Suns News Playoff Edition: Week 28 (4/25 - 5/1)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Suns News Playoff Edition: Week 28 (4/25 - 5/1)

Post by Mori Chu »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 5:35 pm
All the talk about 2004-05 vs 2021-22, let's just get a repeat of this classic Game 6 Suns win in Dallas.
God, watching the '05 Suns is intoxicating. Steve Nash is such a fucking legend. I love watching him play. CP3 has been a great PG for the Suns but there is absolutely no way that he comes remotely close to Nash. The way Nash just orchestrates this entire game is such a masterpiece. I need a cold shower or something.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 6:38 pm
Nodack wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 6:13 pm
I’ve already psyched myself up for a loss.
A true long-suffering Suns fan.
And now I am psyched for the Suns victory in game seven.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Secretly deep down I want the Suns to lose because I love off-season changes and chaos but also it saves me the stress of the next round. I am a broken fan.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

TOO wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 11:55 am
Secretly deep down I want the Suns to lose because I love off-season changes and chaos but also it saves me the stress of the next round. I am a broken fan.
Oh come on, smh

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
LOL
"Be Legendary."

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

I've been stressing more this year compared to last year.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

iLLmatic wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 1:14 pm
I've been stressing more this year compared to last year.
With expectations come...
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 12:23 pm
TOO wrote:
LOL
Fandom is a disease.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Last season was more enjoyable because everything was icing after beating the Lakers. Then came the Nuggets sweep and the Valley Oop and everyone started to pinch themselves.

After smoking the league for 6 months, it's now a Finals or bust mentality which kinda sucks, IMO.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I'm very emotionally invested in this season's outcome because I'm quite nervous about our upcoming offseason, given the Ayton and Cam extensions. I think with Sarver at the helm, we're going to have to sacrifice some depth and we've spent the last few years avoiding young players to replenish our pipeline.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 2:19 pm
I'm very emotionally invested in this season's outcome because I'm quite nervous about our upcoming offseason, given the Ayton and Cam extensions. I think with Sarver at the helm, we're going to have to sacrifice some depth and we've spent the last few years avoiding young players to replenish our pipeline.
I get what you're saying about Sarver. Things would be different if he wasn't so penny wise and pound foolish.

But it's also up to the GM and coaching staff to get young guys on the court. Jalen Smith is a perfectly capable NBA player who could've been an ideal fit for this Mavs series, but they couldn't figure out how to get him into the rotation for whatever reason.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 2:05 pm
Last season was more enjoyable because everything was icing after beating the Lakers. Then came the Nuggets sweep and the Valley Oop and everyone started to pinch themselves.

After smoking the league for 6 months, it's now a Finals or bust mentality which kinda sucks, IMO.
Great analysis and point.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

There is no guarantee Sarver is still owning the team come the off-season. How's that for optimism?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I have no clue how credible this guy is, but I will almost be certainly be buying a pair if it's true.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 2:19 pm
Sounds familiar (Phoenix Suns circa 2006).

But, who says Sarver will still be at the helm? :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Gonna just leave this one here

Was always gonna be tough to follow the 2nd half but the guys made up my mind for me anyways that it wasn't worth stressing trying to juggle work and peep at the TV.

More importantly though, when I was driving to work and being somewhere between shocked, pissed off and depressed about the game a friend of mine called totally distraught....
She was at the hospital with a nephew who was shot and had to go in for surgery

It made me snap out of it real quick and although just reading over the Game Day thread I still smh a bunch, the awful truth is there's much more important things going on. I can't tell anyone how to deal with their fandom, I know some of y'all might choose to kick back some drinks or whatever but do Try take care of yourselves man.

I always remember 'Bone health scare last year as another one of those perspective moments.

So yea that's it for me. Everyone knows I'm one of the folks on here who post lots of tweets cause I'm always on there deep diving into Suns content but I'm another who bout to unplug from the basketball. Got some "life stuff" that I should really spend more time focusing on so definitely a social media break on the cards for me.

I will still pop in here, see what craziness you guys talking about in the off-season thread but I'mma be a little scarce for real.
So just wanted to make this post, we all feel some kinda way right now but just remember what's important ✌🏾✌🏾
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Thanks for the perspective and best of luck with your friend’s nephew. I hope he pulls out of it.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

We spent the entire season in that top right quadrant and then collapsed against Dallas…the one team who hadn’t beaten us in like 10 games. Just so strange

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It's not so strange if you're a Suns fans. We should've expected as much.