GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 2 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS THURSDAY, 7/8/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
LVSunsFAN

Re: GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 2 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS THURSDAY, 7/8/2021

Post by LVSunsFAN »

Wally_West

Re: GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 2 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS THURSDAY, 7/8/2021

Post by Wally_West »

2 more.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Great win. Can't ever be too excited for a win in The Finals. But...

This is what they should've done. Now the real challenge of getting at least one win in Milwaukee begins.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

CONGRATULATIONS PHOENIX!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Great all around game, even if it seemed a bit closer than we would've liked. But the Bucks just couldn't get over that 5-7pt hump and we kept grinding away. Big shots by Book tonight, especially those later 3s. Mikal with his best playoff game, just everywhere on both ends and scored in a bunch of different ways. I thought the Bucks defended well enough for a lot of possessions which led to some screwy possessions but our guys hit shots and theirs didn't. I was good with all the fouls on Giannis because why not. He ended up 11-18 so it didn't really kill us.

We're thinner now with the injuries and Monty only went about 6 deep. CP played extended minutes and looked gassed but I'm sure those guys pushed it on the minutes to make sure they got up 2-0 with 2 full days rest coming.

Giannis had a big game with 42 and 12 on 15-22 shooting and had his way in the paint but it just didn't matter with Middleton, Holiday and Lopez shooting so poorly. Wasted performance unfortunately and you have to wonder if he can give much more. The other guys just have to play better.

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

Mori Chu wrote:Fuck yeah!!
Exactly! Great win and a total team effort.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

DesertcoastPartDeux

Post by DesertcoastPartDeux »

How good is Monty Williams? Just as DA was starting to drift and become disengaged, he pulled him back and the big guy finished strong.

pickle

Post by pickle »

CP3 didn't play particularly well, but Booker/Bridges picked up the slack. Ayton didn't have one of those 80% fg games, bumbled a few passes and got a couple poked away by Lopez, but his defense was instrumental to keeping the line in the 4th. I remember at least 3 steals.

On to Milwaukee. Time for Kaminsky to step up, as we are going to his stomping grounds.

Hope Craig can get back and play for 8-10 min...

dragickingdom

Post by dragickingdom »

Watching NBA TV after the game because Kenny and Shaq have been on via video links after the game to give analysis (Inside the NBA on TNT is a favorite of mine) and the silly stuff is entertaining but I enjoy them.
On another note having to do with the other hosts, is it just me or does Isaiah Thomas remind you of Nelson Mandela.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

dragickingdom wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:57 pm
Watching NBA TV after the game because Kenny and Shaq have been on via video links after the game to give analysis (Inside the NBA on TNT is a favorite of mine) and the silly stuff is entertaining but I enjoy them.
On another note having to do with the other hosts, is it just me or does Isaiah Thomas remind you of Nelson Mandela.
I never could put my finger on it but Nelson Mandela is damn near perfect!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Giannis doesn't exactly sound like he's convinced he's going to win ..

Split T

Post by Split T »

This is where having two terrific initiators comes in big. Feel like we saw Jrue on CP3 a lot more tonight and that helped unleash Booker. We’re in control now. Game 3 will be a desperation game from Milwaukee…win that and it’s over. Even just 1 win in Milwaukee and I’ll feel great!

pickle

Post by pickle »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:18 pm
This is where having two terrific initiators comes in big. Feel like we saw Jrue on CP3 a lot more tonight and that helped unleash Booker. We’re in control now. Game 3 will be a desperation game from Milwaukee…win that and it’s over. Even just 1 win in Milwaukee and I’ll feel great!
If I'm a Bucks fan I'd be a little demoralized that at least 3 of Giannis, Jrue, Middleton, and the role players have to play above average to win against the Suns. You can always put in more effort on defense, but when your shots aren't falling, things are tough. Today the refs weren't horrible, but they sure fixed that free throw disparity problem from game one... hopefully the whistles won't be too whack in game 3.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

3rdside wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:07 pm
Giannis doesn't exactly sound like he's convinced he's going to win ..

He also said: "I don't know if we're going to win the next game, or the game after that..."
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Did you all see DA's smile when Shaq told him that he's proud of him, and Shaq hyping him up and trying to help his confidence after this game? I think that could really help Ayton bounce back with a big game. Shaq may have helped deliver on his promise of a ring after all, 13 years later.

Monty really helped DA turn it on in the 4th quarter though with that pep talk.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Ayton has a sub par game and gets down on himself. Monty comes along and pumps him up and Ayton finishes strong. That’s awesome! Shaq with the assist. I predict Ayton has a better game in game 3.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:40 pm
Did you all see DA's smile when Shaq told him that he's proud of him, and Shaq hyping him up and trying to help his confidence after this game? I think that could really help Ayton bounce back with a big game. Shaq may have helped deliver on his promise of a ring after all, 13 years later.

If you could link me to a clip of that sometime I would appreciate it Jeremy. Thank you!

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

CP3 said that Ayton's offensive rebound and assist to CP3 for 3 when we were up 6 in the 4th was the play of the game.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:45 pm
Ayton has a sub par game and gets down on himself. Monty comes along and pumps him up and Ayton finishes strong. That’s awesome! Shaq with the assist. I predict Ayton has a better game in game 3.
I feel like every time Ayton touched the ball on offense he had 2-3 sets of hands slapping at the ball. They were double and triple teaming him in the paint.

Edit: damn autocorrect
Last edited by SunsRIt on Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:49 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:40 pm

If you could link me to a clip of that sometime I would appreciate it Jeremy. Thank you!
Here you go: