Game Day, Playoff Edition — WCF: Game 6 — Phoenix Suns @ LA Clippers, Wed 6/30/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
England Sun

Re: Game Day, Playoff Edition — WCF: Game 6 — Phoenix Suns @ LA Clippers, Wed 6/30/2021

Post by England Sun »

Wherever you guys meet up know I am right there in spirit!!!!!!!!
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Superbone

Re: Game Day, Playoff Edition — WCF: Game 6 — Phoenix Suns @ LA Clippers, Wed 6/30/2021

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:39 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:36 am
pickle wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:29 am
Not thrilled with that DLo comment either.
What’s this about? I can’t even think of who DLo is. Help a brother out.
D'Angelo Russell.
I don’t get it. What’s that about? Why tonight?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

England Sun wrote:
We got you, ES. One of these days we’ll meet in the US or UK too. First round is on me.
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

Superbone wrote:
pickle wrote:
It’s from FF’s post of relevant tweets. One of it shows Booker claiming that DLo is his favorite player. It’s one thing to have him as a favorite person due to their friendship, but player? Hmm.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

pickle wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:41 am
Superbone wrote:
pickle wrote:
It’s from FF’s post of relevant tweets. One of it shows Booker claiming that DLo is his favorite player. It’s one thing to have him as a favorite person due to their friendship, but player? Hmm.
Yeah, I saw it but it didn’t make any sense to me. He actually tweeted that this morning? That’s just weird. The night he just got into the Finals? I’m so confused.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:40 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:
pickle wrote:
D'Angelo Russell.
I don’t get it. What’s that about? Why tonight?
No one can really say they know. That's why I made the comment about him being drunk.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

If I had to guess, DLo probably called Booker to congratulate him and ended up feeling really down, kind of like a failure. Book is probably just trying to cheer him up.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Did he mean player or playa? Drunk texting is never very accurate ;-)

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:41 am
England Sun wrote:
We got you, ES. One of these days we’ll meet in the US or UK too. First round is on me.
Definitely!!

We were planning another US trip this year if it weren't for COVID. I've told the family that next time it needs to be during the season and we can't spend all our time in Utah and New York State with family & friends. We need to see a Suns game in Az and spend some time with my Suns family as well!!

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Any Australia based suns fans here?

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:03 am
Any Australia based suns fans here?
That would be me. Time zone difference is a killer for work productivity!

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

What a game! And what a great feeling to wake up knowing we're headed to the FINALS!!!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Wow Shel :o :)
You've really outdone yourself with the tweets this morning. Awesome job ✌️👍

I haven't even gotten through them all but I had my days playing and was kinda close to getting a scholarship to the US. My mom was my #1 fan so yea that Mikal n Cam vid just yea.....
Wasn't expecting one of those so that's super cool and had me in my feelings. :oops: That's just great to see man
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

pickle

Post by pickle »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:57 am

I haven't even gotten through them all but I had my days playing and was kinda close to getting a scholarship to the US. My mom was my #1 fan so yea that Mikal n Cam vid just yea.....
Wasn't expecting one of those so that's super cool and had me in my feelings. :oops: That's just great to see man

Awesome to hear these personal nuggets. How big are you bajan and what position do you play?

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Have to split up my posts for sure hoping I don't ramble lol
Winning that game was obviously great and I wasn't sure what to post when I first finished the game and dozed off catching up on the thread but man oh man

This might obviously sound a little crazy but as happy/proud as I was after the win, y'all posts in this thread is what really made things hit home more. You guys are great man, with the number of idiots online it's cool to have a platform that I can visit daily knowing that it would just be some wholesome discussion and jokes to be had

"and this is not just now cause we're winning...."

Really cool community, like others said maybe one day a bunch of us will actually link up in person but yea Respect to you guys. 4 Mo to Go 💪✌️👍

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Nothing much really to add about the game itself
I tuned in mid first quarter again with audio off and saw Torrey bout to check in, then Nader by the scorer's table to end the quarter so I was confused
Got the Cam J update and was like maaaaan this is less than ideal and not cool lol

Despite that it was same ole with me
Just wanted us to play with the right energy, match their desperation
Don't let the offense bog down, stay true to our ball movement

Great to have the "offensive explosion" Monty was hoping for and truth is we were kinda due.

Our stars were big time but everyone contributed, there's just nothing better for me than a total team effort

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

da_suns_fan wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:15 pm
Where were you last time the Suns were in the Finals?

I was at boy scout camp. I was 12.

Im now 40.
I lost count of how many of us are saying the same thing. I'm another 40yr old lol so that '93 Playoffs did it for me too. My sequence of events is probably different than everybody :D

My uncle is a basketball coach (fav player Magic Johnson), his best friend had a Satellite dish so that's where I was introduced to NBA because my household didn't have cable. So my first series was '91 Lakers vs Bulls. I tagged along to watch some of Lakers vs Suns 1st round in '93 and here's 12yr old me saying to myself that the Suns team is fun, I like how they're playing.

So yea Lakers lose and I'm interested in seeing more of these dudes cause the place was rocking in Game5, the Gorilla, everything just seemed cool lol. Didn't see much of 2nd round, not even remembering who it was but I definitely caught some of the Sonics series and was all into the team by the time the Finals came around. Obviously everyone else my age group gonna be Jordan fans so I was the only one sad at skool when they lost smh lol

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

pickle wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:02 am
bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:57 am

Awesome to hear these personal nuggets. How big are you bajan and what position do you play?
Hey man,
I'm 6'7, standard slender build and I actually played guard at skool. Here's a real nugget that I've always kept quiet :lol: :oops: but my idol was Penny so my status would say I joined in 2016 but I found this site all back in like '06 when I was trying to find a way to watch the games. My broadband wasn't fast enough to stream games but y'all put me on to the Ktar radio with Al which was so cool.
But yea I lurked in the shadows back then because you guys were so mean to my guy lol :o :twisted: and I kinda get it but it was tough reading. Seemed like the threads would keep coming up over n over again 😬😥😀

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Oh my God, I’m speechless!!

The ‘93 Finals were my initiation on NBA basketball. I was 16, a high school kid watching re runs of the NBA finals (national networks put it on after the night news, on about a two hours delay. Anyway, at the time, there wasn’t any way to catch the score anywhere else.

Here in Mexico, I had the chance to be another of those Jordan’s bandwagon fans, but the intensity and fight by KJ and Barkley and Co. made me a believer. People wearing Bulls shirts and caps, it was a lonely cheering and even lonelier defeat. I found this place later during the Kidd years, and stayed just a casual lurker until the Nash signing. That very day I signed up for my account. This year felt very similar with the Paul trade, and I was not disappointed, the guy delivered and elevated every one around him. We were so dominant in the 7SSOL years and yet this is the first time I truly feel this is the year, some point between eliminating the Lebronettes and the Nuggets’ demolition. I knew we were Championship material. This series were really raw, Clippers could have send one of our guys to the hospital, and the referees would have called a common foul. But the poise and resilience that grew from it, have us ready for a true championship run.

LFG!!!