Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
dragickingdom

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by dragickingdom »

And now Philadelphia is going fishing.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wally_West wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:32 pm
Ben Simmons fucking sucks.
4 years, $140 million left on his contract. Is it the worst in the league?

I think he needs to play Center. No more of this PG stuff if he's not going to learn how to shoot.

Who says no in a Ben Simmons for Terry Rozier trade?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

This was Ben Simmons last game as a Sixer…guaranteed

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:41 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:32 pm
Ben Simmons fucking sucks.
4 years, $140 million left on his contract. Is it the worst in the league?

I think he needs to play Center. No more of this PG stuff if he's not going to learn how to shoot.

Who says no in a Ben Simmons for Terry Rozier trade?
It’s not John Wall bad..he’s still very useful..just blatantly misused and he’s got some serious mental issues on the court.

Needs to stop playing pg, I agree. I wouldn’t want him if I’m Charlotte. Not with Lamelo. I think he’s in Portland next year. A CJ for Simmons type trade is coming

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

:lol:

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Simmons kind of reminds me of bigger version of Rubio. He's not a good fit for the Sixers right now.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:00 pm
Simmons kind of reminds me of bigger version of Rubio. He's not a good fit for the Sixers right now.
Rubio can shoot free throws

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Ben Simmons & Danny Green for Ricky Rubio and D’Angelo Russell.

Ricky will at least make fucking free throws.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

They should play this every time Huerter makes a basket

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wally_West wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:24 pm
Ben Simmons & Danny Green for Ricky Rubio and D’Angelo Russell.

Ricky will at least make fucking free throws.
I’d go hard after Ben if I’m Minny, Towns is a great pairing and Edwards is a rising shot maker.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I feel bad for Ben Simmons. I think he's a very good player, he just needs to figure out how to contribute on offense. I don't think he needs to become a good 3-point shooter or whatever. He just needs to learn ways he can be a positive on that end of the floor. He probably does need to address the FT situation. Maybe get a new shooting form or routine. Look at Giannis to see a guy bad at FTs but working hard at it.

Philly is 100% going to trade him this offseason. The quotes from Embiid and Doc, they completely threw him under the bus. Not cool, honestly. Even if he did blow it, you don't tear apart your teammate to the media like that.

Some smart team is going to get Simmons at a good price and help him figure it out. He'd be an amazing Spur, and like others have said, maybe the Blazers could use him to fix their atrocious defense. Minny also makes some sense, though I doubt Philly does that unless Minny throws in some other asset.

Lost in all the shitting on Simmons is the fact that he played absolutely stifling defense on Trae Young the whole game, visibly frustrating Trae and causing him to shoot like 4-21. If the Sixers had won, we'd all be talking about Embiid's monster game and how Simmons shut Trae Young down defensively.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

I’m just hoping the media is getting to see what a mistake it was to put Thybulle on an all defensive team. He basically sealed the game for the hawks on a defensive play. It’s easy to look good playing half the game on one side of the court.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yes, honestly, Simmons did his job. Trae went 4/21 and you lost to Atlanta? Can’t let Huerter do what he did.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:18 pm
I feel bad for Ben Simmons. I think he's a very good player, he just needs to figure out how to contribute on offense. I don't think he needs to become a good 3-point shooter or whatever. He just needs to learn ways he can be a positive on that end of the floor. He probably does need to address the FT situation. Maybe get a new shooting form or routine. Look at Giannis to see a guy bad at FTs but working hard at it.

Philly is 100% going to trade him this offseason. The quotes from Embiid and Doc, they completely threw him under the bus. Not cool, honestly. Even if he did blow it, you don't tear apart your teammate to the media like that.

Some smart team is going to get Simmons at a good price and help him figure it out. He'd be an amazing Spur, and like others have said, maybe the Blazers could use him to fix their atrocious defense. Minny also makes some sense, though I doubt Philly does that unless Minny throws in some other asset.

Lost in all the shitting on Simmons is the fact that he played absolutely stifling defense on Trae Young the whole game, visibly frustrating Trae and causing him to shoot like 4-21. If the Sixers had won, we'd all be talking about Embiid's monster game and how Simmons shut Trae Young down defensively.
There's been a lot of credit given to an anonymous NBA scouting report on Ben Simmons that Ryen Russillo talked about on his podcast back in January. The takeaway from it was one scout in particular claimed that Simmons doesn't work on his game in the offseason, and I think there's a lot of on court evidence to back that up.

It's just one report, but find it hard to feel sorry for the guy if that's truly the case.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

MightyMoog wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:23 pm
I’m just hoping the media is getting to see what a mistake it was to put Thybulle on an all defensive team. He basically sealed the game for the hawks on a defensive play. It’s easy to look good playing half the game on one side of the court.
I was thinking the same thing when he fouled Huerter while shooting a three.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:18 am
I was thinking the same thing when he fouled Huerter while shooting a three.
Arguably a bigger mistake than passing up an open layup/dunk.

pickle

Post by pickle »

You know it’s a critical play when everyone immediately knows which one you are talking about.

pickle

Post by pickle »

That said, I still like thybulle and wouldn’t mind having him on the Suns. He plays his heart out but is a bit reckless.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:43 am
That said, I still like thybulle and wouldn’t mind having him on the Suns. He plays his heart out but is a bit reckless.
I like Cam Johnson more as a prospect for the Suns and I'm not sure they'd ever be in a position to have both.

Thybulle is a better defender. Cam does everything else as well as or significantly better. I guess Thybulle could gain ground on him offensively, but I think Cam can hit the upper tier of shooting percentages which is a more sought after skill.