GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 2 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS THURSDAY, 7/8/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 2 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS THURSDAY, 7/8/2021

Post by JeremyG »

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Re: GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 2 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS THURSDAY, 7/8/2021

Post by JeremyG »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:07 pm
pickle wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:59 pm
Heart warming.

Best quotes from that video:

"I played horrible, huh"

"Daddy played bad"

"Didn't play the way I wanted to play"

DA's gonna be just fine folks.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The self-awareness is nice to see and encouraging. Him feeling down and Monty talking up him on the sideline too - shows he cares and knows what's expected of him.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

What a rush!!!

I had to watch both games on delay because of work, but it has been awesome to see, we are, for a change, the team playing in control, the team executing, instead of playing "random" or "energy". What a difference a coach can make, mixing up motivation and instruction.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Game 2 Mini-Movie (with a special look at Al McCoy doing his thing): https://www.nba.com/watch/video/nba-fin ... re-of-home

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Again just the little things . Our bench guys just stay involved and encouraging . I was even thinking bout Frank, he got a bunch of interviews after Dario injury and I'm sure he thought he would play more.
I'm 100% sure he didn't pout y'day tho.

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:34 pm
Game 2 Mini-Movie (with a special look at Al McCoy doing his thing): https://www.nba.com/watch/video/nba-fin ... re-of-home
I want to win a championship while Al McCoy is calling a game more than for any other reason. After the last decade of basketball he had to put up with... sheesh.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:11 pm
JeremyG wrote:
I want to win a championship while Al McCoy is calling a game more than for any other reason. After the last decade of basketball he had to put up with... sheesh.
This is how I feel exactly. I wouldn’t feel such a sense of urgency if it wasn’t for Al. Heck with this team we might be in the Finals for the next 5 years. But we need to win it this year for Al!

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:48 pm
Oh, the portuguese narration is the best. Romulo Mendonça is the only one who make me watch the brazilian broadcast.
He says in the huddle "a seductive ball movement from Phoenix" and in the end "what insanityyy".
He's way too funny.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:50 pm
Indy wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
This is how I feel exactly. I wouldn’t feel such a sense of urgency if it wasn’t for Al. Heck with this team we might be in the Finals for the next 5 years. But we need to win it this year for Al!
I think lots of people feel that way when their team finally gets there, but for almost everyone it is fleeting. We need to capitalize on this chance. We still have Sarver as an owner. :)

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:30 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Indy wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
I think lots of people feel that way when their team finally gets there, but for almost everyone it is fleeting. We need to capitalize on this chance. We still have Sarver as an owner. :)
That's true. :P

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:54 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:30 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Indy wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
That's true. :P
No way I don't feel a sense of urgency after about 50 years of being a diehard Suns fan. I was starting to wonder if it would ever happen in my lifetime and if I might have to rely on the miracle of modern medicine to live to 120. And in no way will it be fleeting for me. I will celebrate our first championship for a very long time.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

You and me both brother!

Indy

Post by Indy »

The feeling of winning isn't fleeting. The time teams are actually good enough to compete for a championship year after year, are. I was saying that assuming we will be doing this every year for the next 5 years isn't likely, so we need to capitalize now.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:35 pm
The feeling of winning isn't fleeting. The time teams are actually good enough to compete for a championship year after year, are. I was saying that assuming we will be doing this every year for the next 5 years isn't likely, so we need to capitalize now.
Oh yeah, for sure. Us being there twice in 51 years makes that pretty obvious.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am grateful for this year. The wheels could fall off the train after the playoffs. Players move. Players get hurt. Coaches get lured away. Stars get offers they can’t refuse someplace else. I am going to assume this is a once in a lifetime year and not assume they will be in the Finals for the next five years. One day at a time.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Haha I didn’t mean I’m assuming we’ll be in the Finals the next 5 years. I just meant that if we don’t win it all this year I won’t feel like it can’t happen another year. But yes you’ve gotta take advantage of the opportunity when you get it!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It seems like all the planets have to align perfectly to win a Championship.