GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 5 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS SATURDAY, 7/17/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
LVSunsFAN

GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 5 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS SATURDAY, 7/17/2021

Post by LVSunsFAN »

Time: 6:00 pm AZ (6:00 pm PT/9:00 pm ET)
Place: Footprint Center (Formerly know as Phoenix Suns Arena), Phoenix, AZ
TV: ABC

A big focus will be keeping turnovers and foul trouble low for us, while crashing the boards.
Something tells me CP3 and Ayton will have huge games.

Let's help this guy by cruising to a nice, stress free win!

Go Suns!!!

Dis • cuss
Last edited by LVSunsFAN on Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Democritus

Re: GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 5 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS SATURDAY, 7/17/2021

Post by Democritus »

Do it for Bone!!! I predict a zero turnover game for CP3 which means Suns win without much trouble.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Mori Chu

Re: GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 5 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS SATURDAY, 7/17/2021

Post by Mori Chu »

Polly needs a win to smile about. Let's go get her one!

By the way, I'm happy to say that I will be attending this game in person. I decided to splurge and buy a few tickets. I'll be there making as much noise as I can to help cheer on our Valley Boyz. GO SUNS!!

Indy

Post by Indy »

Democritus wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:23 am
Do it for Bone!!! I predict a zero turnover game for CP3 which means Suns win without much trouble.
It has been nearly 90 playoff games since the last time Chris had back-to-back games with 5 TOs or more. Let's keep that streak alive.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

It turns out the game will not be played at Phoenix Suns Arena after all. :P

https://arizonasports.com/story/2728423 ... nt-center/
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Monty said everyone on the team is expecting Chris Paul to have another horrible game. :P

"There's not a person in our locker room that's not expecting him to not come out and play really well the next game."

LVSunsFAN

Post by LVSunsFAN »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:35 am
It turns out the game will not be played at Phoenix Suns Arena after all. :P

https://arizonasports.com/story/2728423 ... nt-center/
Fixed it in the 1st post

Cap

Post by Cap »

LVSunsFAN wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:03 am
Place: Footprint Center (Formally know as Phoenix Suns Arena), Phoenix, AZ
Formerly known as Phoenix Suns Arena, formerly known as Talking Stick Resort Arena, formerly known as US Airways Center, formerly known as America West Arena.

This is getting silly. We need to pick a name and stick with it.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That's not how branding sponsorships work.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ha ha! Thanks for the shout out guys! Can somebody please get word to the Suns that one of their diehard fans had a heart attack in the 4th quarter of Game 4 and that I'm going to need a nice easy win in Game 5 like LVSF said?!

Plus, I just learned about the arena name change via the subject post. I had seen that name in my emails from Phoenix Suns and Downtown Live but I hadn't opened them yet. Just seems like a weird arena name. I'll adjust, I guess. Better than Talking Stick Resort anyway.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:46 pm
Monty said everyone on the team is expecting Chris Paul to have another horrible game. :P

"There's not a person in our locker room that's not expecting him to not come out and play really well the next game."

Monty goes for the rare triple negative! ...but comes up short. not + not = positive + not = negative.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The funny thing is that I started writing the Game 5 thread just after Game 4 finished to move on quickly like after Game 5 in the last series but had to stop due to my increasing heart tightening to start the 911 process. I just deleted it.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:57 pm
Plus, I just learned about the arena name change via the subject post. I had seen that name in my emails from Phoenix Suns and Downtown Live but I hadn't opened them yet. Just seems like a weird arena name. I'll adjust, I guess. Better than Talking Stick Resort anyway.
One more thing about this. Smart of Footprint to make the change just before the last Finals game in Phoenix rather than having to wait until next season. (In case you were wondering...Suns win 5 & 6.)
"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:19 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:57 pm
One more thing about this. Smart of Footprint to make the change just before the last Finals game in Phoenix rather than having to wait until next season. (In case you were wondering...Suns win 5 & 6.)
Hope it helps with your recovery!

LVSunsFAN

Post by LVSunsFAN »

Our ref assignment for tonight is in:

Crew Chief
Marc Davis (#8)

Referee
Josh Tiven (#58)

Umpire
Sean Wright (#4)

Alternate
James Williams (#60)

Indy, what does your spreadsheet say about these guys?

pagielak

Post by pagielak »

Let's go Suns! We have to take this game, start well early and don't let go. We have to take it to them. I'm hoping for a big CP3 game with 0 turnovers, 15 and from DA and 30 from Book. Jae and Mikal hitting 3 would be helpful as well😉

These are the finals, we are here for a reason, we have to take this opportunity!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

pagielak wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:32 pm
Let's go Suns! We have to take this game, start well early and don't let go. We have to take it to them. I'm hoping for a big CP3 game with 0 turnovers, 15 and from DA and 30 from Book. Jae and Mikal hitting 3 would be helpful as well😉

These are the finals, we are here for a reason, we have to take this opportunity!
This is the game that CP passes Steve Nash and Larry Bird for 7th all-time playoff assists, right?
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

pagielak

Post by pagielak »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:40 pm
pagielak wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:32 pm

This is the game that CP passes Steve Nash and Larry Bird for 7th all-time playoff assists, right?
A win would be enough for me😉

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Cap wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:13 pm
LVSunsFAN wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:03 am
Place: Footprint Center (Formally know as Phoenix Suns Arena), Phoenix, AZ
Formerly known as Phoenix Suns Arena, formerly known as Talking Stick Resort Arena, formerly known as US Airways Center, formerly known as America West Arena.

This is getting silly. We need to pick a name and stick with it.
You left out PHX Arena (for about a month during the offseason). :P