Cotton Family Express

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SunsRIt

Re: Cotton Family Express

Post by SunsRIt »

I took a 3 pointer at a Suns game at AWA. I missed though. I had a choice of layup, 3 or half court. I figured a layup wasn’t enough money and I actually had a chance at a 3. Just barely missed. It was for $7,777.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SunsRIt wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:30 pm
I took a 3 pointer at a Suns game at AWA. I missed though. I had a choice of layup, 3 or half court. I figured a layup wasn’t enough money and I actually had a chance at a 3. Just barely missed. It was for $7,777.
I was in a FT shooting contest between quarters once at an ASU basketball game. Won a Sun Devils T-shirt. :)
"Be Legendary."

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:33 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
I was in a FT shooting contest between quarters once at an ASU basketball game. Won a Sun Devils T-shirt. :)
That’s awesome. The only Sun Devils basketball game I went to was in the late 70s/early 80s. Bryon Scott, Fat Lever and Alton Lister were on the team. I think I still have the program somewhere.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SunsRIt wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:35 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:33 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
That’s awesome. The only Sun Devils basketball game I went to was in the late 70s/early 80s. Bryon Scott, Fat Lever and Alton Lister were on the team. I think I still have the program somewhere.
Heh. I went to at least one of those too. What a team!
"Be Legendary."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Halftime used to be things like women shooting free throws for Armor canned hams and some guy who juggled chainsaws.

As for Cotton, the first real memory I have of him is his 1981 Kings team beating the Suns in the playoffs without their starting guards.

That little guy could coach.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

Anybody remember that guy at half time who used to stack chairs and sit on the top? I think it was in the Kidd or Marbury era