home feed

Should I do the usual, watch first half and come home put on my Suns gear and watch the second half :)
Or watch the full game Live at work with no lucky shirt :oops: :lol:

Remember don't mind the smiley faces, this is serious stuff 8-)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Indy

Post by Indy »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 3:28 pm
Ok folks
I have my superstitious moments lol so feel free to entertain me. Don't mind my "Lols", this is a big decision :)

I've been working short shifts basically all year due to Covid, so 10pm games I usually peep the first half at work then leave at 11:30 so when I get home it will be in the 4th quarter.....
But I will go back to the start of the 3rd and fast fwd til I catch up but obviously sometimes the game finishes before I do. Last game I stayed in the back office and watched the full game before going home

So yea Playoffs I changed my routine as I wanted to be following along on Twitter, also with you guys so needed to keep watching Live but we Lost lol. I also watched the TNT feed instead of our Home feed

Should I do the usual, watch first half and come home put on my Suns gear and watch the second half :)

from the 'do as i say not as i do" file, do what is easiest on your mental state. none if it impacts what is going on in l.a. tonight.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Indy wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 4:10 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 3:28 pm
Ok folks

from the 'do as i say not as i do" file, do what is easiest on your mental state. none if it impacts what is going on in l.a. tonight.
But if we lose, it’s your fault for choosing whatever you end up choosing - no pressure!! 😉😂

But seriously it is getting very hard to remember it’s just a game. I was riding every shot in the last quarter of Game 2 while on the team. I’m sure everyone else on the tram was wondering what on earth was wrong with me!!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Just win the damn game!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Good muthafrackin’ vibes. Suns win.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Also fuck the lakers

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm pretty sure TNT will continue airing this 30-point blowout between the Bucks and Heat instead of the beginning of the Suns game. I'll never understand the logic behind that.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 7:01 pm
I'm pretty sure TNT will continue airing this 30-point blowout between the Bucks and Heat instead of the beginning of the Suns game. I'll never understand the logic behind that.
There’s history behind the policy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi_Game

Looks like TNT should be able to catch the start of the Suns game anyway.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Lakers gonna use their challenge on the first play? Fine with me

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

15 seconds into the game and the Lakers are already bitching.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

So dumb to challenge this early. I hope it bites them in the ass later.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Honestly, that was a terrible call. :lol:

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yikes, Jae. Don't break the backboard.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Umm...goaltending much?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wouldn't be a Lakers game if AD didn't crumple into a ball on the floor.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

At least CP3 looks all right

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

virtual9mm wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 7:25 pm
At least CP3 looks all right
He was berating Ayton a few times and I think that's a good sign.