Around the League: Off-season

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Around the League: Off-season

Post by Split T »

Dragic only becomes an option if Payne doesn’t return. Also I think if Payne gets an offer we can’t match and he leaves, I’d target Devonte Graham. Hornets are stacked at guard and I don’t think they’ll bring him back.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Split T

Post by Split T »

Hmm..didn’t realize Milwaukee can only pay him $5.9 million…I’d give him a look.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Not a big Bobby Portis fan. He isn't a great shooter and he seems out of control to me. He helped MIL in their title run, but I think he's pretty limited as a player, and I wouldn't want to spend any significant money to get him when we have other more pressing needs like backup C and PG.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:49 am
Not a big Bobby Portis fan. He isn't a great shooter and he seems out of control to me. He helped MIL in their title run, but I think he's pretty limited as a player, and I wouldn't want to spend any significant money to get him when we have other more pressing needs like backup C and PG.
I don't see PG as a pressing need unless we don't resign Paul and Haboob.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Wait, what?! You mean Boston didn't want to keep him and we could have had him?!
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
He shot 47% from 3 this year and is a career 38% shooter. He’s not a great defender, but I thought he held up ok against us in the finals. He’s big, he rebounds, he plays hard…he’s got maybe a little bit of some maturity issues, but doesn’t seem to be anything major. He did punch his teammate a few years back. He could play backup 5 and shoots well enough that you could play him next to Ayton if need be.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:45 am
Mori Chu wrote:
He shot 47% from 3 this year and is a career 38% shooter. He’s not a great defender, but I thought he held up ok against us in the finals. He’s big, he rebounds, he plays hard…he’s got maybe a little bit of some maturity issues, but doesn’t seem to be anything major. He did punch his teammate a few years back. He could play backup 5 and shoots well enough that you could play him next to Ayton if need be.
This. You can split the MLE, and we don't need the MLE for Paul or Payne. So maybe Portis will take 7 and we can use the other 2.5 on a 3rd string center.

Split T

Post by Split T »

What does Markkanen get? Any chance we could get him for the MLE?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:49 pm

That would be amazing, but I think the Bulls would match that in a heartbeat.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:05 pm
Split T wrote:

Can’t match if they renounce him to sign Lonzo

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:20 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:05 pm
Split T wrote:

Can’t match if they renounce him to sign Lonzo
If we can get him, Theis, resign Payne and add Neto, that would be a hell of an offseason.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think Markkanen will be sought after by teams who miss out on their primary targets.

Feels like it's bound to be a head scratcher for a team that's trying to save face, a la the Pistons and their 43 Power Forwards they signed last summer.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

More notes from around the league:
  • The numbers floating around for Duncan Robinson's next contract are an average annual value between $16 million and $18 million.
    Lauri Markkanen is said to be on the Spurs' radar while also generating interest from the Pistons and Timberwolves. Kelly Olynyk has become frequently linked to Detroit as well.

Teams in the market for Doug McDermott now expect the sharpshooter to command more than the $9.5 million mid-level.

There remains an expectation that despite Toronto's interest, Jarrett Allen will re-sign with Cleveland. The center has been working with Cavaliers officials at the team facility for much of the offseason. At this point, a Collin Sexton trade also appears unlikely.

As the Brooklyn Nets continue dialogue on moving DeAndre Jordan's salary, Oklahoma City has emerged as a potential trade candidate.

Andre Iguodala appears to be one of the veterans that Golden State CEO Joe Lacob hinted at possibly joining the Warriors. League sources also told B/R that forward Paul Millsap would be amenable to joining Golden State or returning to Atlanta at the taxpayer mid-level ($5.9 million).

The Lakers, and Iguodala's former agent Rob Pelinka, are said to be interested in the veteran wing as well
    . The Lakers have also been linked to Patty Mills, although his market would appear to be more robust than the veteran-minimum spots they have to offer.

Veteran guard Danny Green is known to have interest in playing for the Heat.

Minnesota remains open to moving Taurean Prince after acquiring the forward from Cleveland as the Timberwolves continue to look for reinforcements in their frontcourt.

Cory Joseph is expected to re-sign with the Pistons even though they waived him Saturday.

Gorgui Dieng has generated interest from the Suns and Spurs at around the biannual exception amount of $3.7 million.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:34 pm
Have I ever said I hate the Lakers? I fricken' HATE THEM!
Agree 1,000,000%!!!

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

We need to get Chris Paul resigned to attract some of these veterans. Without him I don’t think any of them consider coming here. And please please please no Carmelo Anthony. He is one of my 5 most dislikes players of all time.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think there's going to be a cooler market for Oubre. His stock has taken a dive it seems. He wanted $20+ a few summers ago, he might be an MLE guy now.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Setting the market for Deandre Ayton's extension.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Knicks and Spurs have lots of money. Do the Spurs need another wing? I could see the Knicks giving him a contract.