Game Day Playoff Edition--1st Round, Game 6--Suns (3-2) @ Lakers, Thursday 6/3/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Game Day Playoff Edition--1st Round, Game 6--Suns (3-2) @ Lakers, Thursday 6/3/2021

Post by Indy »

Time: 7:30 pm AZ (7:30 pm PT/10:30 pm ET)
Place: STAPLES Center, Los Angeles, CA
TV: TNT

Suns demolished the AD-less Lakers in Phoenix Tuesday night. But Paul aggravated his neck injury, and LeBron snuck out early.

Will AD be back? Let's hope so.

Will Cliff Paul return like games 2/3? Let's hope not.

Is today the day LeBron James loses his first ever 1st round playoff series?

Go Suns!!!

Dis • cuss

bajanguy008

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition--1st Round, Game 6--Suns (3-2) @ Lakers, Thursday 6/3/2021

Post by bajanguy008 »

Indy stepping up to the plate 💪✌️

I have so much to say re: Lakers and the King but I waiting til we get over the line :twisted: 😊.
More importantly, just like the other games, we will not know how he feeling til Chris on the court and even then we have seen that he can still start Ok but fade.

I did think it was interesting that he was high fiving with his right hand and even when he spoke to Matthews after the game he shook with his right hand too. So yes hopefully he will be Ok.
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Indy

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition--1st Round, Game 6--Suns (3-2) @ Lakers, Thursday 6/3/2021

Post by Indy »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:11 pm
Indy stepping up to the plate 💪✌️

I have so much to say re: Lakers and the King but I waiting til we get over the line :twisted: 😊.
More importantly, just like the other games, we will not know how he feeling til Chris on the court and even then we have seen that he can still start Ok but fade.

I did think it was interesting that he was high fiving with his right hand and even when he spoke to Matthews after the game he shook with his right hand too. So yes hopefully he will be Ok.
This. Right afterwards he was clearly favoring it, not wanting anyone to touch it, etc. By the end of the game, he was using it seemingly normal.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Every game is more important than the last. Let’s not mess around.

FINISH THEM!!!

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The only thing Lakers fans could possibly be hopeful about was the chance that the Lakers were honey potting the Suns in game 5. But even if they were, I don't think it's a good idea to lose by 30 at halftime in a game 5.

So far the Lakers have won the games I've felt certain they would, and the Suns have won the games I was nervous about. I'm not confident in the Lakers winning game 6, and I'm not very nervous about it for the Suns (yet).
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I can foresee two possible outcomes for game 6. In one, it comes down to the wire, maybe even the last shot. In the other, we beat them handily. I’m hoping for the latter.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

The Lakers will play better for sure. I just think it’s all about AD ultimately though. If he can’t go or is a shell of himself, the Lakers can’t win...I think that’s obvious. Because of this, I fully expect AD to try and play...I don’t think he’ll be very good though...limited minutes and they’ll try to keep him out of the main action. Spot up shooter mostly.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:28 pm
I can foresee two possible outcomes for game 6. In one, it comes down to the wire, maybe even the last shot. In the other, we beat them handily. I hoping for the latter.
What's wrong with Deandre Ayton hitting the series-winning 3 at the buzzer?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

The Lakers wouldn’t have won game 5 with AD in the lineup.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

The funny thing is that the Suns did not play particularly well last game. The Lakers were atrocious and for the first time, the refs were in the Suns' favor.

Let's see what tomorrow holds. I would expect that the Lakers come out with energy, they are a champion after all. Will the Suns rise to the challenge?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'd put my money on AD not playing in game 6.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:21 pm
Same or like how others have said he'll be very hobbled.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:24 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:28 pm
I can foresee two possible outcomes for game 6. In one, it comes down to the wire, maybe even the last shot. In the other, we beat them handily. I hoping for the latter.
What's wrong with Deandre Ayton hitting the series-winning 3 at the buzzer?
Banked, Amare style?
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

iLLmatic wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:44 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:21 pm
Same or like how others have said he'll be very hobbled.
Right. I prefer that he try to play. I think the Lakers have a better chance at winning if they just game plan without him.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Who’s playing for the Lakers is to some degree irrelevant. We need to come out with Game 7 type intensity from the tip off and be mentally prepared for a rough ride and for LA to throw their absolute best shot at us. Anything less than that is a bonus but we can’t bank on it

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Gladiator wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:33 pm
Who’s playing for the Lakers is to some degree irrelevant. We need to come out with Game 7 type intensity from the tip off and be mentally prepared for a rough ride and for LA to throw their absolute best shot at us. Anything less than that is a bonus but we can’t bank on it
Yeah, they're definitely going to come out and throw the first punch. We need to be resilient and come right back at them. Kind of like Game 3 of the Mavs/Clippers series where the Mavs built a huge 1st quarter lead but then the Clippers chipped away at it and came back and won rather handily.
"Be Legendary."

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:22 pm
Gladiator wrote:
Yeah, they're definitely going to come out and throw the first punch. We need to be resilient and come right back at them. Kind of like Game 3 of the Mavs/Clippers series where the Mavs built a huge 1st quarter lead but then the Clippers chipped away at it and came back and won rather handily.
Yep, although I’d be ok with sitting them on their ass before they got a chance to throw a punch as well! (Proverbially of course)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Gladiator wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:55 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:22 pm
Gladiator wrote:
Yep, although I’d be ok with sitting them on their ass before they got a chance to throw a punch as well! (Proverbially of course)
Are two back to back blowouts too much to ask for? Probably.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He said the knee injury led to the groin injury.

So your sprained knee led to the groin injury because you played hurt? So, playing with a knee sprain and a groin injury is going to make it better? What does a sprained knee and a groin injury lead to?

Fishing.