The 2021 Suns Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: The 2021 Suns Offseason

Post by bajanguy008 »

Seems like just about everyone getting signed but still more names here than I figured (that I would be cool with)

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:46 am
It's weird how quickly he fell off. Part of me thinks he just played way over his head for us, part of me thinks it was the system/style. But he's also 34 now. Too bad we don't really have a spot for him here. We need a more versatile 4/5.
He was also breaking down pretty badly by the end of his year with us. I agree with everyone saying we need someone who can play next to Ayton, not strictly behind him.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Markkanen?

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

SunsRIt wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:06 pm
Markkanen?
He would be really good in our system. Plus, he has some familiarity playing with Ayton I think at the UofA?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I want no part of Payton. I'd take Neto, otherwise just re-sign Moore.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Neto please…Exum is still kind of interesting too

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Five million dollars worth of pure entertainment.

Last edited by Wormwood on Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Wormwood wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:20 pm
Five million dollars worth of pure entertainment.

Not so much with the winning, though.

Only 3 Championships. Bum.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

How many rings did Luc Longley win?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Also 3.

I don’t love the signing as a portion of the MLE and Javale’s not going to single-handedly win any titles, but knocking his winning is a little much. If nothing else, he’s shown he can be a role player on championship teams.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I’d love to take a flier on Exum - he’d give some good athleticism at the guard spot but isn’t a knock down three point shooter.

Exum had this nice dunk at the Olympics the other day playing for Australia:

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Exum has been decent for Australia in the Olympics. He even hit a corner 3 that didn't look terrible.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I should say he’s had some injuries, so wouldn’t sign him until he’s safely through the Olympics

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Hartenstein Should be gettable as a 3rd string C. He would be an improvement over frank and I think would look good in our system. Has bulked up a bit after being a string bean. Seems like a better finisher these days. Still some possible upside.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Exum always reminded me of Nikita from the knicks. Slightly Better offense. But never really made a leap. At times at the Olympics it looks like he could dominant due to his size and speed but then his offensive game isn’t that well rounded. Probably should be a better play maker by now but the injuries haven’t helped. If you want him to be carter defensive replacement I think that’s fine but he needs to improve his shot to fit with us.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

If the third string Center position really matters then this roster has a Jalen Smith problem.

I've warmed to the idea of Millsap just because it would make me fell slightly better in the way that the Suns used to be who the Pels are now. I was hopeful for Danny Green or Rudy Gay, but those were pipedreams.

Then there's Igoudala who'll remind us that, while we're not the Pels, we're also not the Warriors or Lakers (in California).

Here's the thing, after old champions like Igoudala, there's not really anyone who can make a difference in the program. So the smarter thing to do would be to maintain flexibility throughout the season.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I was cool with Hartenstein before McGee…not sure there is a need for both, but can’t hurt at this point. He’d be better than Damian Jones last year as our 3rd C. Still think we need another big that can play alongside Ayton. Neither McGee or Hartenstein can do that. Millsap seems like the best option left and he’s at the top of my list.

If exum isn’t hurt, I’d grab him or Chiozza. Then go grab one of the wings…there’s quite a bit of cheap, low risk, higher upside wings still out there(Winslow, Johnson, Bonga) and I’d gladly take Iggy if he wants to come.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

If the third string Center position really matters then this roster has a Jalen Smith problem.
He is an x-factor of sorts and we need to know what we have in him. He would solve a lot of problems for us if he can show he's ready for some minutes.

I like Hartenstein's skillset, just not sure why he hasn't stuck anywhere yet.

We've put an emphasis on shooting throughout the roster so I'm not sure we look at guys like Exum or Chiozza.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The more I look at Landry Shamet, the more doubtful I become. His shooting was pretty poor last year, just .408 FG%. And that's pretty representative of his whole career. By contrast, Jevon Carter actually shoots a better overall percentage and is probably a much better defender. And Carter worked his ass off, was liked by the rest of the team, and was a good sport about not getting consistent minutes. Maybe we should have just kept and played Carter instead?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... ela01.html
https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... eje01.html