Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:23 pm
So KD is the best player on the planet. 49/17/10/3/2, 23 shots. Played all 48 minutes. Epic performance.
And he’s a gold digger. I just can’t respect him.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:37 pm
I was putting my commentary in the wrong thread...

I was hearing some Kevin Durant slander in the media this past week. People need to put aside their feelings about his free agency decisions.

He's absolutely the best player in the league right now. The Nets couldn't have replaced him with anyone else and still won game 5 against Milwaukee.
No thanks. I don’t respect him.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:18 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I was hearing some Kevin Durant slander in the media this past week. People need to put aside their feelings about his free agency decisions.

He's absolutely the best player in the league right now. The Nets couldn't have replaced him with anyone else and still won game 5 against Milwaukee.
You don't have to respect his choices, but he's still the best player in the world right now. My point was that some people in the media were trying to mesh those two things, and it's pretty illogical if we're having a discussion about the best players.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:28 pm
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

You don't have to respect his choices, but he's still the best player in the world right now. My point was that some people in the media were trying to mesh those two things, and it's pretty illogical if we're having a discussion about the best players.
It’s a team sport. I don’t enjoy watching Durant go one-on-one. I enjoy watching teams like the Suns who play team basketball. Everybody contributes.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:38 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

It’s a team sport. I don’t enjoy watching Durant go one-on-one. I enjoy watching teams like the Suns who play team basketball. Everybody contributes.
What you enjoy watching and who's actually the best player are different.

I'd also suggest that the D'Antoni and Nash Suns offensive style was very similar to how this Brooklyn team plays, and you probably enjoyed watching them.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:53 pm
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I'd also suggest that the D'Antoni and Nash Suns offensive style was very similar to how this Brooklyn team plays, and you probably enjoyed watching them.
I don’t care who the best player is. Sorry, I don’t respect Durant and I never will. He’s a mercenary. We’ll have to agree to disagree.

And you seriously thinks the Nets play like the 7 seconds or less Suns?!
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:55 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:53 pm
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:

I don’t care who the best player is. Sorry, I don’t respect Durant and I never will. He’s a mercenary. We’ll have to agree to disagree.

And you seriously thinks the Nets play like the 7 seconds or less Suns?!
Did you forget how much time Nash spent dribbling around screens in the half court?

There were stretches when the ball movement was great, but it certainly wasn't the majority of the time.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Have to beat the best to be the best

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Durant's a special player. The Bucks don't have anyone who can create offense or be a reliable scorer. Giannis just drives and jumps into/over people. Jrue doesn't have reliable offense and Middleton can't carry the offensive load. There's no real cohesion with the Bucks, which falls on the coach. There's no real cohesion on the Nets either, but they had KD last night. They never attacked Harden or worked him for switches, had Middleton guarding KD for too long without switching it up. Bud is probably gone if they lose the series.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I didn't watch the game but this surely reads like literally losing to a one man team

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Paul went 1 on 1 like 25 times in our last game.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Indy

Post by Indy »

please go to 7 games

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Yeah, I definitely am impressed by Durant's talent, but I feel like he's never really been a player I can admire. He hops around from team to team, he seems super prickly and easily offended, he makes fake accounts to compliment himself on twitter and bashes random people who criticize him. On the court he often just hogs the ball, the only offense he seems to play is the "your turn my turn" offense with other offensive players like Kyrie or Westbrook. He's an extremely good basketball player, maybe the best in the league right now, but I find that I almost always want him and his teams to lose.

I hate this Nets team; it's yet another cobbled together superteam of guys who have no connection to the city, franchise, or each other. Yawn. I hate that the league has become like that. We just jump from one rapidly assembled superteam to another (Heat, Warriors, Lakers, now Nets). And they win almost all the titles.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:30 am
Superbone wrote:
Yeah, I definitely am impressed by Durant's talent, but I feel like he's never really been a player I can admire. He hops around from team to team, he seems super prickly and easily offended, he makes fake accounts to compliment himself on twitter and bashes random people who criticize him. On the court he often just hogs the ball, the only offense he seems to play is the "your turn my turn" offense with other offensive players like Kyrie or Westbrook. He's an extremely good basketball player, maybe the best in the league right now, but I find that I almost always want him and his teams to lose.

I hate this Nets team; it's yet another cobbled together superteam of guys who have no connection to the city, franchise, or each other. Yawn. I hate that the league has become like that. We just jump from one rapidly assembled superteam to another (Heat, Warriors, Lakers, now Nets). And they win almost all the titles.
He has a lower usage rate that Steph Curry and still has ~25% assist rate.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Glad you love him, Indy. Good for you.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I don't love him, but he is amazing. People complain that he went to Golden State, but he gave everything he could possible give to OKC. He didn't owe them anything else. And if you have 2-3 teams able to pay you the max, why not go to the bay area as a 20-something multi-millionaire with a great organization and great teammates? Would you avoid joining a company that offers you the most money because they are too good at what they do already?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:49 am
Curry is a point guard; he should have a high usage rate. Also this season was an aberration and Curry had to do a lot. Also Curry has been with one franchise for his whole life and has never chased rings by trying to go to a superteam. (I know the Warriors became a superteam when KD arrived, but I think it's different to go to a superteam vs having some FA come join your team.)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:51 am
Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:49 am
Curry is a point guard; he should have a high usage rate. Also this season was an aberration and Curry had to do a lot. Also Curry has been with one franchise for his whole life and has never chased rings by trying to go to a superteam. (I know the Warriors became a superteam when KD arrived, but I think it's different to go to a superteam vs having some FA come join your team.)
You don't think Curry helped recruit Durant? Why would that be any better?

And Durant's last year in GSW, he took less shots than Curry and had more assists. I don't get when people say Curry is an amazing team player that makes everyone around him better, but Durant is just a ball hog, one on one player.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:30 am
Superbone wrote:

Wait, I thought you liked the Warriors superteam? :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.