Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21944
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:05 pm
Have you guys noticed, Cam Payne is kind of a rager? He literally screams at the refs when he doesn't get a call, and he almost picks a fight with some poor Laker 2-3 times a game. He seems intense almost to a fault. I like it, so long as he doesn't get himself a tech like he did a few games ago.
I saw Paul calming him down later in the game as they were tying that contraption to his shoulder.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21944
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:12 pm
Was anyone else screaming at the TV for Monty to take Paul out after his tumble to the floor on his missed layup? I kept saying it, including seconds before he was re-injured. There were a couple stops in play in between also where he could have taken him out. I don't get it, seeing him on the ground like that, up over 30 points in the third quarter, let Cam Payne finish it out. I just knew something bad was going to happen to him.
I wish you had screamed it a little louder! Seems obvious in hindsight. He probably shouldn't have even played the 2nd half.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21944
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:19 pm
I still can't believe we held the Lakers' starting backcourt (Shroder and Caldwell-Pope) to 0 total points.
I didn't even realize it until you said it.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

JeremyG
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:44 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:12 pm
Was anyone else screaming at the TV for Monty to take Paul out after his tumble to the floor on his missed layup? I kept saying it, including seconds before he was re-injured. There were a couple stops in play in between also where he could have taken him out. I don't get it, seeing him on the ground like that, up over 30 points in the third quarter, let Cam Payne finish it out. I just knew something bad was going to happen to him.
I wish you had screamed it a little louder! Seems obvious in hindsight. He probably shouldn't have even played the 2nd half.
It's also frustrating that it happened only a minute or two before he would have taken him out anyway midway through the 3rd quarter.

User avatar
3rdside
Posts: 1102
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:59 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by 3rdside »


User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21944
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:55 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:44 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:12 pm
Was anyone else screaming at the TV for Monty to take Paul out after his tumble to the floor on his missed layup? I kept saying it, including seconds before he was re-injured. There were a couple stops in play in between also where he could have taken him out. I don't get it, seeing him on the ground like that, up over 30 points in the third quarter, let Cam Payne finish it out. I just knew something bad was going to happen to him.
I wish you had screamed it a little louder! Seems obvious in hindsight. He probably shouldn't have even played the 2nd half.
It's also frustrating that it happened only a minute or two before he would have taken him out anyway midway through the 3rd quarter.
Yep. It's a damn shame. Let's hope it didn't reset the clock on the injury too far back. We really need to finish this series in 6 so that Paul might get a little extra rest in between series.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
JustWinBaby
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:33 pm
Location: Buckeye, Az

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by JustWinBaby »

We are a much better team with a healthy Chris Paul.

If Davis does play Thursday I certainly hope we take it right to him and see how healthy he really is.

One of the most satisfying Suns Wins, ever.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21944
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by Superbone »

I loved seeing this sad sight near the end of the first half:


Image
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

JeremyG
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:13 am
I loved seeing this sad sight near the end of the first half:


Image
Haha yep me too, and did you catch Frank Vogel’s face after a turnover in the fourth quarter? I expected it to become a meme lol.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21944
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:34 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:13 am
I loved seeing this sad sight near the end of the first half:


Image
Haha yep me too, and did you catch Frank Vogel’s face after a turnover in the fourth quarter? I expected it to become a meme lol.
No, missed that. I'd love to see it.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21944
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by Superbone »

Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21944
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by Superbone »

What I've been saying:

Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

Online
User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 5270
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:38 am
JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:34 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:13 am
I loved seeing this sad sight near the end of the first half:


Image
Haha yep me too, and did you catch Frank Vogel’s face after a turnover in the fourth quarter? I expected it to become a meme lol.
No, missed that. I'd love to see it.
Thanks for reminding me, Jeremy. I was going to post about that and hope someone was recording the game.

It happened right after THT threw the ball out of bounds on an attempted lob(?) pass to Harrell.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

Online
User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 5270
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:38 am
It was a clean play. I was listening to the Suns radio feed on XM at that time and Al said, "That's what he's in there for." in reference to Matthews right after it happened. I thought we were screwed. By the end of the timeout and free throws, Al admitted there wasn't anything dirty about the play.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

Online
User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 5270
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by Flagrant Fowl »



Obviously he's not going to be chipper after a 30 point blow out, but man, he sounds defeated to me. His facial expression during the AD health question was pretty telling. I don't think he'll be ready for game 6, and if he is, he's going to get cooked on the perimeter.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

JeremyG
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by JeremyG »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:49 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:38 am
JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:34 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:13 am
I loved seeing this sad sight near the end of the first half:


Image
Haha yep me too, and did you catch Frank Vogel’s face after a turnover in the fourth quarter? I expected it to become a meme lol.
No, missed that. I'd love to see it.
Thanks for reminding me, Jeremy. I was going to post about that and hope someone was recording the game.

It happened right after THT threw the ball out of bounds on an attempted lob(?) pass to Harrell.
I think the TV cut to Vogel a little late to get his full reaction but yeah it would be great to see it again haha.

EDIT: Yep, I think it was right after that play, at 4:09 left in the 4th: https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?GameE ... )&sct=plot
Last edited by JeremyG on Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

JeremyG
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by JeremyG »

James Worthy says this may have been the worst game he’s ever seen in the history of the Lakers:

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 3931
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by bajanguy008 »

Good stuff 8-) 8-)
Had to stop watching before the fireworks really started but liked our energy to start the game and felt we were in a good place. Their only chance was for us to be sloppy with the ball and get out hustled cause we simply are the better team.

I have to watch it over properly cause I'm still here sleepwalking so looking forward to that
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 8199
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by ShelC »


















































User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 8199
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (2-2) @ Suns (2-2), Tuesday 6/1/21

Post by ShelC »

Couldn't ask for a better game. Nice seeing Bridges get some offense going and our bench guys get some run. Felt like you could tell early on that LBJ was never really engaged and became less engaged the more we pushed the lead. He didn't seem interested in pushing himself or his teammates and was maybe just conceding this game hoping to get AD back for Game 6 in LA. I'd bet AD gives it a go for Game 6, but maybe him not being 100% can balance out Paul re-injuring the shoulder.

For as much pain as Paul was in initially, his form on the FT looked good and he did seem in better spirits after getting treatment. The hit may have just sent a shock down his arm but maybe didn't linger like the first injury. The fact that he said he had strength in his shoulder is big. Just going to have to wait and see.

Wish we had 2 days between games since we're back in LA. Not sure how the Knicks-Hawks have had a couple 2 day breaks in their series while everyone else is pretty much every other night. Gotta close it out so Paul can rest.

Post Reply