Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns Game II Tuesday June 22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns Game II Tuesday June 22

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:08 am
pickle wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:59 am
I do have to say, that previous out of bounds play where Bridges missed a corner 3, I wish he had cut and taken a shot at the rim to force the refs to make a call. Worked out ok in the end.

DA deserves the game ball for his son.
The clock was running down but he definitely could've put the ball on the floor and attacked - pull up J, hard take to the rim to try and get the foul or get the defense to help and then pass to DA at the rim. We got the open look/shot we wanted, but I wasn't crazy that we drew something up for a corner 3.
Not only that but his foot was on the line. It would have only been a very long two.
"Be Legendary."

Bruiser

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns Game II Tuesday June 22

Post by Bruiser »

ShelC wrote:This is great!

Also these

Thank you for sharing this. :)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Probably only time I was glad to see knucklehead Stephen A in a post on here

I also just came across this gem. I'm gonna laugh at his expression for a looonng time

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:14 am
The last two minutes took a while, but at least they got it right. The L2M report is perfect.

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport. ... 0042000312
Except for that ball off Booker on the Bev poke out. THAT has ALWAYS been out on the defensive player. That should NOT be a reviewable play.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:41 am
Cap wrote:
The last two minutes took a while, but at least they got it right. The L2M report is perfect.

Except for that ball off Booker on the Bev poke out. THAT has ALWAYS been out on the defensive player. That should NOT be a reviewable play.
I think they got that right. It touched Booker last.

What I don’t understand is why the Clippers didn’t get a T for attempting illegal substitutions after Ayton’s dunk. You put a player on the floor who hasn’t been beckoned in by the refs, that’s a T. Instead they just got extra time to figure out a play while the refs spent several minutes sorting it out and getting the right players on the floor.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:51 am
Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:

What I don’t understand is why the Clippers didn’t get a T for attempting illegal substitutions after Ayton’s dunk. You put a player on the floor who hasn’t been beckoned in by the refs, that’s a T. Instead they just got extra time to figure out a play while the refs spent several minutes sorting it out and getting the right players on the floor.
So, you seriously think they should stop play every time that happens in a basketball game and if it tips off the offensive player's fingertip, it should go the other way? Did you watch the rant above? I'm with that guy. Van Gundy said the same thing during the broadcast last night.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:54 am
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:

So, you seriously think they should stop play every time that happens in a basketball game and if it tips off the offensive player's fingertip, it should go the other way? Did you watch the rant above? I'm with that guy. Van Gundy said the same thing during the broadcast last night.
I get so sick of Van Gundy constantly complaining about the rules.

No, it doesn’t have to be reviewed every time, but in the last two minutes, sure.

Split T

Post by Split T »

They better have gotten every call right, they spent 5 minutes reviewing each one…I do agree that technically the ball was off Booker on that one call, but that needs to change or the refs need to not have the ability to review it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Cap wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:57 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:54 am
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:

I get so sick of Van Gundy constantly complaining about the rules.

No, it doesn’t have to be reviewed every time, but in the last two minutes, sure.
It’s dumb…if it’s going to be called one way all game, you can’t call it differently in the last two minutes. That call is off the defender 100/100 times without a slo-mo review.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:30 pm
Fucking Scott Foster.
Can we get Marty to work in a script where this gets posted every 13th post in a game day thread where he is reffing?

EDIT--After reading a bit more, it might need to be every other post.

EDIT #2--OK, maybe 3 out of every 5 posts.

EDIT #3--8/10 in the 4th quarter...

Indy

Post by Indy »

pickle wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:50 pm
Just praying that Beverly doesn’t get anybody hurt.
prophet

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:11 pm
pickle wrote:
prophet
God answers the prayers of true prophets.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:13 pm
Indy wrote:
pickle wrote:
prophet
We're winning the NBA Championship!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:59 am

But really, look up baseline inbound plays. Tons of them have that screen for the big-guy element. Not to mention there was 0.9 seconds left. What the hell else did the Clippers expect the Suns to try?
I think they were mentally set on a Booker catch and turn around jumper. A betting man would have put his money on it, and many posters around here, had Ayton written off as a viable option on a situation like this, so maybe the Clippers’ staff also dismissed.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:14 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

But really, look up baseline inbound plays. Tons of them have that screen for the big-guy element. Not to mention there was 0.9 seconds left. What the hell else did the Clippers expect the Suns to try?
I think they were mentally set on a Booker catch and turn around jumper. A betting man would have put his money on it, and many posters around here, had Ayton written off as a viable option on a situation like this, so maybe the Clippers’ staff also dismissed.
Three months ago that thinking would have made sense. By now they know Ayton’s capable.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:48 pm
Cap wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:13 pm
Indy wrote:
pickle wrote:
prophet
We're winning the NBA Championship!
Would you cry? I probably will.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Cap wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:35 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:14 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Three months ago that thinking would have made sense. By now they know Ayton’s capable.
Twelve games ago actually. But it’s on the Clippers’ coaching staff to keep up with opposing players catching fire, as we surely did with Mann. They didn’t, we won.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:35 pm
That's the most impressive Alley Oop I've seen from this team
And then...they topped it. :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:30 pm
DA great in the 1st half. They have no answer for him. We should try more lobs to the rim because they have no one who can meet him up top.
Exactly. :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.