The 2021 Suns Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: The 2021 Suns Offseason

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:09 pm
Yeah, that kind of stuff pointless and the kind of tweet that doesn't need to be posted here. (Not going at you, Saucy. Just an example.)
True.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:09 pm
Yeah, that kind of stuff pointless and the kind of tweet that doesn't need to be posted here. (Not going at you, Saucy. Just an example.)
Saucy just can’t resist a FLEX tweet.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Flex has already jumped the shark. He tweets out his vague predictions and gets 100-200 likes per tweet. He's small potatoes and he often doesn't know what he's talking about.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Flex may jump the shark but he also may not. There are a lot of possible outcomes and every one of them is being explored. Be prepared for a possible shock and if it doesn’t come it was all part of the plan. This shit is Chess, not Checkers. Trust.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

NBA announced Warriors vs Suns Christmas day game. 🙂
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:55 pm
Flex may jump the shark but he also may not. There are a lot of possible outcomes and every one of them is being explored. Be prepared for a possible shock and if it doesn’t come it was all part of the plan. This shit is Chess, not Checkers. Trust.
Well done.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Jae Crowder is trending on Twitter and it's not for something positive. People are upset with him for his last line.

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:48 am
Jae Crowder is trending on Twitter and it's not for something positive. People are upset with him for his last line.
I get it. "your" instead of "you're"?! Tsk tsk.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Am I missing something? Seems perfectly fine…other than the grammatical error.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:45 pm
Am I missing something? Seems perfectly fine…other than the grammatical error.
It's Twitter. People will go crazy over anything. They're saying that he's "apologizing" for being black.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Why was the girl even posting the DM? Did she have a problem with it? Or just bragging about getting a basketball player to notice her? Seemed like a pretty harmless dm that she could have easily said “no thanks I’m not interested” to. I don’t know seems just like a non-story. These kind of DM’s probably get sent regularly by professional athletes

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Beware the Ides of the Offseason.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Trade for Nance already so we have something interesting to discuss until the season starts...🤣

Indy

Post by Indy »

guys if we know anything about bossman, it is that he can't communicate in writing UNLESS IT IS IN ALL CAPS! Mikal even made fun of him for that recently. I wonder if that is even him.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Suns listed as 4th in the ESPN power rankings for next season. A far cry from the last 10 years.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I love how a lot of sites are listing the Lakers and Warriors ahead of us for next year, despite the fact that we just beat the Lakers and the Warriors didn't even make the playoffs. Folks really want to believe in these superteams and past champions regaining their old glory.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:00 am
I love how a lot of sites are listing the Lakers and Warriors ahead of us for next year, despite the fact that we just beat the Lakers and the Warriors didn't even make the playoffs. Folks really want to believe in these superteams and past champions regaining their old glory.
The Lakers I can kind of understand since they added a bunch of players including Westbrook. However, the Warriors over us makes no sense to me.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:24 am
Mori Chu wrote:
The Lakers I can kind of understand since they added a bunch of players including Westbrook. However, the Warriors over us makes no sense to me.
There are obviously a lot of questions, but the Warriors with a healthy Curry, Klay, and Draymond are multi-champions and have to be considered by big media outlets as a top 3 team.

AND WE HATE TO TALK ABOUT THIS BUT: We did benefit from an injured AD and Murray and Kawhi. Each of those guys are their 1A or 1B player on their teams. Yeah, Book broke his nose and Paul got hurt for several games, but those injuries we faced were huge.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Indy wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:37 am
Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
There are obviously a lot of questions, but the Warriors with a healthy Curry, Klay, and Draymond are multi-champions and have to be considered by big media outlets as a top 3 team.

AND WE HATE TO TALK ABOUT THIS BUT: We did benefit from an injured AD and Murray and Kawhi. Each of those guys are their 1A or 1B player on their teams. Yeah, Book broke his nose and Paul got hurt for several games, but those injuries we faced were huge.
And the Bucks benefited from the injuries to Paul, Booker, and Saric.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:37 am
Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

Those were a huge benefit, but if everyone is healthy, I am of the opinion that the Suns would have still won those series and were the better team.

As far as the Warriors, Klay was slowing down a bit even prior to the injury. Draymond is not the same player he was either. Both can be very effective and of course Curry doesn't seem to be slowing down one bit. I just think that the league has caught up to them and the page has turned, after being light years ahead of everyone.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass