Suns 2022 Off-Season Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Suns Off-Season Thread

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Cool. Sounds like other teams wanna fleece us and JJ isn’t having it. Perhaps there’s some dog whistling around drafted players he thinks highly of come next week for trade partners—and otherwise he’s content keeping the band together.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Jones is finally saying the right thing about DA. Dare teams to make him an offer and assure them we'll match. That's how we have leverage. I think the other stuff about us not looking to match or not wanting to give him a max came from other teams or his own people. The fact that Detroit went big with Duren might mean they've moved on or weren't even interested in offering a max deal.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Alright, I have a question. There is talk that Kyrie Irving is going to opt out of Brooklyn and possibly sign with the Lakers for $6 million. Why would he sign with the Lakers when the Suns are so close and can definitely afford $6 million. Could this be the right time right place third guard that has been alluded to?

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

So after losing a bug chunk of his salary because of the pandemic Irving's going to flush $30 million to sign with the Lakers?

Not likely.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Split T

Post by Split T »

SunsRIt wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:48 am
Alright, I have a question. There is talk that Kyrie Irving is going to opt out of Brooklyn and possibly sign with the Lakers for $6 million. Why would he sign with the Lakers when the Suns are so close and can definitely afford $6 million. Could this be the right time right place third guard that has been alluded to?
He can start with the Lakers

Split T

Post by Split T »

The Bobster wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:59 am
So after losing a bug chunk of his salary because of the pandemic Irving's going to flush $30 million to sign with the Lakers?

Not likely.
Well the fact that he was willing to sacrifice last year tells me he’s maybe not as concerned about money as most.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:13 am
The Bobster wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:59 am

Not likely.
Well the fact that he was willing to sacrifice last year tells me he’s maybe not as concerned about money as most.
Yeah, I could totally see Kyrie opting out and taking some vet-min deal somewhere; I think he's just wired differently. If, for some weird reason, Kyrie would end up here, am I crazy to think that he and Ayton would be the best of friends and play really well together on the court?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:52 pm
At 20m per, sign me up for Ayton.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

SunsRIt wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:48 am
I can almost guarantee he's not going to opt out and sign for some piddly $6M or whatever to join a contender. If there's anything I've learned about Kyrie it's that he doesn't care much for winning titles to appease owners or fans. That's just not how he's wired.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

TOO wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:40 am
That's not gonna happen. A deal that starts in the $28M range and averages around $30M a season is the best well get if you're on the non-max side of the Ayton spectrum.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:49 am
TOO wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:40 am
That's not gonna happen. A deal that starts in the $28M range and averages around $30M a season is the best well get if you're on the non-max side of the Ayton spectrum.
That's fine.
"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Flex was just on Wolf & Luke and said that if you asked KD for a list of 3 teams he wants to go to, #1 would be the Suns, #2 would be the Suns, and Flex doesn’t care who would be #3. FWIW. :lol:
Last edited by JeremyG on Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Nobody wants to max a good but not great center? Color me shocked.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

If that’s the way it goes, it’s heading in the direction of the Eric Bledsoe situation. We already did that once and it didn’t end well. Sarver never learns from his mistakes. It’s either gonna be JJ part 2 or Bledsoe part 2.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Bledsoe was such a waste.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:50 am
If that’s the way it goes, it’s heading in the direction of the Eric Bledsoe situation. We already did that once and it didn’t end well. Sarver never learns from his mistakes. It’s either gonna be JJ part 2 or Bledsoe part 2.
Why pay more than he is worth? Honestly? If nobody in the league thinks Ayton is max-worthy, why should the Suns pay that?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

TOO wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:54 am
JeremyG wrote:
Why pay more than he is worth? Honestly? If nobody in the league thinks Ayton is max-worthy, why should the Suns pay that?
In order to keep a championship contender together without messing up the team chemistry and alienating your players. Duh.

All I ask is that the Suns learn from their mistakes. Bledsoe hated the Suns after what happened and eventually demanded out. It’s an awful, unethical, trash way of doing business. Using RFA against your player by telling teams you will match any offer in order to scare teams away from making an offer at all while you also refuse to make a decent offer so that you can eventually lowball your RFA and you can try to get him for a cheap price? It’s disgusting and it’s classic Sarver. They refused to even give DA an offer last summer. They better at least give him an offer at the beginning of free agency, if Jones is telling the truth when he says he wants to keep the team together.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:11 am
TOO wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:54 am
JeremyG wrote:
In order to keep a championship contender together without messing up the team chemistry and alienating your players. Duh.

All I ask is that the Suns learn from their mistakes. Bledsoe hated the Suns after what happened and eventually demanded out. It’s an awful, unethical, trash way of doing business. Using RFA against your player by telling teams you will match any offer in order to scare teams away from making an offer at all while you also refuse to make a decent offer so that you can eventually lowball your RFA and you can try to get him for a cheap price? It’s disgusting and it’s classic Sarver. They refused to even give DA an offer last summer. They better at least give him an offer at the beginning of free agency, if Jones is telling the truth when he says he wants to keep the team together.
This team isn't a championship contender, sorry. Barely scraped outta the 1st round, absolutely smacked in the 2nd, needs a retooling. Duh.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.