Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Indy
Posts: 13779
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:41 pm
I'm so over the Bucks.
Can you just call a series if they are down by 30 in the first 3 games?

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 3203
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by AmareIsGod »

I told you guys the Bucks would be lucky to win a single game. This series is trash. Can't believe so many experts were amped about this series and thought the Bucks had a good chance for the upset when Harden went down.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
Wally_West
Posts: 3895
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by Wally_West »

Bud getting fired for sure.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21708
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:54 pm
Bud getting fired for sure.
Remember when we wanted him for our coach so bad?
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
Wally_West
Posts: 3895
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by Wally_West »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:42 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:54 pm
Bud getting fired for sure.
Remember when we wanted him for our coach so bad?
He would’ve been huge upgrade over Igor but mostly likely would’ve mean no Monty. I’m happy how things turned out.

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 3203
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by AmareIsGod »

Bucks are embarrassing. I knew Brooklyn would wax them but that was just an utter joke.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 13020
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by Mori Chu »

The Bucks just aren't themselves. It's scary that Brooklyn is this good without arguably their second-best player. What a juggernaut.

User avatar
Wally_West
Posts: 3895
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by Wally_West »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:15 pm
The Bucks just aren't themselves. It's scary that Brooklyn is this good without arguably their second-best player. What a juggernaut.
Gonna be sweet when the Suns beat them in the finals. ;)

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 5094
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Kevin Durant has been the best player in the playoffs so far. I don't know how the Nets can lose if that doesn't change.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 4820
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by Shabazz »

Torrey Craig would look good on the Bucks right now.

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 5094
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

They'd still lose by 20 and everyone would be wondering why Bud played him 12 minutes and Giannis only 34.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 4820
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by Shabazz »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:44 am
They'd still lose by 20 and everyone would be wondering why Bud played him 12 minutes and Giannis only 34.
Oh, I don’t think he’d be the difference between winning and losing in the series. But would anyone even trade Craig for Tucker straight up right now?

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 13020
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by Mori Chu »

If Craig were a little better shooter, he would be immensely valuable. As-is he's quite nice, especially essentially for free as we got him. But I do think his spotty shooting makes him a bit of a liability to have our there for any extended minutes.

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 8096
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by ShelC »

Funny because I've found myself extremely surprised at how well he's shot the 3. He's still around his average of 35-36%, but it just feels like he knocks down the open 3 every time he takes it. I wasn't expecting that from him.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 13779
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by Indy »

35-36% is good for a bench guy that is really here for defense/rebounding. The part that holds him back in my eyes is when he does some of the things that we used to get on PJ for quite a bit. He will sometimes get a defensive rebound, then decide it would be a good idea for him to bring the ball up the court and try a 1 on 3 break, usually to end up with a TO or a really bad shot.

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 8096
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by ShelC »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:11 pm
35-36% is good for a bench guy that is really here for defense/rebounding. The part that holds him back in my eyes is when he does some of the things that we used to get on PJ for quite a bit. He will sometimes get a defensive rebound, then decide it would be a good idea for him to bring the ball up the court and try a 1 on 3 break, usually to end up with a TO or a really bad shot.
Exactly, it's less often for sure but still drives you crazy. He's kinda like Book where he gets that look in his eye and you just know he's gonna do something stupid with the ball.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 13195
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:14 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:11 pm
35-36% is good for a bench guy that is really here for defense/rebounding. The part that holds him back in my eyes is when he does some of the things that we used to get on PJ for quite a bit. He will sometimes get a defensive rebound, then decide it would be a good idea for him to bring the ball up the court and try a 1 on 3 break, usually to end up with a TO or a really bad shot.
Exactly, it's less often for sure but still drives you crazy. He's kinda like Book where he gets that look in his eye and you just know he's gonna do something stupid with the ball.
I have noticed it a couple times, but honestly he’s had a few times he’s surprised me getting to the rim as well.
Split: I would trade DA for SGA right now(11-24-2020)

Cap: I wouldn’t. Somebody remember to check this post in five years and see which of us looks the fool.

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 8096
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by ShelC »


User avatar
Indy
Posts: 13779
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:21 pm
ShelC wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:14 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:11 pm
35-36% is good for a bench guy that is really here for defense/rebounding. The part that holds him back in my eyes is when he does some of the things that we used to get on PJ for quite a bit. He will sometimes get a defensive rebound, then decide it would be a good idea for him to bring the ball up the court and try a 1 on 3 break, usually to end up with a TO or a really bad shot.
Exactly, it's less often for sure but still drives you crazy. He's kinda like Book where he gets that look in his eye and you just know he's gonna do something stupid with the ball.
I have noticed it a couple times, but honestly he’s had a few times he’s surprised me getting to the rim as well.
True, but not as often as you should if you look off Book or CP3 or even Cam Payne to take the ball yourself.

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 3896
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by bajanguy008 »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:14 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:11 pm
35-36% is good for a bench guy that is really here for defense/rebounding. The part that holds him back in my eyes is when he does some of the things that we used to get on PJ for quite a bit. He will sometimes get a defensive rebound, then decide it would be a good idea for him to bring the ball up the court and try a 1 on 3 break, usually to end up with a TO or a really bad shot.
Exactly, it's less often for sure but still drives you crazy. He's kinda like Book where he gets that look in his eye and you just know he's gonna do something stupid with the ball.
Lol
No lies detected :lol:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Post Reply