Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by Superbone »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:28 pm
Ugh. Really wish our games were on TNT.
You’re in luck. Tomorrow’s is. Speaking of which, where’s the game day thread? Who’s got next?
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:18 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:47 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:58 am
The Bucks need to let someone else create offense for Giannis
I'm a Giannis fan, but that's a pretty damning sentence to write about a $50M/year player.
They just need to stop trying to make him LeBron…let him be AD
I said it before and I’ll say it again, he’s a rich man’s Shawn Marion. His impact on the game is the same- a super role player, not a #1 player.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think it's coaching at this point. Bud isn't putting anyone in a position to succeed. The roster also doesn't seem to mesh well and feels like a collection of nice players moreso than a team.

I'm happy the Clips won last night just so that series is extended a bit. Hopefully we can take care of Denver and get some rest in. I'm really not overly impressed with either the Clips or the Jazz - tho from a matchup standpoint they're interesting to watch. The Clips are more talented at the swing positions, the Jazz more talented at PG and C but also have better balance with Bojan, Ingles and Clarkson off the bench. There's serious dropff tho when you get to Niang and O'Neal and Favors kind of is what he is.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:17 am
I think it's coaching at this point. Bud isn't putting anyone in a position to succeed. The roster also doesn't seem to mesh well and feels like a collection of nice players moreso than a team.

I'm happy the Clips won last night just so that series is extended a bit. Hopefully we can take care of Denver and get some rest in. I'm really not overly impressed with either the Clips or the Jazz - tho from a matchup standpoint they're interesting to watch. The Clips are more talented at the swing positions, the Jazz more talented at PG and C but also have better balance with Bojan, Ingles and Clarkson off the bench. There's serious dropff tho when you get to Niang and O'Neal and Favors kind of is what he is.
I'm not going to worry about who comes out of the series. Just like the team didn't when it came to the Lakers. I am feeling more and more confident that we can beat anybody. Anyway, stick to what we can control. It's been a hell of a ride.
"Be Legendary."

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

ShelC wrote:

I'd rather play the Jazz. Leonard and Paul are a match-up problem for us, and Rondo LOATHES CP3. He always seems to cause problems for the Suns and Paul with his chippy play. So, I want the Jazz to win from here on in. OTOH, the Suns roster and offense is basically custom built to neutralize Gobert.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

See I feel like we easily have the bodies with Bridges, Jae, Craig, and Cam to defend PG and Kawhi plus clear advantages at point guard and center.

The Jazz are kind of the opposite as we'd have to gameplan around Mitchell and then stay out on their perimeter shooters, which we've shown we can do. If you can make Gobert their 2nd best player, you're in a good spot.

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

""

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wormwood wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:14 pm
ShelC wrote:

I'd rather play the Jazz. Leonard and Paul are a match-up problem for us, and Rondo LOATHES CP3. He always seems to cause problems for the Suns and Paul with his chippy play. So, I want the Jazz to win from here on in. OTOH, the Suns roster and offense is basically custom built to neutralize Gobert.
I would definitely choose the Jazz if we had home court. Still, you might be right.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:29 pm
Wormwood wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:14 pm
ShelC wrote:

I would definitely choose the Jazz if we had home court. Still, you might be right.
Same. I really wish we had won one more game and the Nuggets had been #4. :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

BAMF wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:16 pm
""
Brutal. Hate seeing this.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Watching the Nets and Bucks beat the **** out of each other. Harden's wounded, Kyrie's down, PJ Tucker got laid out by Blake Griffin.

If we make the finals, I think we should be heavily favored against the Bucks. With the Nets, we should be underdogs if they're healthy, even odds if they are missing one of the big three, and favored if still missing two of them.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Out for the rest of the game .. no Harden and no Irving for the Nets is a game changer, to state the obvious.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow. Nets just pulled their starters with 4 min left, down 17. Kyrie out with ankle injury. 2-2 series. Huge for the Bucks. Bucks big 3 (Giannis, Middleton, Jrue) all look great today.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:40 pm
Wow. Nets just pulled their starters with 4 min left, down 17.
Right after JVG got done saying why they shouldn’t. That was kind of amusing.

If the Nets are felled by injuries, the championship is wide open. A healthy Nets team is the only one I don’t think we can beat.
Last edited by Cap on Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Nash should suit up and play!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Cap wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:43 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:40 pm
Wow. Nets just pulled their starters with 4 min left, down 17.
Right after JVG got done saying why they shouldn’t. That was kind of amusing.

If the Nets are felled by injuries, the championship is wide open. A healthy Nets team is the only one I don’t think we can beat.
The Bucks will win this series if Kyrie and harden can’t go…I imagine Kyrie is out for a bit, but I won’t be surprised if Harden comes back soon.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

This playoffs is a war of attrition.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

If we make it to the Finals, my preferred opponent would be Philadelphia. I think we could destroy them, especially if Ayton keeps playing with intensity.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:19 pm
If we make it to the Finals, my preferred opponent would be Philadelphia. I think we could destroy them, especially if Ayton keeps playing with intensity.
What about the Hawks?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:22 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:19 pm
What about the Hawks?
I think he meant of teams with a reasonable chance to be there.