Gameday NBA Finals Edition - Game 3 - Your Phoenix Suns @ Milwaukee Bucks, Sunday 7/11/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Bruiser

Re: Gameday NBA Finals Edition - Game 3 - Your Phoenix Suns @ Milwaukee Bucks, Sunday 7/11/2021

Post by Bruiser »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
pickle wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:21 pm
That last foul on Cam Johnson is bullshit.
At least half of those fouls Giannis is drawing have bene bullshit.
Giannis is playing bully ball and still getting calls left and right. We played like shit on offense and defense but the officiating made sure we never had a real chance. On to the next one.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

The Bobster

Re: Gameday NBA Finals Edition - Game 3 - Your Phoenix Suns @ Milwaukee Bucks, Sunday 7/11/2021

Post by The Bobster »

They may have had a chance if Booker and Bridges had shown up, but they didn't and they had to give meaningful minutes to Kaminsky and that was it.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:35 pm
Well, gotta do it in 5 now.

Bucks hit their shots, we didn't. Book had an off game, Monty pulled him early probably for rest. DA in foul trouble for the first time really and it went as you'd expect. Just didn't have the size to handle Giannis.
It seemed to be that Book was tired during the media availability sessions yesterday. Hopefully, he gets a good rest before game 4 on Wednesday.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Bruiser wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
pickle wrote:
Giannis is playing bully ball and still getting calls left and right. We played like shit on offense and defense but the officiating made sure we never had a real chance. On to the next one.

How is it that Giannis can grab a fistful of Johnson’s jersey for the entire time and it’s a foul on Johnson? And punch him in the gut to boot.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Two things happened:

The Bucks went on a run in the second quarter when Ayton and Paul were on the bench.

The officiating didn't allow the Suns to match the Bucks physicality in the second half, especially when defending Giannis.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yep, just have to flush this one and come back strong on Wednesday. Just need to take one of two to take control of the series. Wednesday works just as well.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

We absolutely cannot play Frank anymore. While the game mattered be was -13 in 5 minutes and that doesn’t fully capture everything. He came in and completely flipped momentum. Bucks continued their huge runs even after we took him out.

I checked, we brought Frank in at 6:45 left in the 2nd and Milwaukee outscored is 21-7 the rest of the way. We then brought him in with 2:47 left in the 3rd and Milwaukee went on a 13-0 run to close the 3rd. So 34-7 in the minutes Frank played and immediately after he was taken out.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Why don't they just play Jalen Smith those Kaminsky minutes? Frank is really not getting it done out there.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I was really surprised Monty went back to Frank in the second half.

Like Split and others have said, they can't play him real minutes. I'm fine if he's in there for the last minute of a quarter if they really need to do it, but the Suns are playing 4-on-5 when he's in there during the middle of a quarter.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Why did they leave CP3 out there until 5 minutes left? Don't risk injury to one of our key players.

I'm bummed out that we lost, but I expected this one. We have lost every Game 3 of these playoffs other than during the Denver sweep. We have always come back strong in game 4.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:45 pm
Bruiser wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
pickle wrote:

How is it that Giannis can grab a fistful of Johnson’s jersey for the entire time and it’s a foul on Johnson? And punch him in the gut to boot.
We can’t complain to loudly about grabbing the jersey. I think my favorite part of the Valley Oop was Ayton grabbing Zubac’s jersey and running him into Booker to free up for a split second.

I pretty much expected this to be a loss too.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

This loss is on the Booker and the ghost. Did Bridges even play? It is hard for me to believe that he was only a -1 which tied tied for the best on the team.

We cannot win if Bridges only score 4 points and has 4 turnovers. IMO he is as big of a key as anyone. His scoring inconsistency drives my crazy.

If both Booker and Bridges just have average games we are in this game. Of course it would help if Ayton was not in foul trouble.

I say we have Crowder dribble full speed and Run Gianis the fuck over like he does all night to our team. Maybe Ayton needs to do that while elbowing him in the face. I really cannot stand that guy.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Tough loss but I’m not worried. It’s the Scott Foster game.

Holiday won’t be lights out again

Booker won’t be trash again

Giannis won’t shoot a high FT percentage again.

Suns won’t shoot that poorly in the first half again.

Bobby Portis will still yell and flex after an offensive outback was missed but a foul was called 😂
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

When Bridges and Booker are both bad, we have no chance.

Scott Foster did not help either. We need someone anyone to pose as a running back, like Paul described Gianis, and run him the fuck over about 3 times in the first quarter. We will see how big of a stud he really is. It is like they say. It ain't much fun when they shoot back.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

We better hurry up and win it in 5 before Foster comes back again.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Bucks needed that game and got it. We have a series. You didn’t want it to be easy did you?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:58 pm
Bucks needed that game and got it. We have a series. You didn’t want it to be easy did you?
I’d have been fine with easy

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Nobody ever told us that everything we want is on the other side of easy.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LMAO

pickle

Post by pickle »

That can’t be true because they combined for 42 the game before … even if Thanasis didn’t get on the court.