Around the League: Preseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Around the League: Preseason

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:43 pm
I don't think developing a reliable jump shot is asking him to be something else when he insists on dominating the ball from the perimeter.
He had the 5th highest usage on the team last year for their actual rotation guys. Embiid was over 35% and Simmons was barely over 20.

He is a flawed player, and they were dumb to give him the max but still have him play PG. But he isn't dominating the ball.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:43 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I don't think developing a reliable jump shot is asking him to be something else when he insists on dominating the ball from the perimeter.
He had the 5th highest usage on the team last year for their actual rotation guys. Embiid was over 35% and Simmons was barely over 20.

He is a flawed player, and they were dumb to give him the max but still have him play PG. But he isn't dominating the ball.
OK, poor word choice. He shouldn't be the primary ball handler if he's not going to shoot beyond 10 feet.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:44 pm
Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

OK, poor word choice. He shouldn't be the primary ball handler if he's not going to shoot beyond 10 feet.
Completely agree. But the team fucked that up by paying him the max to be the primary ball handler. It is just bad team construction.

And has everyone else heard the theory that he is actually right handed, but his dad forced him to do everything left handed to be more unique/valuable and that is one reason he is so bad at shooting? I forget who talks about a lot on Twitter.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:52 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:44 pm
Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Completely agree. But the team fucked that up by paying him the max to be the primary ball handler. It is just bad team construction.

And has everyone else heard the theory that he is actually right handed, but his dad forced him to do everything left handed to be more unique/valuable and that is one reason he is so bad at shooting? I forget who talks about a lot on Twitter.
Kevin O'Connor from The Ringer has been on that for basically his entire NBA career.

It's another piece of evidence that Simmons is far more concerned with perception over production.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.