Remember Frank Johnson?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Robot

Remember Frank Johnson?

Post by Robot »

Hello Everyone. I just had to slink back into this space to say hi to all the old school PS.NET members who lived through the Frank Johnson ‘dildo’ era. We are in the Finals again. Thats it. Reporting live from the mothership.

Xoxo - Robot

Robot

Re: Remember Frank Johnson?

Post by Robot »

Also how is it possible there are no hate-able members of this team or staff? Hard to find authentic articles written by outside news sources at a moment like this.

Indy

Post by Indy »

xoxo Robot. you are missed.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

you can always make fun of Tim Kempton ... 8-) ;)
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Robot wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:12 am
Also how is it possible there are no hate-able members of this team or staff? Hard to find authentic articles written by outside news sources at a moment like this.
I think Saucy hates Nader ... But that's about it.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Robot wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:11 am
Hello Everyone. I just had to slink back into this space to say hi to all the old school PS.NET members who lived through the Frank Johnson ‘dildo’ era. We are in the Finals again. Thats it. Reporting live from the mothership.

Xoxo - Robot
Good to see you, Robot! Sorry, you had me a little confused. Dildo? Frank Johnson? Nope, doesn't ring a bell. You must be mixed up ...!!!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I wouldn’t mind reading one of your “authentic” articles, Robot. It’s been a while. But are you saying there’s nothing grabbing you to write about? Sarver is still an easy target if you’re looking for inspiration. Or how about where/what Frank Johnson is up to these days.
"Be Legendary."

JJ Slim

Post by JJ Slim »

I was just over at ASFN looking at some of my old posts and found this gem that seems relevant to this thread

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum ... day.20991/

BlaCkAdDa

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

Mori Chu wrote:
Robot wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:11 am

Xoxo - Robot
Good to see you, Robot! Sorry, you had me a little confused. Dildo? Frank Johnson? Nope, doesn't ring a bell. You must be mixed up ...!!!
Your board now so you can re-write history however you see fit Image

pickle

Post by pickle »

So I needed a little more Suns fix and saw the link that JJ posted and I've never been on that site, so I registered... then I read that Siakam thread... and now I'm back. Hopefully this doesn't sound too condescending, but I guess I've been on and off posting on this board for 15 years for a reason.

JJ Slim

Post by JJ Slim »

pickle wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:23 pm
So I needed a little more Suns fix and saw the link that JJ posted and I've never been on that site, so I registered... then I read that Siakam thread... and now I'm back. Hopefully this doesn't sound too condescending, but I guess I've been on and off posting on this board for 15 years for a reason.
My post count over there is at only a couple hundred and I joined right after it they started the site in 2002. Swingman turned me on to Sose's original PSN right after that and for a while I had one of the largest post counts here. I could never catch up to Indy's count though lol. Quite a few of the members here have accounts at both sites. And there a lot of people over there that are great guys (and girls) that I respect and have great knowledge. Nothing against that site but I always felt more comfortable here.

I have been trying to remember the name of the site a lot of us used before ASFN and PSN after we all left the cesspool of AZcentral in the late 90s (probably about the time of the Penny acquisition). I think later it changed from more of a forum site to a sports news site

Indy

Post by Indy »

JJ Slim wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:15 am
pickle wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:23 pm
My post count over there is at only a couple hundred and I joined right after it they started the site in 2002. Swingman turned me on to Sose's original PSN right after that and for a while I had one of the largest post counts here. I could never catch up to Indy's count though lol. Quite a few of the members here have accounts at both sites. And there a lot of people over there that are great guys (and girls) that I respect and have great knowledge. Nothing against that site but I always felt more comfortable here.

I have been trying to remember the name of the site a lot of us used before ASFN and PSN after we all left the cesspool of AZcentral in the late 90s (probably about the time of the Penny acquisition). I think later it changed from more of a forum site to a sports news site
LOL. I lurked on AZ central and ASFN and others for a long time. Even on phxsuns.net. But I actually registered a few months after 9/11 when my company was crashing, my fiancé and I were breaking up, and life was fucking crazy. That was my outlet and I spent all my free time there.

Fast forward two years and I met several of y'all at Oregano's in Tempe for a get together. I had just started a new entry-ish level job at a small company and I remember Sose asking "so what's your plan?" and I said I didn't plan to be there long because I just applied to law school for the next fall.

18 years later and I am still at the same company--well, after a few mergers/acquisitions--skipped law school, and have had about as many roles here and nearly as many levels in the org as possible.

Crazy.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Sounds lime you are doing fine.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Really cool story Indy 8-)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:04 pm
Robot wrote:
Lol I don’t hate him. I just don’t like when he plays when Crowder, Johnson, Bridges and Craig are all healthy. He is great for the end of the bench

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:07 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Robot wrote:
Lol I don’t hate him. I just don’t like when he plays when Crowder, Johnson, Bridges and Craig are all healthy. He is great for the end of the bench
Nader or Mike James?
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:00 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:07 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Robot wrote:
Nader or Mike James?
Never Mike James. Never never never never