Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns Game II Tuesday June 22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns Game II Tuesday June 22

Post by bajanguy008 »

Always find it interesting when even players from other teams comment on this type of stuff
I would guess Scott Foster isn't too liked around the league

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns Game II Tuesday June 22

Post by bajanguy008 »

Didn't see much or any comments on this but one of my OMG moments was Jae smh lol

If Crowder hand dunked on Zubac that would have been so shocking lolol. He kinda got blocked too but because he went in aggressive and basically with every bit of lift he could get 😊😀 he was rewarded with the call

I think the crowd would have lost their mind and that would have been a for sure tone setter
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Still in a bit of shock from last night. The replays took away so much momentum it was hard to celebrate anything until triple zeroes on the clock. Great job by the team pushing thru all nonsense to keep their heads. Just doesn't feel like a game we'd normally win with all those things taking place with Bev, the refs, the replays, the bogus fouls. Great character win for us and one of the best Suns wins ever but it just as easily could've gone the other way. Can't imagine how Clips fans feel.

Another total team effort. Payne was unguardable most of the night and looked really focused on taking it to the Clips in the 2nd half. Unreal play from him stepping in for CP. It'll be a big loss if he signs somewhere else in the offseason but I think it'll be tough to keep him.

Book didn't have it most of the game but made shots when it mattered and the elbow jumper to put us up 1 before the PG shot was automatic for him off the TO. Great shot by a great player. Wasn't affected by the nose at all and we know he set the monster screen on Zubac to free up DA. Love him talking to DA after the game too.

Underrated star of the game is Cam Johnson, who's quietly having a very good series. Big jumper late, but also two big ORs and a some nice finishes at the rim.

Dario played well in limited minutes too, 11-3-2 in 13 minutes. Moore chipped in 5 boards and 3 assists and looked better this time around.

Bridges and Crowder 2-10 and 1-8 from 3 but you know they're getting it done defensively. Still, we need some offensive production from them. Bridges with a big shot late and Crowder had a strong drive attacking the basket for a foul.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I do have to say, that previous out of bounds play where Bridges missed a corner 3, I wish he had cut and taken a shot at the rim to force the refs to make a call. Worked out ok in the end.

DA deserves the game ball for his son.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Great teams seem to find a way to win games like last night's. Lord knows the Suns have been on the losing end of those many times in their history. And that's where you separate the contenders from the also-rans. The also-rans always seem to have missed free throws that leave the door open or a defensive lapse that costs them the game. Being the team that can consistently execute down the stretch at critical moments is a rare trait to have and this Suns team has shown it so far this season.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

pickle wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:59 am
I do have to say, that previous out of bounds play where Bridges missed a corner 3, I wish he had cut and taken a shot at the rim to force the refs to make a call. Worked out ok in the end.

The clock was running down but he definitely could've put the ball on the floor and attacked - pull up J, hard take to the rim to try and get the foul or get the defense to help and then pass to DA at the rim. We got the open look/shot we wanted, but I wasn't crazy that we drew something up for a corner 3.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

pickle wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:18 am
Ok that was easier than I thought. This is exactly how I felt. Luckily I am in another time zone and I didn’t need to hold back.
My wife was like "You sounded like a caveman who had just scored his first mammoth".

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

The Bobster wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:04 am
Great teams seem to find a way to win games like last night's. Lord knows the Suns have been on the losing end of those many times in their history. And that's where you separate the contenders from the also-rans. The also-rans always seem to have missed free throws that leave the door open or a defensive lapse that costs them the game. Being the team that can consistently execute down the stretch at critical moments is a rare trait to have and this Suns team has shown it so far this season.
So freaking Spursy that I can hardly believe it. This was exactly what the Barkley and Nash era teams were missing. If the Suns do this right, we could be looking at a juggernaut year-in and year-out. Might not win the title every year but I'd love to see this iteration of the Suns going deep into the playoffs every year for the next decade and more until Booker, Mikal, and Ayton retire.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The nice thing about these wins now is that we're doing it without CP - This is the bubble Suns. A lot of people just want to chalk everything up to CP but it wasn't Monty just rolling the ball out there and saying "Save Us" or Book all of a sudden becoming good because CP arrived. CP's been huge, but the foundation was here. Hopefully people are seeing that now.

pickle

Post by pickle »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:08 am
pickle wrote:

The clock was running down but he definitely could've put the ball on the floor and attacked - pull up J, hard take to the rim to try and get the foul or get the defense to help and then pass to DA at the rim. We got the open look/shot we wanted, but I wasn't crazy that we drew something up for a corner 3.
Yeah. Or even if he ran straight down the baseline to give crowder another angle to deliver that pass and for him to get a much easier shot at the rim. Pretty sure there was enough time for that.

Split T

Post by Split T »

pickle wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:47 am
ShelC wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:08 am
pickle wrote:

Yeah. Or even if he ran straight down the baseline to give crowder another angle to deliver that pass and for him to get a much easier shot at the rim. Pretty sure there was enough time for that.
I was thinking the same thing. He could have cut baseline when his man left to cover Crowder. PG was ready, but Mikal could have had a 10 foot jumper, or possibly even a quick lob to Ayton.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:43 am
The nice thing about these wins now is that we're doing it without CP - This is the bubble Suns. A lot of people just want to chalk everything up to CP but it wasn't Monty just rolling the ball out there and saying "Save Us" or Book all of a sudden becoming good because CP arrived. CP's been huge, but the foundation was here. Hopefully people are seeing that now.
I’m sure many outside looking in at the Suns this year give all the credit for our success to CP3. CP3 saw the Suns play in the bubble and joined us. He was a huge acquisition but, the Suns were getting pretty darn good without him. Winning the two games without him has had to open some eyes. We are definitely better with him. We are still pretty lethal even without him. They are a real good team.

Cap

Post by Cap »

We basically have the bubble team, minus Rubio, plus Crowder and Craig. Still winning.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I was hoping for more from Craig last game. 0 pts, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 blocks, 0 steals.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I was so giddy and in shock after last night's game that I couldn't even get myself coherent enough to post here. I needed to wait until this morning.

First of all, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! What a fucking game. One of the best wins and best plays in Phoenix Suns franchise history. We'll be talking about it for years to come. The "Valley-oop" is a catchy name for it, too.

DeAndre Ayton has really emerged as a key part of this team. He's having a special playoffs. His shooting percentage is otherworldly; he's just making smart plays and everything he's doing is helping us win games. He's played great defense on dominant bigs like Anthony Davis and Nikola Jokic, and now he's feasting on the Clippers small and big lineups alike. He's a matchup nightmare for these other teams. And you can see his exuberance and genuine joy at this special playoff run. Really happy for my guy.

Cameron Payne also had a great game. 29 and 9 with no turnovers, wow. I am a little worried that he's becoming a bit too shoot-first and should look for open teammates more. Several times he drove to the basket, had defenders collapse on him (leading to open shooters on the perimeter), yet he'd try to force a layup. I love the guy and we need his aggressiveness and scoring, but I hope he'll keep his eyes open out there.

Our wings had a rough night; Bridges and Crowder were missing almost every 3. I think it's related to Payne, given that he and Book weren't always finding these guys with good passes for open shots. I hope we try to work on that. Cam Johnson is playing great, though. You almost don't notice he's out there, but then he'll hit a big 3 or drive to the basket and make a short jumper. Also playing generally strong defense. Been really impressed with him. Almost a perfect wing scorer off the bench.

I thought Saric had a really good game, too. I know some folks think he shouldn't play, but I think he adds a lot with his high IQ and savvy. He's just good at making the right play. He will hit a guy with a perfect pass, or he'll use a series of fakes and moves to get an open shot under the basket, or he'll hit an occasional 3. I like him out there and think he should get the backup big minutes over Kaminsky for sure.

Booker didn't shoot well last night but he still gutted it out. Beverley is hounding him on defense all over the court, and they're throwing doubles and other traps at him. In general I think he's handling it about as well as could be asked of him. I mentioned this before Game 1 but I worry that Beverley will injure Paul or Booker with his constantly reckless and aggressive play. I feel like Beverley is always "accidentally" slamming into guys, hitting them, hurting them, then acting like it was an accident. I don't think the headbutt was intentional per se, but Beverley is just always throwing his body around in a way that is likely to hurt others. And then he gets in their face and acts like he wants to throw down. He's a punkass; I hate him.

Man, can you imagine what the Clippers fans must be feeling right now? What a devastating loss for them. I could see this breaking their spirits.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

pickle wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:17 am
I don’t know how to post a tweet here but this one is hilarious.

That's great. I wish I would have had a video of myself. I'm still hoarse this morning.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

This is great!

Also these

Suns_Dave

Post by Suns_Dave »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:35 am
Man, can you imagine what the Clippers fans must be feeling right now?
As long suffering Suns fans, I think we have a pretty good idea 😂. Feels better than I imagined to be on the other side of a game like this!

Cap

Post by Cap »

The last two minutes took a while, but at least they got it right. The L2M report is perfect.

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport. ... 0042000312

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

https://www.change.org/p/nba-remove-sco ... 646412.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk