Around the League: Week 7(11/29-12/5)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Around the League: Week 7(11/29-12/5)

Post by bajanguy008 »

I knew by the time I got on here the Warriors loss would have been discussed lol but yea their whole focus all week was on us and there ya go

With our streak ending I was wondering who is on the longest win streak at present or dare I say the hottest team in the league. I assure you that if we were all here chatting real time that nobody would get this answer right on first try smh lol

The team has won 5 in a row which is a decent amount for teams not named the Suns :D .

Oh right I would put the answer as a Spoiler. So feel free to give your top 3 answers and then click on it and laugh at yourselves (Don't peep the Standings) :lol: . It's probably gonna be a quiet day on here so not sure how many going to read this one but to those who guess, post your reply but don't share the answer :)
Spoiler: show/hide
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:56 am
I knew by the time I got on here the Warriors loss would have been discussed lol but yea their whole focus all week was on us and there ya go

With our streak ending I was wondering who is on the longest win streak at present or dare I say the hottest team in the league. I assure you that if we were all here chatting real time that nobody would get this answer right on first try smh lol

The team has won 5 in a row which is a decent amount for teams not named the Suns :D .

Oh right I would put the answer as a Spoiler. So feel free to give your top 3 answers and then click on it and laugh at yourselves (Don't peep the Standings) :lol: . It's probably gonna be a quiet day on here so not sure how many going to read this one but to those who guess, post your reply but don't share the answer :)
Spoiler: show/hide
I saw it mentioned earlier on Twitter I think, so I know the answer…I won’t spoil it though

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:13 am
Things are going well in Portland

Yikes. That team desperately needs a change. The Dame/CJ backcourt needed to be broken up years ago

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It sucks because I've always liked Dame and always wanted to like those Blazers teams but they've been treading water in recent years. Olshey left that team a mess and Billups never really seemed like the best hire (personal dealings aside).

I guess a McCollum-Simmons deal is the most obvious, but you'd have to really start from scratch in the offseason building around Dame and Simmons.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:35 am
It sucks because I've always liked Dame and always wanted to like those Blazers teams but they've been treading water in recent years. Olshey left that team a mess and Billups never really seemed like the best hire (personal dealings aside).

I guess a McCollum-Simmons deal is the most obvious, but you'd have to really start from scratch in the offseason building around Dame and Simmons.
They’re gonna have to trade Dame I think. He won’t ever do it publicly, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s already told them to move him. Dame for Simmons and Maxey

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:11 am
Superbone wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:47 pm
The mighty Clippers lose to the Kings AGAIN. And yes, Paul George played. I can see why you guys are so impressed with this Clippers team.
2nd night of back to back again. We also lost to the kings this year and lost to teams like the pistons last year. It happens. And I’ll say that nothing they do in the regular season will change my opinion. They are built for postseason play. Ty Lue is fantastic at making adjustments and that roster sets itself up to make any adjustment he wants. That’s why they are so good and dangerous.
Hey, if Marty can have his Warriors, you can have your Clippers. Who am I to tell you who your favorite team is? ;)
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:43 am
Split T wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:11 am
Superbone wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:47 pm
The mighty Clippers lose to the Kings AGAIN. And yes, Paul George played. I can see why you guys are so impressed with this Clippers team.
2nd night of back to back again. We also lost to the kings this year and lost to teams like the pistons last year. It happens. And I’ll say that nothing they do in the regular season will change my opinion. They are built for postseason play. Ty Lue is fantastic at making adjustments and that roster sets itself up to make any adjustment he wants. That’s why they are so good and dangerous.
Even if it is a bit irrational, Ty Lue is the only coach in the league that scares me as a Suns fan recently.
I'll be honest. I agree.

"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:13 am
Things are going well in Portland

Shouldn’t it be on the coach to remedy this situation? Like, sit the starters that aren’t putting in proper effort…?

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Don't know who actually checked my post smh lol
Answer is Rockets who are now up to 6 straight ,next game is BKN tho but either way good for them
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:39 am
Answer is Rockets who are now up to 6 straight ,next game is BKN tho but either way good for them
Ya the Rockets are playing better, but they aren’t exactly knocking off powerhouses. 4 of their 6 wins are Thunder, Magic, and Pelicans. Throw some impressive Bulls/Hornets wins in their top.

Split T

Post by Split T »

This seems big

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I thought the problem there was that Philly was holding out for a Lillard / Simmons swap and wasn't willing to accept McCollum as the primary return?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:05 am
I thought the problem there was that Philly was holding out for a Lillard / Simmons swap and wasn't willing to accept McCollum as the primary return?
I do think that was probably the issue in the summer. I think they stopped talking and since then two things have happened. Portland is probably more willing to deal and Simmons value has dropped. It was reported Philly asked for CJ and all of Portland’s 1sts…which I basically think was them saying we’re not doing the trade for CJ. I think both teams would be willing to work around a CJ-Simmons swap now. My trade:

Ben Simmons and Shake Milton for CJ McCollum and Larry Nance Jr.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Morey's the wildcard. No telling what he will or won't do unless ownership steps in and forces his hand in someway.

Even if they swapped CJ or Simmons, the season is probably still lost and they'd need to rebuild in the summer. And who knows if Billups is even the right person for the job.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:39 am
I read it and appreciated it. Just didn't want to spoil it. I knew the Grizz were on a 4-game streak.

"Be Legendary."