Around the League: Off-season

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Around the League: Off-season

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:16 pm
Well, all the good bigs are gone...
And you all told me not to worry about getting a backup big...
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

WTF!? I’m constantly amazed we got Payne at the price we did.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

So far, so good. I don't want any of these guys at the amount they're being given.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:31 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:16 pm
Well, all the good bigs are gone...
It’s gonna be Zeller
Nope

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:34 pm
So far, so good. I don't want any of these guys at the amount they're being given.
The Theis contract is pretty good.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:46 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:34 pm
The Theis contract is pretty good.
I guess we have differing opinions on Theis. He's a role playing Center who doesn't shoot. He probably needs to be the worst starter on the team if his team is trying to contend. The deal he signed is too high for a 20MPG bench player, which would be his role on the Suns.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Interesting with Tucker. Good deal for him at 36 years old

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Heat get so much credit for overpaying old guys. Tucker is Andre Igoudala part deux.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Well I would’ve been fine at the vet min for Zeller

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:28 pm
The Heat get so much credit for overpaying old guys. Tucker is Andre Igoudala part deux.
Agreed, Tucker really wasn’t that good last year. He was a zero on offense and I felt like he didn’t do much to slow Booker either.

Oatmeal

Post by Oatmeal »

Tuckers hustle and rebounding gave the Bucks so much momentum in the Finals. He was quite useful against us.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Jeff Green deal
Zeller deal

Those are solid values but I'm not surprised that McGee was our add because unlike most of these guys getting signed which some of us "might been hoping for" , they ain't looking to be no 3rd stringer.

Javale has accepted that role now for years, racking up the DNPs being a situational player. Which leads me to what most probably don't wanna hear that our conversation with FA bigs was probably more along those lines than We have 20mins per you.

My expectation has always been that Jalen gonna get first crack. Jones n Monty have defended him all along about his work behind the scenes and that assessing him off last year wouldn't be fair. All of that for me to highlight that most roster predictions I see have Smith as 3rd C or 3rd PF....

Just don't see us going into the season giving him what 5-10 mins ? I believe he will back up Ayton and like I said on occasion where we playing a big squad we would use McGee. If I'm right, the Noels, Theis, Olynyks of the world and whoever else weren't gonna sign up for that.

Some here are better than me with the contract stuff but seems like we will be in a better place cap-wise at the trade deadline so will be players then. There's always players to be had and I think we missed this year but I will bet on us getting someone especially after going all to the Finals.

That's just my 2cents
Here we go again, another draft pick that the Board isn't fussy about us relying on off the bench so time to cue up "BG" - " Defender of the Much Maligned ". :)
I'm already preparing to be look for any positive signs that Smith can be decent cause chances are we kinda need him to be
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:55 am
Jeff Green deal
Zeller deal

Those are solid values but I'm not surprised that McGee was our add because unlike most of these guys getting signed which some of us "might been hoping for" , they ain't looking to be no 3rd stringer.

Javale has accepted that role now for years, racking up the DNPs being a situational player. Which leads me to what most probably don't wanna hear that our conversation with FA bigs was probably more along those lines than We have 20mins per you.

My expectation has always been that Jalen gonna get first crack. Jones n Monty have defended him all along about his work behind the scenes and that assessing him off last year wouldn't be fair. All of that for me to highlight that most roster predictions I see have Smith as 3rd C or 3rd PF....

Just don't see us going into the season giving him what 5-10 mins ? I believe he will back up Ayton and like I said on occasion where we playing a big squad we would use McGee. If I'm right, the Noels, Theis, Olynyks of the world and whoever else weren't gonna sign up for that.

Some here are better than me with the contract stuff but seems like we will be in a better place cap-wise at the trade deadline so will be players then. There's always players to be had and I think we missed this year but I will bet on us getting someone especially after going all to the Finals.

That's just my 2cents
Here we go again, another draft pick that the Board isn't fussy about us relying on off the bench so time to cue up "BG" - " Defender of the Much Maligned ". :)
I'm already preparing to be look for any positive signs that Smith can be decent cause chances are we kinda need him to be
Great post BG, it’s very likely that’s the way the FO lay down their plans, hopefully they are right about Jalen and we end up surprised the same way your twins did.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

So rough for Drummond he takes a 1yr deal and to back up "his good buddy"....

Tsk Tsk

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Is this better than the Lakers?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Felt like a matter of time…

This one is really good for LA…damn

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea I wasn't too crazy about the Lakers roster but those two will help with shooting/spacing.