NBA Playoffs WCSF, Game 6: Phoenix Suns (3-2) @ Dallas Mavericks, Thurs 5/12/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: NBA Playoffs WCSF, Game 6: Phoenix Suns (3-2) @ Dallas Mavericks, Thurs 5/12/22

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:23 pm
What happened to Chris Paul? Wtf.
I'm seriously concerned about him. He's not right.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Re: NBA Playoffs WCSF, Game 6: Phoenix Suns (3-2) @ Dallas Mavericks, Thurs 5/12/22

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:52 pm
Ammm Game 7 is Saturday right
Monty forgot
I guess it's Sunday. You making the game day thread? Who's feeling up to the task?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:59 pm
fucking pathetic and embarrassing showing.
Could be worse. See Warriors.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SunsRIt wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:03 pm
Golden State lost by almost 40 last night. We get beat handily tonight. I don’t think either team is done.

Game 7 it is.
I appreciate your optimism, SunsRIt. I really do.
"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I don’t get why so many are ready to give up on this team, have you guys watch the other teams? Most of them have been having the same struggles. I really don’t think there’s a team that separated themselves as the favorites at this point. Besides the Mavericks apparently, Warriors are our biggest threat in the west and them fuckers were just down 55 points in their last game. Pretty confident that Grizzlies ain’t winning that series but don’t think anyone would be surprised if they pushed GS to 7.

Until this team is officially out, I’m not counting them out.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:40 pm
So confusing how every game so far has pretty much been blowouts. Have no clue what to take away from that.
Let's just hope the pattern continues.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:02 pm
I don’t get why so many are ready to give up on this team, have you guys watch the other teams? Most of them have been having the same struggles. I really don’t think there’s a team that separated themselves as the favorites at this point. Besides the Mavericks apparently, Warriors are our biggest threat in the west and them fuckers were just down 55 points in their last game. Pretty confident that Grizzlies ain’t winning that series but don’t think anyone would be surprised if they pushed GS to 7.

I appreciate you, WW!
"Be Legendary."

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Wally_West wrote:

I’m not completely counting them out either but this is a seriously testing the faith kind of run they’re on.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That second quarter was just gross. I don't know what Suns team was on the court, but that wasn't the one we've been accustomed to watching. "The best backcourt in the league" got absolutely cooked and the coach of the year let it happen. I saw basically everything I feared about this game from the second quarter until I stopped paying attention early in the third. There are no adjustments left in a Game 6 or 7. Typically the only things that matters in those games are effort and poise. The Suns severely lacked both.

It feels like this team lost it's edge a while ago, before the Playoffs even started. We've seen glimpses of excellence recently, a quarter here or there, but that collective desperation we saw last post-season just seems to have dissipated. Their body language makes it look like this team doesn't have the juice anymore. Even if they get past the Mavs, the WCF are a coin flip at best, and I don't really see any path for them to beat a healthy Bucks team.

I respect all they've accomplished in the past 18 months and it might not be over despite how this loss feels. I honestly just can't believe this is how they'd go out this season. So much of it is out of character of the identity they worked to create.

I don't want to get into it now with a winnable Game 7 at home, but the Suns window with Chris Paul is a gust of wind away from being slammed shut in everyone's faces, and it's really starting to look like these guys know it.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 1:20 am
That second quarter was just gross. I don't know what Suns team was on the court, but that wasn't the one we've been accustomed to watching. "The best backcourt in the league" got absolutely cooked and the coach of the year let it happen. I saw basically everything I feared about this game from the second quarter until I stopped paying attention early in the third. There are no adjustments left in a Game 6 or 7. Typically the only things that matters in those games are effort and poise. The Suns severely lacked both.

It feels like this team lost it's edge a while ago, before the Playoffs even started. We've seen glimpses of excellence recently, a quarter here or there, but that collective desperation we saw last post-season just seems to have dissipated. Their body language makes it look like this team doesn't have the juice anymore. Even if they get past the Mavs, the WCF are a coin flip at best, and I don't really see any path for them to beat a healthy Bucks team.

I respect all they've accomplished in the past 18 months and it might not be over despite how this loss feels. I honestly just can't believe this is how they'd go out this season. So much of it is out of character of the identity they worked to create.

I don't want to get into it now with a winnable Game 7 at home, but the Suns window with Chris Paul is a gust of wind away from being slammed shut in everyone's faces, and it's really starting to look like these guys know it.
I'm pretty defeated after that loss. This team in the playoffs so far isn't the team I remember from the regular season or last year's playoff push. We haven't even come close to dominating a series. I for sure thought we would make short work of the Mavs but here we are moving to a game 7.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

'

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I feel like game 7 could be our defining moment of this championship run. I feel like, most of the time, the champion doesn't really have smooth sailing to the end.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Superbone wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:58 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:52 pm
Ammm Game 7 is Saturday right
Monty forgot
I guess it's Sunday. You making the game day thread? Who's feeling up to the task?
Yes sir
I will step up, vibe on the board a lil rough right now which is fair but I got the next thread
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

All I've been doing is refreshing Booker on my Twitter search to see all the chatter cause as expected he's getting roasted. I had no issue with him gmocking Luka 1) cause it was accurate 2) I expected him to respond with his play to anyone who came at him for it

So yea, this always been Book - the pettiness and trolling, a bit of smugness to him but dude answers the bell most nights. Problem is you can't play so poorly after talking shit, you just can't.
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

"We need to sit on this. We need to understand that that team is a really good basketball team. But we also need to understand how good we are." - Monty Williams on having an extra day until Game 7
I really like this quote. We may have underestimated the Mavs. But we also shouldn't underestimate ourselves.

A lot of doom 'n' gloom in this thread today. I gotta say, I think you all should show a little more faith. Plenty of eventual champions have been pushed to a Game 7 along the way. All we have to do is learn from this loss, come out on our home floor, and put them away this weekend. We can do that.

Having said that, I'm really worried about CP3. He seemed super tentative last night. He wouldn't really drive the ball to the basket at all, just stood out at the 3-point line and passed to somebody else. He gave us almost nothing. I'm not opposed to reducing his minutes or sitting him if he isn't feeling healthy. Give Shamet, Payne, or Holiday time to see what they can do. We can win even without a 100% CP3 as long as we don't leave him out there 40 minutes to hurt us.

I wish Coach hadn't left our starters out there so long. I was yelling at the TV; there were only about 4-5 minutes left, and we're down by 23 points, and he still has all the starters out there? Come on. They showed no real signs of eating into the lead. Save some in the tank for Game 7.

I said this earlier in the thread, but I thought in the first half the overall game flow favored us pretty well. Luka and Brunson were forced to do most of the scoring for the Mavs, and we were keeping most of the other guys contained. I still think that's the recipe for success.

I also noticed that the Mavs shot 39 3s (over half of their 77 total FG) while we shot just 18 (out of 78 total FG). We have great 3-point shooters. Why weren't we shooting them? We're giving away points at that end. I don't want to see open-3s vs contested-2s in Game 7.

I STILL BELIEVE IN THIS TEAM. Don't give up because of one loss. We'll put Luka and his fat face underground this Sunday! Bring it on, MFers!!!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I wish Coach hadn't left our starters out there so long. I was yelling at the TV; there were only about 4-5 minutes left, and we're down by 23 points, and he still has all the starters out there? Come on. They showed no real signs of eating into the lead. Save some in the tank for Game 7.
I thought he should've gone with a bench/energy unit to start the 4th and try and jumpstart the team. I get him wanting to trust the starters and I know a 20pt lead is nothing these days so even with like 7-8 minutes left I was waiting for the team to turn it on, because they always do. But they just didn't have it and Monty should've sensed that.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Even if they win game 7 this is still the same team that coasted the last month, it's just gross. No urgency, why should fans have any confidence in this team? Sloppy, lazy, Earl Watson era basketball every other game for the last 10 weeks, just awful.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Split T

Post by Split T »

The last month? I guess if you’re just meaning April…they coasted those last 5-6 games

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Just so puzzling how bad we’ve been on the road this series when we literally were the best road team this season and wasn’t even close. To potentially lose the series because we couldn’t win on the road? That would be pretty gross.

DesertcoastPartDeux

Post by DesertcoastPartDeux »

Wally_West wrote:
This post talked my down of my ledge. Well done.