Around the League News - 2022 Offseason Edition

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Around the League News - 2022 Offseason Edition

Post by Shabazz »

Players are not prohibited from tampering.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:36 pm
Uh isn't that blatant tampering?
Can't the players say whatever they want?
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm sure the league isn't thrilled with that kind of stuff and may even send a note to Dame and the Blazers. They know the players talk and recruit each other, but they probably aren't ok with something that blatant. Opens a can of worms.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Shabazz wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:55 pm
From the collective bargaining agreement -

"Any Player who, directly or indirectly, entices, induces, persuades or attempts to entice, induce, or persuade any Player, Coach, Trainer, General Manager or any other person who is under contract to any other Member of the Association to enter into negotiations for or relating to his services or negotiates or contracts for such services shall, on being charged with such tampering, be given an opportunity to answer such charges after due notice and the Commissioner shall have the power to decide whether or not the charges have been sustained; in the event his decision is that the charges have been sustained, then the Commissioner shall have the power to suspend such Player for a definite or indefinite period, or to impose a fine not exceeding $50,000, or inflict both such suspension and fine upon any such Player. "
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

The Bobster wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:17 am
Shabazz wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:55 pm
From the collective bargaining agreement -

"Any Player who, directly or indirectly, entices, induces, persuades or attempts to entice, induce, or persuade any Player, Coach, Trainer, General Manager or any other person who is under contract to any other Member of the Association to enter into negotiations for or relating to his services or negotiates or contracts for such services shall, on being charged with such tampering, be given an opportunity to answer such charges after due notice and the Commissioner shall have the power to decide whether or not the charges have been sustained; in the event his decision is that the charges have been sustained, then the Commissioner shall have the power to suspend such Player for a definite or indefinite period, or to impose a fine not exceeding $50,000, or inflict both such suspension and fine upon any such Player. "
Well there’s that…

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’ve seen the $50,000 fine given out, but that’s all they do

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

These guys win or lose $50K playing card games on airplanes. That fine is nothing to someone like Lillard.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Both teams have reported interest in Ayton. This deal is pretty interesting and I'm not totally buying the Spurs interest in John Collins. I'd expect him to be moved to a third team.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Why would the Spurs trade Murray? That's so wild to me.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

TOO wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:40 pm
I don’t know but of any potential player rumored to be on the move, he’s the guy I want the most. Perfect fit next to Booker

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

TOO wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:40 pm
I don't get it either. Because you have to pay him in 2 years? So what? He's young and great.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Would it be weird if they're going full tank for the 2022-23 season and asked Murray if he'd rather be moved to a more competitive team?

He's good, but let's not get carried away about his future. His market value is probably the highest it'll ever be right now in large part due to his contract. The perspective would be different if he were on De'Aaron Fox money right now, for example.

There's also the Klutch factor. Murray and his reps could be quietly asking out of San Antonio as they appear to be resetting their roster with more youth recently.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:42 pm
These guys win or lose $50K playing card games on airplanes. That fine is nothing to someone like Lillard.
But if they charge the player and the player demands a trade, do they block the trade?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:19 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:42 pm
But if they charge the player and the player demands a trade, do they block the trade?
Is this a serious question? :lol:

The players run the league in the Adam Silver era.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

San Antonio and Atlanta remain engaged on trade conversations regarding a larger deal centered around Dejounte Murray and John Collins, sources said.
Are the Spurs doing that so they can include Collins in a trade package with us to get Ayton?

If you're the Spurs, what's the point of acquiring Ayton if you lose Murray and don't have much of a team to put around him?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Maybe Pop thinks he can turn Ayton into a Duncan like player

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

If DA wants to be "the man" with more touches, not sure the Spurs are the team/system for him. He can ask LMA how that worked when he signed there.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:09 am
Reunite with LeBron, right? With AD going to New York? That just seems likely after the disappointment AD has been.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Lakers make the most sense with LBJ but I think they'd need to find a way, maybe with a 3rd team, to move Westbrook and keep LBJ, Kyrie and AD together. RW has an opt-in as well and I think it's tricky to just trade he and Kyrie.

I think the Clips could be a darkhorse since Lue coached Kyrie in Cleveland. They don't have great assets, it'd be Reggie Jackson's expiring deal plus some combo of Marcus Morris, Kennard and Powell, maybe Mann thrown in. But a Big 3 of Kyrie, PG and Kawhi - as unreliable as they are - would be as talented a trio as there is IMO.