Game Day Playoff Edition — Round 2, Game 4 — Phoenix Suns @ Denver Nuggets, Sunday 6/13/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Game Day Playoff Edition — Round 2, Game 4 — Phoenix Suns @ Denver Nuggets, Sunday 6/13/2021

Post by JeremyG »

Time: 5:00 pm AZ (5:00 pm PT/8:00 pm ET)
Place: Pepsi Center, Denver, CO
TV: TNT

If you have a chance to sweep a team, you've gotta do it. Let's break the franchise record for consecutive playoff wins! Time to get revenge for George McCloud, Jason Kidd, and Rex Chapman being left out in the snow!

GO SUNS!!!

Dis • cuss
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition — Round 2, Game 4 — Phoenix Suns @ Denver Nuggets, Sunday 6/13/2021

Post by Superbone »

There it is! Good job, Jeremy. With a reference to the past to boot. Let’s put this present day Nuggets team out of their misery. The real MVP will make sure it happens.
"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition — Round 2, Game 4 — Phoenix Suns @ Denver Nuggets, Sunday 6/13/2021

Post by Wally_West »

Thanks for making the thread JeremyG!

LETS BEAT THESE MOTHERF%#@KERZZ!!

Bucktastic365

Post by Bucktastic365 »

If we squash their 1st run early, I can't see them coming back

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Nuggets will be playing for their pride but they know the chances of them winning four in a row are slim to none and slim just left town.

FINISH THEM!!!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Polly says, GO SUNS!! We can do this!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Had a feeling Malone would try a different lineup

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Scott Foster crew chief for the Bucks/Nets game. Have you noticed that they’ve kept him in the East since the 0-13 Paul game?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

We've given up a lot of ORs in the series but fortunately haven't been bitten by it. Their long misses lead to longer rebounds but they haven't taken advantage.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Barton and Morris do give them a strong starting lineup. But then they'll have trouble scoring when their starters rest. I love our deep bench in situations like this.

I don't get why Aaron Gordon has been so bad in this series. He has been a real disappointment for them. Shouldn't his strength and athleticism make him a mismatch against our PFs?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:14 pm
Barton and Morris do give them a strong starting lineup. But then they'll have trouble scoring when their starters rest. I love our deep bench in situations like this.

I don't get why Aaron Gordon has been so bad in this series. He has been a real disappointment for them. Shouldn't his strength and athleticism make him a mismatch against our PFs?
The worst part for Gordon was calling out his teammates and then promptly disappearing.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:57 pm
Scott Foster crew chief for the Bucks/Nets game. Have you noticed that they’ve kept him in the East since the 0-13 Paul game?
Did you also notice how terribly that game was officiated?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Mori Chu wrote:
Barton and Morris do give them a strong starting lineup. But then they'll have trouble scoring when their starters rest.
Maybe they'll just not rest.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

pickle

Post by pickle »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:00 pm

I don’t know if this helps them on a whole. These guys have talent but now they have to go against our starters. I think the net advantage is still to the Suns. I do hope our second unit doesn’t get caught off guard by the scrappiness of Campazzo and Rivers tho.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Mori Chu wrote:

He’s just not a reliable scorer. He’s a bit of a Jack of all trades guy who is slightly above average in defense and playmaking but fairly below average by NBA starter standards in terms of shooting and creating scoring opportunities. He did well against us in game one because of his defensive matchups which allowed him to just play bully ball.

I tried to respond to your long post in game two when you were concerned about Crowder’s shoving match against Gordon, but the post got lost into the ether due to my fat fingers, so I’ll say it here. Gordon is not really a tough guy, and he doesn’t have the game to back up his talk.

I still like him for the Suns because we could use the athleticism and defense at the 4 but he doesn’t scare me.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Morris and Barton were the Nuggets best players besides Jokic in game 3. Malone starting at least one of them would've been easy to predict.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

pickle wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:44 pm
ShelC wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:00 pm

I don’t know if this helps them on a whole. These guys have talent but now they have to go against our starters. I think the net advantage is still to the Suns. I do hope our second unit doesn’t get caught off guard by the scrappiness of Campazzo and Rivers tho.
I think Campazzo might be at a bigger disadvantage defensively against Payne..Payne is too quick for him

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:

Think it’s smart for Denver…they had 3.5 bad defenders out there before, now it’s 1.5. Might be a classic game where our bench units go on huge runs though.