Robert Sarver Report

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Robert Sarver Report

Post by Shabazz »

To catch up:

AmareIsGod

Re: Robert Sarver Report

Post by AmareIsGod »

This is definitely big enough that it needs its own thread.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

As far as the timing, yeah it might not be great. But Sarver is a creep, a cheapskate and the least wealthy owner in the NBA. He's got a miserable reputation among players leaguewide. This isn't a "devil you know" or a "be careful what you wish for" situation. Anyone will be an upgrade.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:44 pm
As far as the timing, yeah it might not be great. But Sarver is a creep, a cheapskate and the least wealthy owner in the NBA. He's got a miserable reputation among players leaguewide. This isn't a "devil you know" or a "be careful what you wish for" situation. Anyone will be an upgrade.
As long as the team doesn’t end up in Vegas or Seattle…

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

A summary of my thoughts from the weekly news thread..
  • Great, he's an asshole and everyone's been saying this stuff for basically his entire ownership period.
  • Wait, we're actually really good right now. This could possibly be a cloud hanging over the organization for a while.
  • What happens next if the NBA pushes him out during the season?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Wow. First I’m hearing of this. Maybe we finally get our new owner and Sarver walks away with his millions.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Indy

Post by Indy »

Can't wait for IsoJoe to chime in.

Indy

Post by Indy »

SunsRIt wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:50 pm
Wow. First I’m hearing of this. Maybe we finally get our new owner and Sarver walks away with his millions.
I am not sure what percentage he owns, but the value of the team is probably north of 1.5B

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Suns statement:

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:44 pm
I want to agree, and I do from a person of character standpoint, but Tillman Fertitta bought the Rockets just 4 years ago and it hasn't been going so well for his team on the court.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Indy wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:52 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:50 pm
I am not sure what percentage he owns, but the value of the team is probably north of 1.5B
Yeah, at least. I meant billions.

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

He's not going anywhere.

He's just going to deny it and wait for the story to go away.

Indy

Post by Indy »

It will be a cloud all season

Indy

Post by Indy »

His statement is trash... not a surprise.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

James Jones wrote:None of what's been said describes the Robert Sarver I know, respect and like -- It just doesn't.
Maybe this is true. If Sarver really is the guy that he seems to be from the outside, I find it hard to believe James Jones and quote kind of makes me feel bad for him. I'm inclined to believe Jones has always known the true Robert Sarver, whoever that person is, and it was always going to be a calculated risk to work under him.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

For the TL;DR crowd.

Indy

Post by Indy »

You don't publish a 1500 word response to a story that hasn't been published yet, without any facts of your own, when there is no truth to the story. You publish "This story is completely false and we look forward to clearing our name and suing ESPN for defamation. Periodt."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:13 pm
You don't publish a 1500 word response to a story that hasn't been published yet, without any facts of your own, when there is no truth to the story. You publish "This story is completely false and we look forward to clearing our name and suing ESPN for defamation. Periodt."
This is where it gets murky if ESPN intended to publish the story "when (the) regular season ended" per the Gambo tweet. I'm sure the Suns have known this was coming for a long, long time.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I think this one is easier to read--all in one.