Suns News Playoff Edition: Week 28 (4/25 - 5/1)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Suns News Playoff Edition: Week 28 (4/25 - 5/1)

Post by Indy »

Current Series
GAME 1: Sunday, April 17th vs. New Orleans WIN! 110-99 :D
GAME 2: Tuesday, Apr 19th vs New Orleans LOSS! 114-125 :(
GAME 3: Friday, Apr 22nd @ New Orleans WIN! 114-111 :D
GAME 4: Sunday, Apr 24th @ New Orleans LOSS! 103-118 :cry:

This Week's Games
Game 5: Tuesday, April 26th vs New Orleans 10:00 Est. TNT
Game 6: Thursday, April 28th @ New Orleans TBD
Game 7 (if necessary): Saturday, April 30th vs New Orleans TBD

Suns Stories

The Suns need to blame themselves, and be better
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2022 ... -be-better

Ex-Phoenix Suns employee Jeffrey Marcussen pleads guilty to illicitly selling team's tickets, agrees to pay restitution
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/338 ... estitution

Brandon Ingram has been too big for the Phoenix Suns
https://fansided.com/2022/04/25/brandon ... enix-suns/

Split T

Re: Suns News Playoff Edition: Week 28 (4/25 - 5/1)

Post by Split T »

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Split T wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:11 am
So stupid.

Split T

Post by Split T »

It’s just an auto fine…doesn’t matter what the refs do, if you criticize them publicly you get a fine.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:17 am
It’s just an auto fine…doesn’t matter what the refs do, if you criticize them publicly you get a fine.
Money well spent if you ask me. Let's hope the refs take notice. Starting tonight!
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

This is the perfect example of Glass Half Full or Glass Half Empty when it comes to how one chooses to perceive this tweet

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

No joke Indy
This is literally the next tweet I just saw since replying to you 🤦🏾‍♂️

Indy

Post by Indy »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:26 am
This is the perfect example of Glass Half Full or Glass Half Empty when it comes to how one chooses to perceive this tweet
David once again did a wonderful job breaking that down. Watching those video, it is crazy how great the looks have been with Snap. We just aren't hitting them. Part of that many of those were run without Paul, Booker or even Ayton on the floor. But there is no reason why CamJ should be missing so many wide open 3s. If we are going to continue in these playoffs, we have to start hitting our open 3s. Even at 35%. So far we are at 29%.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yea I was getting frustrated with my boy last game, as you said wide open but he did still go 3/7 which for our team this series would be considered On Fire smh
Still don't get why he was pulled for the last 4-5mins but is what it is. He was 2/5 in Game 3 so I'm gonna guess without peeping box scores that he probably the only one to hit multiple 3s in those games.

He didn't score 18+ like I predicted but no breaking news here, I'm least worried about him.
Landry had the nice aggressive drives/dunks but he's super struggling from 3 and obviously Payne also. I could see Landry knocking down some but Payne is such a wear his emotions on his sleeve guy

He's always hard on himself in interviews about his mistakes and it's always clear to me when he isn't playing freely and overthinking. I even thought the dunk the other night would have been a catalyst for him but he promptly had a couple turnovers I think and then Monty was quick to bring back CP3
I would even hypothesize that because he is struggling to score and just wanting to impact the game is why he's getting the overzealous fouls in the backcourt. As others have said, that's probably where Monty has to show some flexibility, if Payne self destructing the answer can't always be bring back CP3 quickly then having him pushing 40+ mins
That's probably gonna backfire

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Holiday.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The worst-case scenario for these playoffs is if we lose early (like first or second round) but Ayton is a monster, averaging 28 ppg and 15 rpg, and Cam J is draining 3s, therefore we are pressured to pay them both a ton of money despite the team having just choked in the postseason.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I say let Ayton shoot 10 threes a game and see what happens, since nobody else is hitting them.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If the Cams and Jae continue to disappoint and the Suns get bounced early because of their ineptness, I will be honest and say that I wouldn't be disappointed in trading them for LeBron, even if it's for one year. It's pretty obvious that the Suns need another shot creator, if CP3 & Book are hurt, they need at least one more.

***Full Disclosure*** It pains me so much to say that, as Cam Johnson is probably my 2nd favorite player on the Suns, and I really don't like LeBron.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

Devin Booker has scored the 3rd most points for us this post-season, and he has only played 65 minutes total.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:24 pm
If the Cams and Jae continue to disappoint and the Suns get bounced early because of their ineptness, I will be honest and say that I wouldn't be disappointed in trading them for LeBron, even if it's for one year. It's pretty obvious that the Suns need another shot creator, if CP3 & Book are hurt, they need at least one more.

***Full Disclosure*** It pains me so much to say that, as Cam Johnson is probably my 2nd favorite player on the Suns, and I really don't like LeBron.
I always liked LeBron until he went to LA, so I guess I wouldn't mind. :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:07 pm
The worst-case scenario for these playoffs is if we lose early (like first or second round) but Ayton is a monster, averaging 28 ppg and 15 rpg, and Cam J is draining 3s, therefore we are pressured to pay them both a ton of money despite the team having just choked in the postseason.
I don't think so. I’d like them both paid regardless of outcome of these playoffs.

Our problem is paying Shamet 6th man money and getting 9th man results. Having Cam Payne as our backup PG giving us essentially nothing most of the year. Jae Crowder as a stretch 4 who neither stretches nor is playing like a 4.

Our problem IMO will be the misallocation of $$, but not DA or Cam J. Trade Jae and Shamet for more reliable pieces that fit the roles better.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I told you guys earlier that LeBron might be an option…you guys shot me down haha

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Both of you shut it

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

This is where the NBA fails. Hayes was ejected for the same kind of hit, Monty gets a $15K fine for criticizing the refs, then the NBA comes out with this today which we all saw and knew should've been a flagrant at the time.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:56 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:07 pm
I don't think so. I’d like them both paid regardless of outcome of these playoffs.

Our problem is paying Shamet 6th man money and getting 9th man results. Having Cam Payne as our backup PG giving us essentially nothing most of the year. Jae Crowder as a stretch 4 who neither stretches nor is playing like a 4.

Our problem IMO will be the misallocation of $$, but not DA or Cam J. Trade Jae and Shamet for more reliable pieces that fit the roles better.
Ok, Jae, Payne and Shamet for one year of old man, LeBron. You've convinced me. Who says no? Haha
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass