GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 2 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS THURSDAY, 7/8/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 2 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS THURSDAY, 7/8/2021

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Lay off of Ayton. He's working is ass off. The Bucks are doing a better job of making it difficult for him.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Furlanfufi

Re: GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 2 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS THURSDAY, 7/8/2021

Post by Furlanfufi »

Mikal game.

pagielak

Post by pagielak »

Come on DA!

phatmike

Post by phatmike »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:01 pm
Lay off of Ayton. He's working is ass off. The Bucks are doing a better job of making it difficult for him.
Agree 100 percent. He is doing a lot of stuff that isn't going on the stat sheet

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

YEEEEEEEEEEE

phatmike

Post by phatmike »

Suns withstood a big punch in the first - and are slowly starting to get the game back to their style. Looking forward to third quarter adjustments by both squads.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That last Suns offensive possession gave me an erection.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:08 pm
It was like 7sol Suns

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Great response from the guys
Felt like Bucks were really giving us their best shot in the 1st and weren't able to get separation.

Book kinda struggling, DA could have been stronger with the ball couple times but has stayed battling

Don't get me started on "The Twins"
Trying to remain calm til we get the W :oops:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:09 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
It was like 7sol Suns
Nah. More like 2000's Spurs.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I missed most of the first quarter, but it feels like the Suns took the Bucks (and refs) best shot and shook it off.

I want to see another LAC 3rd quarter impression.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Obviously the Suns are shooting very well right now, but a big part of this huge turnaround is Holiday and Middleton shooting 5/23 combined. Some of that was our defense. Maybe a lot of it was. But let’s hope those two don’t suddenly catch fire in the second half. Ayton has stayed out of foul trouble and our micro lineup worked ok, other than the obvious rebounding issues.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Thankfully the most long and boring zoom meeting of my current job had the suns on in the background with me on mute, feigning interest via strategic eyebrow raises and pondering poses … I can’t wait to change careers soon.

General comments - anyone screaming in a timeout like Giannis did is probably lost, and that sequence to end the half with an ayton dunk and 3pt play is very strong .. that was nuts.

LFG suns.

pickle

Post by pickle »

The refs aren’t awful today. I’d say the last game was reasonably fair but skewed in our direction. A lot of the 50/50 or non calls went our way or didn’t get called on our end while possible fouls on their end got called, but there was nothing egregious. Today it’s tilted a bit in their direction. Other than that defensive foul call on CP3 with 15 seconds to go nothing was obviously a bad call.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

All those 3s must be pretty demoralising for the Bucks. You’d have to think they will tighten up on that I’m the second half so the key should open up for us a bit. If not, we can just keep cashing three-point jump shots. Just need to keep the defensive intensity up and keep real keyed in on that end.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Good first half. Took the 1st qtr or so to feel out their defense and soften up the midrange. Our swings came thru with the 3s tho - Crowder, Bridges and Cam Johson 8-14 from three. That kept us in it while CP and Book were being hounded. Now the Bucks have to cover them, which is opened up the midrange a bit for Book and CP. DA came on a bit later in the half and had that great follow up dunk. Hasn't found his spacing yet offensively. We're giving up rebounds when he sits and have the smaller lineup out there but just gotta maintain.

Thought we were a step slow defensively to start but got back to swarming in the 2nd qtr. I'm fine with Holiday and Middleton going 5-25.

pickle

Post by pickle »

3rdside wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:15 pm
Thankfully the most long and boring zoom meeting of my current job had the suns on in the background with me on mute, feigning interest via strategic eyebrow raises and pondering poses … I can’t wait to change careers soon.

General comments - anyone screaming in a timeout like Giannis did is probably lost, and that sequence to end the half with an ayton dunk and 3pt play is very strong .. that was nuts.

LFG suns.
You are in the UK right? Hard to watch these games live when not in a US time zone…

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I was like Come on Book !
Looked like he was running into another turnover and I knew he did something funny I just couldn't figure it out

I can laugh cause this benefited us but Yikes on the no-call

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

3rdside wrote:
I'm over here conducting online lessons AFTER the midterms have been finished. Talk about pointless.
3rdside wrote:

LFG suns.
I had the same thought. If he needs to do that in Game 2 of The Finals your team might have bigger problems.

phatmike

Post by phatmike »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Hopefully they keep this up so it might last four hours. Then it's call the doc time.