The 2021 Suns Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Aztec Sunsfan

Re: The 2021 Suns Offseason

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

So, the League moves at light speed as well?
In such case, they were not as far ahead… :D
Last edited by Aztec Sunsfan on Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Haha. I was referring to what the owner said.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Split T wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:37 am
Love it.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I can’t tell if I like them or not. The triangle placement is throwing me off.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Love the idea and the purple, but do not like another black jersey.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:03 am
Haha. I was referring to what the owner said.
I know, remember it well, because although I'm not a superstitious guy, after those words, I couldn't avoid thinking about the Basketball Gods and how much the Warriors' luck lasted after.

For starters, they rolled to 73 wins, but lost in the finals blowing a 3-1 lead. Of course, that same summer they signed Kevin Durant and won the next two championships, but after that, a bevy of bad luck took hold. In total, they made five consecutive Finals runs that ended in the 2019 Finals, when Kevin Durant famously returned after missing several games due to injury, looking for their third consecutive title and their fourth in five years. However, that same game, he suffered an Achilles injury. Three nights later, Klay Thompson tore his ACL, then Durant left and just three years later after the Quote, it was basically over. I know is a lot of time on terms of NBA windows, but considering the Quote, is not much more that your average window.

Lacob believed they were just smarter than the rest of the league and they would continue to accumulate titles by virtue of their inherent worthiness. Looking back, they just were lucky, specially with that salary cap spike in the precise moment they were on top of the hill. If it had happened this year, Durant would have considered at least five teams ahead of Golden State. Imagine that cap spike during the SSOL years...

Even as Sarver is the best being the worst, Lacob is another example of self-satisfaction on the team’s leadership accelerating a successful team's demise. They are currently surviving off Curry's brilliance, just like we lasted relevant until 2010 because of Nash.
Last edited by Aztec Sunsfan on Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:50 am
I can’t tell if I like them or not. The triangle placement is throwing me off.
Yeah, not sure where it came from... an abstract reference to Pyramids perhaps?

Mexico's national soccer team wear that concept over 20 years ago, on the '98 France's World Cup. Looks a lot better in black.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

It’s got the Illuminati vibes.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Hard to see the Aztec pyramid definition. Like the concept. They made it subtle.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Only need one black jersey. And enough with the boring ass P H X. Can we just get a damn 90s sunburst jersey again?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Interesting concept, pretty terrible execution. Overlaying different 'Aztec' patterns in black and the grey PHX lettering is quite bad.

Maybe they'll look better in person as it's hard to see the true depth of color shading with just illustrations.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I like them…I do agree we don’t need a bunch of black jerseys, but I imagine this is just a 1-off jersey for this year only.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

We talking about jerseys. Not a game. Not a game. We talking about jerseys.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:03 pm
Only need one black jersey. And enough with the boring ass P H X. Can we just get a damn 90s sunburst jersey again?
Agree with you on that part. I'm a sucker for the old west lettering, though.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

I love the jersey. It's like a mix of a Suns jersey with a band t shirt. TAKE MY MONEYYYYY

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

So no GLeague team and just waived our only 2-way player...Suns Twitter doesn't seem happy. I liked Ty-Shon and thought he could've been a solid player for us. Looked good in the offense in SL and was a good defender.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

If this isn’t so we can make another roster move, I don’t get it.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Sarver is so fucking cheap/poor relative to other owners. If we ever win it will be in spite of him.

We're repeating all of the mistakes of 7SOL - cutting costs on the margins and skipping the draft.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Explain this to me. They cut a 2-way guy that was cheap and the last player on the roster, which is someone that they will almost have to replace with someone more expensive, but this means Sarver is cheap? The guy couldn't even start for the crappy summer league team, but we're upset by this?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass