Eastern Conference Finals: Hawks vs Bucks

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Nodack

Re: Eastern Conference Finals: Hawks vs Bucks

Post by Nodack »

Too much rest is what Paul just had and he’s just now getting it back together. Four days would be almost too much time. I decided I like three. Not that that matters in the slightest bit.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:36 pm
Too much rest is what Paul just had and he’s just now getting it back together. Four days would be almost too much time. I decided I like three. Not that that matters in the slightest bit.
Well, if the Hawks are without Young, I don't give them any chance. Could be over quickly. We might not need to worry about too much rest. Plus, we still have to take care of business.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:33 pm
Cap wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:59 am
Nodack wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:53 am
I don’t care what people say on Twitter. If we win, we win. People can talk all they want. It means nothing. l.A. will always say what if we had so and so, it might have been different. Well, you didn’t and it wasn’t.
We have more than our fair share of “What if so-and-so hadn’t gotten injured” stories and nobody cares, so we’re not going to care about theirs.
And the Suns haven’t been 100% these past couple of series either. Paul’s shoulder then Covid. Booker’s broken nose and face mask. I am hoping they both get it together tonight and put the Clippers out of their misery.
Exactly, everyone's ignoring the Suns' injuries/illness.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

If both series end in 5, I wonder if the Finals would start on Sunday (the 4th of July)?

The East can't end before Thursday, so I don't see the Finals starting before Sunday, which means we will have at least 6 days of rest if we win tonight.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

All this talk including myself about what day we start playing the finals makes me nervous since this series isn’t over. I sure hope the Suns players haven’t adopted that attitude. I guess we fans have the luxury to do that since we don’t play the game. I almost don’t want to jinx anything or get ahead of ourselves thinking we have this wrapped up already when we don’t.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Finals always start on pre-selected date, July 8th this year.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:44 pm
The Finals always start on pre-selected date, July 8th this year.
I read that they could start them July 6th if both series finish early, but it’s either the 6th or 8th

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:53 pm
All this talk including myself about what day we start playing the finals makes me nervous since this series isn’t over. I sure hope the Suns players haven’t adopted that attitude. I guess we fans have the luxury to do that since we don’t play the game. I almost don’t want to jinx anything or get ahead of ourselves thinking we have this wrapped up already when we don’t.
I'm worried about this too. It won't be good if we have to go back to LA. Here's to hoping for a MAJOR celebration tonight! I'm not getting any work done today, that's for sure! (I hope my bosses aren't reading! :D )
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:25 pm
Nodack wrote:
I'm worried about this too. It won't be good if we have to go back to LA. Here's to hoping for a MAJOR celebration tonight! I'm not getting any work done today, that's for sure! (I hope my bosses aren't reading! :D )
Well, we were right. Going back to L.A. with our heads between our legs looking very beatable.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:30 am
Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:25 pm
Nodack wrote:
Well, we were right. Going back to L.A. with our heads between our legs looking very beatable.
Clippers have the momentum now. We are not looking like ourselves and are on our heels. Snap out of it!
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Bucks v Suns if the Suns can finish the Clips off on Wednesday.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Dunno if anyone is watching right now. End of quarter possession, I really like how Reddish refused to switch on that pick and roll between Giannis and Middleton. Seems defenders just take switching for granted these days and never fight through picks anymore.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Hawks up 51-38 at the half.

The crowd taunting and counting 1,2,3 every time Giannis shoots a free throw. He can’t even draw iron because of it.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I saw one of the airballs but he has 3? He needs to just walk up there, dribble 3-4 times and let it go.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Son of a bitch, Giannis is probably done.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Giannis just hyper extended his left knee.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Now he's back on the bench, but they'd be insane to put him back into this game. They're down 20 on the road in the second half.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow, poor Bucks. I really hope Giannis is okay.