The 2021 Suns Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: The 2021 Suns Offseason

Post by Shabazz »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:14 pm
I find Bill Simmons increasingly annoying as days go by, but I'll always agree with him on this; there's no reason to lock yourself into your roster in July/August.
Agreed. I'm withholding judgement.

We were a great team last year and a worthy finalist, but we needed more than Carter-Shamet and Craig-McGee swaps.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

THT would be fantastic off the bench. No way he’s let go by LAL. I still think Dieng would be solid as a back up 4-5. He knocks down 3s and isn’t Shaqtin’ around.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

THT would absolutely be great for the Suns bench, but the more I think about it, James Jones might be trying to Jedi mind trick the Lakers.

THT has value, but he hasn't really had a role on the Lakers since LeBron arrived. So getting them to overpay to keep him hurts their ability to sign other guys who fill their other roster holes.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Rudy Gay would fit a role and Stanley Johnson would be a good Craig replacement.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think I’m at Rudy Gay or Paul Millsap. Give me one of them and I’ll be happy. Who else is even out there still in our range?

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Looking at the per-36 numbers for McGee, they are pretty much unchanged from his peak. Less scoring but better rebounding. He's going to be a great backup.

Bring in a beefy 4 with a 3 and I'd be ready to call the Suns done. Or sign Oubre and use a SF as a trade chip for someone good.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Do the Bulls need to rescind their QO for Lauri to make their other moves? Man, that would be something.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I prefer a guy who can put the ball on the floor, so someone like Millsap doesn't interest me.

On the other hand, this roster needs some rebounding and he'd definitely help with that.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

virtual9mm wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:28 pm
Looking at the per-36 numbers for McGee, they are pretty much unchanged from his peak. Less scoring but better rebounding. He's going to be a great backup.

Bring in a beefy 4 with a 3 and I'd be ready to call the Suns done. Or sign Oubre and use a SF as a trade chip for someone good.
Eh, I'm not so optimistic. He's better than Frank, but I don't like the idea of needing him to contribute night in and out.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:31 pm
I prefer a guy who can put the ball on the floor, so someone like Millsap doesn't interest me.

On the other hand, this roster needs some rebounding and he'd definitely help with that.
Millsap at the vet min would be fine, I think.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:32 pm
virtual9mm wrote:

Eh, I'm not so optimistic. He's better than Frank, but I don't like the idea of needing him to contribute night in and out.
15 mph of good, physical play in the post during the playoffs is all I would ask. And per minute, he seems to be the same player he has always been.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I feel bad bout Galloway. I think he thought he was going to get a lot more playing time. He was in the lineup a lot at the beginning of the season and had some nice shooting games. I think his size and defensive abilities were what knocked him out of the lineup. On the rare times after that he got garbage time he was just so so. I think his heart wasn’t in it after that.

That has to be a little hard. Not getting any playing time most of the year on a team that goes to the Championship.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Galloway is a great locker room guy, but he's just not good enough to be a rotation player on a contender.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:29 pm
Do the Bulls need to rescind their QO for Lauri to make their other moves? Man, that would be something.
I believe I saw how they’re operating as an over the cap team, so no they don’t have to. Ball was acquired in a S&T and Caruso with the MLE

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:31 pm

He can dribble a bit..moves the ball well. I think he’s a pretty similar player to Saric honestly.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:26 pm
I think I’m at Rudy Gay or Paul Millsap. Give me one of them and I’ll be happy. Who else is even out there still in our range?
There’s always Markieff Morris. :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

virtual9mm wrote:

Are you trying to get BG's blood boiling?!
"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:55 am
virtual9mm wrote:

Are you trying to get BG's blood boiling?!
Not intentionally!

But...if you could get Oubre for cheap for a couple of years...and put together a package for a disgruntled Zion...or more realistically, Siakam.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

What about somebody like Khem Birch?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Split T

Post by Split T »

The Bobster wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:52 am
What about somebody like Khem Birch?
Can he play alongside Ayton? At this point I think we need a 4 that can play the 5, Birch is decent but I think he’s pretty strictly a 5.

With Gay gone, our options are drying up…Millsap still there…Melo still there scares me. He needs to sign with the Lakers already.