SUNS NEWS: 2021 FINALS EDITION SUNS vs BUCKS

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Drewsprocket

Re: SUNS NEWS: 2021 FINALS EDITION SUNS vs BUCKS

Post by Drewsprocket »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:12 pm
Why McCoy keeps his Suns announcing ‘spontaneous’

https://arizonarepublic-az-app.newsmemo ... 36_1345e3e

Win it for Al!
Silly question: Is there a way to watch the game on tv called by Al? I feel like I need this in my life right now. Lol. Is it possible to stream him online and sync? Thanks in advance for reading.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:01 am
Superbone wrote:

Win it for Al!
Silly question: Is there a way to watch the game on tv called by Al? I feel like I need this in my life right now. Lol. Is it possible to stream him online and sync? Thanks in advance for reading.
If you are in the Phoenix market you can do this. You could just turn on the radio and broadcast and deal with any minor delays. I am assuming the TV is on a larger delay than radio, so you might just have to pause the tv for a second or two once the game gets going to catch up. But I think there are apps to try and sync them up as well.

not promoting this, but it was one that popped up when I did a quick search: https://radiosync.dairystatedesigns.com/

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If you are watching live that would be good. I watch delayed. You would have to record both and then sync them both up later. Too big a pain in the azz. It might be worth it to watch live and listen to Al one more time call a Finals game.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:48 am
Well Well smh
Just to continue from my post above.....

The latest narrative is Devin's heavy iso play got him back to back 40pt games but still resulted in Ls which people are saying only confirms his stats don't lead to winning basketball.

Social media is an interesting place :roll: :roll:

Anyways
Here are the facts, the numbers

I agree that the ball probably should have moved more while Booker was on his scoring runs, but anyone blaming him for us losing is an idiot.

We lost because for 24 straight minutes we could barely muster a stop. Credit probably goes to Milwaukee's shot making rather than blame goes to our D.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:42 am

I agree that the ball probably should have moved more while Booker was on his scoring runs, but anyone blaming him for us losing is an idiot.

We lost because for 24 straight minutes we could barely muster a stop. Credit probably goes to Milwaukee's shot making rather than blame goes to our D.
When I am at a game I usually pay more attention to our defense and rotations. And I just kept seeing the Bucks hit shot after shot after shot. And it wasn't because they were wide open or because Booker was on Giannis. Middleton and Giannis and Jrue were just having one of those games. And they all had it together. Not conducive to a Suns win, and we still had a chance. That makes me hopeful for Game 6.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know who is going to play well or poorly until it happens. Suns will be in desperation mode for the first time. Let’s hope something kicks in.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:01 am
Superbone wrote:

Win it for Al!
Here are the instructions I posted a couple years ago, if you're using an actual radio in Arizona: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1907&p=155601#p155601

If you need to stream the radio broadcast online, you can sign up for NBA League Pass Audio for USD$9.99: https://watch.nba.com/streaming-subscriptions Then you can pause your TV and/or audio stream to sync it up. That is what I am currently doing.

If you stream the audio, it is generally slower/behind the TV, meaning you need to pause the TV. If you use an actual radio, it will be faster/ahead of the TV, so you will need to use software to delay the radio (I link to free software in my post I linked to above).
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:47 am
When I am at a game I usually pay more attention to our defense and rotations. And I just kept seeing the Bucks hit shot after shot after shot. And it wasn't because they were wide open or because Booker was on Giannis. Middleton and Giannis and Jrue were just having one of those games. And they all had it together. Not conducive to a Suns win, and we still had a chance. That makes me hopeful for Game 6.
This matches what I saw at the arena as well. The Suns would mostly play great defense, and when a Buck would go up for a shot, he'd have a defender's hand right in his face or nearly get blocked. But he'd make it anyway. They just made a stunning amount of contested shots in Game 5. I saw some stat that said that their actual FG% was like 19% higher than their expected FG% for that many contested shots, which is extremely high and unusual. That gives me hope that it'll be hard for them to replicate. And remember, it took that kind of outlier performance for them to be up 1 on us on the final play.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:52 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:47 am
This matches what I saw at the arena as well. The Suns would mostly play great defense, and when a Buck would go up for a shot, he'd have a defender's hand right in his face or nearly get blocked. But he'd make it anyway. They just made a stunning amount of contested shots in Game 5. I saw some stat that said that their actual FG% was like 19% higher than their expected FG% for that many contested shots, which is extremely high and unusual. That gives me hope that it'll be hard for them to replicate. And remember, it took that kind of outlier performance for them to be up 1 on us on the final play.
It is easy for me to see the Suns winning the last two games with a different ball bounce or a single missed shot or offensive rebound. In one way that makes me feel like we still have a good chance. But another part of me says, if we play good defense and score 112 ppg this series, why are we on the brink of going home?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

On of those “I can do the job better than our current GM” moments that many of us had. And we were all right.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Isn't it crazy how everyone wanted to put an asterisk on a Suns championship, and yet there is no talk of an asterisk for the Bucks?

That makes no sense. If we only got to the Finals due to better teams being injured, then the Bucks only won the Finals because those great west teams didn't get there (not to mention injuries to the Nets and Hawks).

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s not worth getting worked up for. People talk shit about everything. None of it matters.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:55 am
Isn't it crazy how everyone wanted to put an asterisk on a Suns championship, and yet there is no talk of an asterisk for the Bucks?

That makes no sense. If we only got to the Finals due to better teams being injured, then the Bucks only won the Finals because those great west teams didn't get there (not to mention injuries to the Nets and Hawks).
plenty of people are talking about that. They just aren't as loud as Laker fans.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:55 am

Bucks are a great team and a deserving champion. But they had luck on their way, for sure. The obvious example is the Nets missing Irving and Harden for much of their series; I think it's fair to say that Brooklyn would have won if they had their big three healthy. I'm less sympathetic to the argument that Atlanta would have beaten Milwaukee, but it's another example of some timely injury luck. Even Philly had a major injury in that Embiid had a partially torn ligament in his knee. The Bucks' injury luck was about as substantial as our own, I'd argue. Plus the East is absolutely weaker than the West these days.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

No one wins an NBA title without being a little lucky. Ignore the clowns.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I was so happy when Milwaukee knocked off Brooklyn and thought that it was the Suns' year.

But now I will always wonder: what would have happened if Durant had slid his feet a couple more inches to get behind the line?

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:38 pm
I was so happy when Milwaukee knocked off Brooklyn and thought that it was the Suns' year.

But now I will always wonder: what would have happened if Durant had slid his feet a couple more inches to get behind the line?
I thought of the remaining 4 teams in the east, the Bucks were the easiest path (but that was assuming Embiid was healthy). Atlanta made the most sense, but I was just scared of what Trae might be able to do and what the refs might allow. I thought Brooklyn was the hardest match up, by far. I am not a smart man.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The flood of Giannis content in the past 24 hours has been pretty enjoyable. It's honestly taken away some of the sting.

A couple of my favorites..

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/NBA ... unbo-4090/

https://www.theringer.com/2021/7/21/225 ... bable-rise
The following year, before tip-off at Charlotte, Giannis sat on the sideline with Oppenheimer. They watched Charlotte’s Nicolas Batum, a 6-foot-8 forward having an all-star kind of season, warm up.

“You see Batum?” Oppenheimer said to Giannis.

Giannis nodded.

“Look at him,” Oppenheimer said. “Really look at him. He’s a really good player. If you work really hard, you might be able to be a Nic Batum type of player.”

Giannis stared at his coach for a second, not frowning but looking surprised. A bit offended. “Coach,” Giannis said, “if I become Nic Batum, I’m going back to Greece.”
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

My Devin Booker The Valley jersey arrived in the mail yesterday. :lol:

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:07 pm
My Devin Booker The Valley jersey arrived in the mail yesterday. :lol:
I ordered my "Chugging with The Fellas" glass yesterday afternoon.