Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 1 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Sunday 6/20/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Furlanfufi

Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 1 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Sunday 6/20/2021

Post by Furlanfufi »

Time: Sunday, June 20, 12:30 pm AZ (12:30 pm PT/3:30 pm ET)
Place: Phoenix Suns Arena, Phoenix, Az
TV: ABC

Clippers without Kawhi and Suns possibly without CP3. Let's not get happy on the farm!!!

GO SUNS!!!

Dis • cuss
Last edited by Furlanfufi on Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Furlanfufi

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 1 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Sunday 6/20/2021

Post by Furlanfufi »

This time is not just Polly who will give us luck!!

I present to you Maizena (that's portuguese for cornflour/cornstarch), the Point Dog!!!!

Superbone

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 1 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Sunday 6/20/2021

Post by Superbone »

Good job, Furlanfufi! Let's do this!

SUNS FANS, ARE YOU READY?! ON YOUR FEET!!!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Sink the Clippers!

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Once again I hear the Beat L.A. chants :)
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

pickle

Post by pickle »

Beat Louisiana!

Speaking of which, saw some random baseless chatter that NO might move once their arena lease is up in 2 years.

carey

Post by carey »

pickle wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:07 am
Beat Louisiana!

Speaking of which, saw some random baseless chatter that NO might move once their arena lease is up in 2 years.
Just rumors so far. It was based on the Hollinger article where he voted them "most likely" to relocate. It's based on Benson owning both the Saints & the Pelicans. That's their main business so it's not like some owners where owning the team is a side thing. The year away from fans has been awful financially. What the team needs is a playoff run for the city to get behind.

Back to the Clippers. They fight hard every night. They were down 0-2 to the Mavs. It's going to be a tough series. Booker and George really dislike one another. If you thought there was bad blood with the Lakers wait until you see the physicality of this series.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Sucks the Jazz couldn't force a Game 7. Quick turnaround for the Clips, who have to be feeling some effects of the postseason, or will be soon. 7 games against the Mavs, a tough 6 against the Jazz and no Kawhi. I think they're too reliant on guys getting hot and don't have the talent up and down the roster that we have. But they're scrappy and have hard playing players.

I don't think we should emphasize DA in the post if/when they do go smaller but we can exploit the mismatch in PnRs and just lob the ball up and let him finish. Then we need to control the glass. He can hang a bit on the perimeter unlike Gobert, and Morris isn't necessarily looking to drive the ball anyway. If he needs to sit, I'm more than comfortable with Dario, Craig and even Jae at the 5. It might thin us out in the backcourt without CP if he's out, but we can go small effectively on both sides of the ball.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:17 pm
This time is not just Polly who will give us luck!!

I present to you Maizena (that's portuguese for cornflour/cornstarch), the Point Dog!!!!

Awesome! Soooooo cute. Love the outfit. GO SUNS! Polly photo coming soon...

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

It's not just Booker vs. George with the animosity. It's Paul vs. Rondo/Beverley/Clippers. It's Morris vs. the entire state of Arizona.

The regular season was chippy between these two teams, just imagine what the WCF is going to be like. What is the over/under on number of suspensions this series?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:50 am
pickle wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:07 am
Beat Louisiana!

Just rumors so far. It was based on the Hollinger article where he voted them "most likely" to relocate. It's based on Benson owning both the Saints & the Pelicans. That's their main business so it's not like some owners where owning the team is a side thing. The year away from fans has been awful financially. What the team needs is a playoff run for the city to get behind.

Back to the Clippers. They fight hard every night. They were down 0-2 to the Mavs. It's going to be a tough series. Booker and George really dislike one another. If you thought there was bad blood with the Lakers wait until you see the physicality of this series.
Not to mention Beverly/Booker.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

If we don't have Paul for Game 1 (most likely scenario), we might need Bridges to have his own Mann-type offensive breakout game.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:09 am
It's not just Booker vs. George with the animosity. It's Paul vs. Rondo/Beverley/Clippers. It's Morris vs. the entire state of Arizona.

The regular season was chippy between these two teams, just imagine what the WCF is going to be like. What is the over/under on number of suspensions this series?
Yup. We need to keep our poise. I'm looking at you, Book. They'll be doing everything in their power to get under our skin.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Not too worried about Book. A little worried about Ayton. He was less than stellar game 4 against the Nuggets. He needs to put on his thinking cap and spray his hands with stickum.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I still think Ayton may have some sort of health/fatigue issue. Whenever he's had a lot of rest (like at the beginning of each playoff series) he seems to be a lot more dominant and play with more energy.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Interestingly I was watching DA in the Denver series thinking he's finally looking in shape. He was running rim to rim most of the time and just looked thin and fluid. He's played a ton of minutes tho so I'm glad he got some rest. I'm hoping the time off doesn't take off the edge and hustle he was playing with.
Last edited by ShelC on Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m pretty sure he’s done for the series and this kinda fuels that a bit.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:59 pm

I’m pretty sure he’s done for the series and this kinda fuels that a bit.
Even if it is a minor ACL strain, you don't play on it going into a contract off-season. It would just be dumb for him to do that, and he has shown that he doesn't risk playing if he isn't right.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It's not Leonard's MO to play unless he and his personal team thinks he's 110%.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:03 pm
It's not Leonard's MO to play unless he and his personal team thinks he's 110%.
Yep. Every player should have their own personal medical team. Your employer doesn't have your best interest at heart.