Game Day: NBA Finals Edition — Game 6 — Phoenix Suns @ Milwaukee Bucks, Tuesday 7/20/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Oatmeal

Re: Game Day: NBA Finals Edition — Game 6 — Phoenix Suns @ Milwaukee Bucks, Tuesday 7/20/2021

Post by Oatmeal »

Figured I'd throw mine in there too!

Aztec Sunsfan

Re: Game Day: NBA Finals Edition — Game 6 — Phoenix Suns @ Milwaukee Bucks, Tuesday 7/20/2021

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

If the team go back to their “Why not us” mindset, they will have a good shot to make it 3-3 and comeback home for Game 7. Letting in all that “Suns in fo” nonsense with the “no celebrations in the Airport please” statements before a single ball was bounced in Milwaukee, bring us nothing but bad karma, people wanting us to lose and a false sense of entitlement that awakened the Bucks in a similar way we did after that Lakers game, you all know wich one. We did not showboat them on the court, but off court we did our best (fans, team and media) to bring back a Giannis from what was a conceding speech after Game 2 with a “I don’t know if we will win game 3, but we must be grateful to made it this far”, to MPV Giannis and his merry guys.

I truly hope fatigue hit them hard tomorrow, Giannis had already slowed down on game 4 and 5 (media wants to sold it as “trusting his teammates”) and Middleton as well was on fumes by the end of last game, it was that miraculous Holiday steal that do us wrong. Of course hero ball lead to it, but it could have a foul as well if not by a timing as perfect as Giannis block on game 4.

It’s time to make our own Plays, like the Valley Oop. It’s time to play like Champions. LFG!!!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:58 pm
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Strap in

Indy

Post by Indy »

We haven't lost a game in the playoffs that Tony Brothers has officiated.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:12 am
Strap in

I guess I just don’t understand this. Everybody knows the history of Chris Paul and Scott Foster. Why even put Foster in this game a raise the question of impropriety?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Because the nba says there is no impropriety. What better way to prove it than on the biggest stage?

Indy

Post by Indy »

I have no idea the last time I was this anxious about a sports event. Probably never. Today is going to be a long day.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Had some awful nightmares last night about this game. Super vivid. Basically both teams shot so poorly that the score was in the 30s going into the 4th. I don’t recall ever having nightmares about a game before.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t really buy into the ref conspiracy stuff, but if I did, I think Scott Foster reffing would be a good thing for us. Yes CP3 hates him, but literally everyone hates him. If anyone is the leagues agent, it’s him. And if they sent him to this game, it’s to push this to 7.

Interesting fact: Tim Donaghy called Scott Foster 134 times during his gambling days(10 times more than any other ref)…often right before or after games and often right before he called his bookie. Does seem a little suspect.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:41 am
I have no idea the last time I was this anxious about a sports event. Probably never. Today is going to be a long day.
I’m actually less anxious today than game 5…I think I kinda set game 5 up as a do-or-die game as I figured whoever won that one would win the series. So my hopes are pretty low for a suns win and I’m kinda keeping in that way at the moment…easier on the soul…of course that’ll all change once the game starts and I’ll be all-in again.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:07 am
I don’t really buy into the ref conspiracy stuff, but if I did, I think Scott Foster reffing would be a good thing for us. Yes CP3 hates him, but literally everyone hates him. If anyone is the leagues agent, it’s him. And if they sent him to this game, it’s to push this to 7.

Interesting fact: Tim Donaghy called Scott Foster 134 times during his gambling days(10 times more than any other ref)…often right before or after games and often right before he called his bookie. Does seem a little suspect.
I didn't know that. I would be surprised if he is betting on games or giving tips to others. But I am confident he has agendas against/for different players or teams or the league as a whole. And I bet he shares his views with his peers regularly. And they can use it as they see fit.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:36 am
Split T wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:07 am

I didn't know that. I would be surprised if he is betting on games or giving tips to others. But I am confident he has agendas against/for different players or teams or the league as a whole. And I bet he shares his views with his peers regularly. And they can use it as they see fit.
Ya my guess is Donaghy was just calling refs to get any info he could…perhaps Scott Foster was a little more vocal about his methods than other refs and Donaghy took advantage.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I am going with the adage that a series doesn't start until the road team wins a game. So game 5 was the start, and I expect to keep it going tonight.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Jake keeps telling us that things are going to go surprisingly great. Winning this series can’t be “surprisingly” great unless we were the underdog at some point, right? We came into the series as the favorites and remained that way until Game 5. Now that we’ve fallen behind, we’re finally in position for that surprising triumph Jake has promised us.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

After the Lakers game, CP3 said: "If I was a betting man, 11 games in a row." Throwing in the words "betting man" may not have been coincidental. Perhaps he was trying to tell us something about Scott Foster.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

The veteran players know which refs have an agenda. We can all pretend that everything is fair and called down the middle but most of us have watched close enough to know that ain’t the case. What I can hope for is we can get a big lead and hope Scott and crew can’t whittle it down by the time the horn sounds. Suns absolutely can’t be playing catch up at any point.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:41 am
I don't really feel anxious about this game right now. I think I was 10x more anxious before Game 5 because that felt like the pivotal game to me. I was crushed after the Game 5 loss. I haven't given up yet, but I feel like we have about a 10-20% chance of winning the series at this point, so I won't be devastated if we lose tonight. I am already making peace with whatever will come. If we somehow can get a win tonight, then I will be extremely pumped and will be 100x as anxious before Game 7.

I'm not at all saying that I am just assuming we'll lose tonight. I really do think there are valid reasons to be hopeful that Game 5 was an aberration and that Milwaukee can't match that level of extreme performance again. But I don't want to set myself up to be heartbroken. I am going to think of any Game 6 victory as a bonus, an overachievement by our Suns.

Indy

Post by Indy »

you can't give up now!