phx-suns.net Get together?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: phx-suns.net Get together?

Post by Indy »

pickle wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:44 am
Indy wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:08 am
pickle wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:07 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:47 pm
Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:43 pm
Superbone, Nodack, Laz and Cap
Ah, I miss you guys.
What was it like live?
insane. my ears were ringing much of the night. I am hoarse today, but I took the day off work so it doesn't matter. I was not a fan of the "Suns in 4" while the game was still in doubt in the 4th, but this fan base has been dying for a contender for over a decade, and a legit chance at a ring in literally forever. I mean we never have had the lead in a Finals series, much less a 2 game lead. Fucking unbelievable. I stayed after a bit just to stare at the arena and the court, knowing it is possible we never play there again this season...
You went to one of the Laker games too right? How’d it compare? Honestly for me nothing tops the Laker series win until we get the big one. Tho after that Clippers series they are rising rapidly on my hate list.
It was louder and more energetic than the Lakers game. Having the ESPN crew there helps, too. Their broadcast location is 3 rows behind where I sit, so the fans are interacting with them all game. Screaming at Screamin A Smith to get off his phone and watch the game. Telling J-Will to thrown up a Suns in 4 sign. Telling Maria how in love they are with her. Getting Wilbon to acknowledge them. It was a lot of fun.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:07 am
Superbone wrote:
pickle wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:43 am
Superbone wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:38 pm
Indy wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:26 pm

I hope you get out to AZ and there is no need for a game 5. Maybe we can still do a celebratory get together.
I'll tell you one thing. If we win it all and there is a parade, I will probably fly back to celebrate with my fellow Suns fans. It would be great to do a .net get together before, during, or after!
Where do you live now ‘Bone?
San Diego area. Look under my avatar.
For some reason I always forget you are in SD area. I think of you as further north like on the other side of Pendleton. My family and I usually would vacation once or twice a year in Oceanside/Carlsbad. Next time I am there I need to reach out to you.
Definitely do! My mom stays a month in Oceanside every year. It's a straight shot on the 78 for me. Only about 15-20 minutes away.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:41 pm
Indy wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:07 am
Superbone wrote:
pickle wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:43 am
Superbone wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:38 pm

I'll tell you one thing. If we win it all and there is a parade, I will probably fly back to celebrate with my fellow Suns fans. It would be great to do a .net get together before, during, or after!
Where do you live now ‘Bone?
San Diego area. Look under my avatar.
For some reason I always forget you are in SD area. I think of you as further north like on the other side of Pendleton. My family and I usually would vacation once or twice a year in Oceanside/Carlsbad. Next time I am there I need to reach out to you.
Definitely do! My mom stays a month in Oceanside every year. It's a straight shot on the 78 for me. Only about 15-20 minutes away.
I spent my childhood going to Carlsbad for two weeks every summer. I remember once seeing Al McCoy hanging out on one of the balconies of The Carlsbad Inn.

It's been about 15 years since I've been back and now I'm bummed out.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hey folks, I'd like some advice. I have never bought an NBA playoff game ticket before, but I want to fly out to Phoenix and go to Game 5. On the various ticket sites like Stubhub and SeatGeek, they have tickets in the upper bowl for $950 - 1200 ish. I assume those are season ticket resales. It also looks like the official ticket sales don't start until tomorrow (Mon) at 11am on nba.com/suns.

a) Should I wait and try to buy one of the legit tickets from nba.com? Do they sell out in like 5 seconds? Are there any tricks or tips to try to get one, other than just going to the site right at 11am and refreshing a lot?

b) Will the nba.com tickets likely be cheaper than the resale ones on Stubhub and SeatGeek? If so, any idea roughly how much? Will the nba.com tickets push down the price of the Stubhub tickets, therefore it's good to wait until tomorrow to buy even if I fail to get an nba.com ticket?

c) Anything else important I should know?

Thanks a ton to anybody who has helpful info.

P.S. If somehow Game 5 does not decide the series, I may be in town long enough to go watch Game 6 with some of you folks at a local venue in Phoenix. That'd be really fun to meet up with you guys if that works out.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Sorry, I am of no help on the tickets but, meeting up with you would be fun.