Suns 2022 Off-Season Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Suns Off-Season Thread

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:08 pm
Anyone else have like 30 tabs open with Suns postmortem articles and like 15 podcasts discussing the same that they just can’t bring themselves to read/listen to for the last month+? Just me?
The upside of being a basketball narcissist, there's no need to read or listen to that stuff because you've already worked through it in your own head.

Why do I need some goofball with a keyboard and a microphone to tell me what I already know? I have phx-suns.net for that.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:40 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:04 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:50 am
TOO wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:46 am
Is this Sarver trying show he's not a piece of shit? Or is she an actual on the up and up hire? Sucks to even have to question the process.
Ya I was wondering the same…I don’t want to take anything away from Morgan though, regardless she doesn’t deserve to have her hiring questioned.
It is hopefully both. There is no doubt in my mind that this is mainly happening because of Sarver's allegedly toxic work environment for women.
You think we only hired her because of Sarver's toxicity? Not because she is the best candidate for the job?
Nope, like I said, it could be both. They wanted to hire a woman because of the alleged misogyny and she was the best qualified for the job.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What a fucking failure by our government. Just wow. This article left me speechless. I can't even imagine. Griner and her wife are obviously devastated.

https://arizonasports.com/story/3184493 ... -staffing/
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

That is so heart-breaking.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

The Bobster wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:09 pm
"Revenge Tour" is a bullshit term I never want to hear from a Suns player ever again.
Yes please, right next to “Suns in four” from the crowd after just a couple victories.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

All due respect to Morgan Cato, but I don't see how she would affect the workplace culture on the non-basketball side of things which is where a lot of the organizational misconduct has been happening.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I hope they do re-sign Ayton. I Call BS on this. But if they do, they desperately need Cam Johnson. If suns can’t knock down their outside shots, Ayton will be toast too in the paint.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Eric Gordon may end up here after all?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’d be a little bummed if we end up trading a 1st for Gordon this summer. Should’ve done it at the deadline

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Would you do Payne, Dario, Craig and maybe future 2nd for Eric Gordon and Kenyon Martin Jr. who asked for a trade recently?

Edit: my thinking was to give Houston straight Cap relief but forgot that all these are expiring contracts anyway so doesn’t really make sense.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

CamJ, Dario, Payne and future 2nd for Gordon, Kenyon Martin Jr., 17th pick and 26th pick?

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Biyombo visits the Pope -
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Should be interesting to see which direction the franchise decides to go in over the next two weeks.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:37 pm
CamJ, Dario, Payne and future 2nd for Gordon, Kenyon Martin Jr., 17th pick and 26th pick?
I’d pull it. I love Cam J but would take both picks and trade up. There might be a better deal using Cam J though.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Not really sure why Houston would do that, they’d have to value Cam J pretty high

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Talk about fucking up chemistry. Imagine if they trade off his best friend. Do you think Mikal is going to be a happy player?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:43 pm
Should be interesting to see which direction the franchise decides to go in over the next two weeks.
Hopefully forward.
"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:37 pm
Talk about fucking up chemistry. Imagine if they trade off his best friend. Do you think Mikal is going to be a happy player?
When he sees his paycheck hit, sure. Mikal had a storybook draft night for about 15 minutes then got traded to team that never even worked him out or interviewed him during the pre-draft process. He learned this is a business early on. Honestly, while I’d have no problem trading CamJ, this rumor sounds like bullshit. I think we end up just buying a second rounder when it’s all said and done. I’d be very surprised at big draft move at this point.