Suns 2022 Off-Season Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Suns Off-Season Thread

Post by Split T »

Wally_West wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:32 am
Split T wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:25 am
So what’s our current roster?

Paul, Payne
Booker, Shamet, Lee
Bridges, Johnson
Crowder, Craig
Saric, Biyombo

I’d guess Wainright is back, but the KD trade will probably take a big hit on our depth.
Wouldn’t surprise me Iffe is back too
True, especially because James Jones talked about him in that draft article saying he was their draft pick this year.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Happy to have Biyombo back. I prefer JaVale, but I seem to be in the minority on that. And I certainly favor letting McGee leave if we would have had to pay the same price Dallas paid.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

carey wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:53 pm
Well Lee hovers between 34-40% from 3 with 2 seasons at 39%. Usually around 45% from the field. I think he’s much bigger than Holliday but not as big as Book or the twins. Anyone know if he’s a plus defender? He’s married to Steph Curry’s sister.
CP3 for Steph!
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Wally_West wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:32 am
Split T wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:25 am
So what’s our current roster?

Paul, Payne
Booker, Shamet, Lee
Bridges, Johnson
Crowder, Craig
Saric, Biyombo

I’d guess Wainright is back, but the KD trade will probably take a big hit on our depth.
Wouldn’t surprise me Iffe is back too
Weird thing is that the Suns didn't tender a QO for either of them.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:40 am
Happy to have Biyombo back. I prefer JaVale, but I seem to be in the minority on that. And I certainly favor letting McGee leave if we would have had to pay the same price Dallas paid.
They're mostly the same IMO. JaVale is taller and longer, Biz is a bit shorter but wider and stronger. I was very confident we'd get him back regardless of the DA situation. Solid enough for us on the defensive end in backup minutes, good lob threat.

If DA leaves and we don't get KD and have to start Biz, we'll be in trouble IMO. If we get KD and Biz starts, we should be OK so long as we have Dario or someone else in a smallball role.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Given we’re likely to lose some depth with our non core guys…who would you include in a package to send out in a Kd trade?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:56 am
Mori Chu wrote:
They're mostly the same IMO. JaVale is taller and longer, Biz is a bit shorter but wider and stronger. I was very confident we'd get him back regardless of the DA situation. Solid enough for us on the defensive end in backup minutes, good lob threat.

If DA leaves and we don't get KD and have to start Biz, we'll be in trouble IMO. If we get KD and Biz starts, we should be OK so long as we have Dario or someone else in a smallball role.
If the KD trade goes down, who starts at center won't really matter: it will be center-by-committee. Probably some combo of Biyombo, Ibaka, and maybe Luke Garza or Bruno Fernando.

I think Dario will probably be part of the trade.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

ShelC wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

Biyombo is less talented on offense but also doesn’t try to play outside his role unlike Javale. We chose wisely.

Split T

Post by Split T »

The big key is Biyombo probably signed for the minimum or slightly above and McGee signed a multi year deal at 7ish million a year.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:23 am
The big key is Biyombo probably signed for the minimum or slightly above and McGee signed a multi year deal at 7ish million a year.
Even better. We got the better player for cheaper

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:31 pm
We know Booker is one of the most prickly guys on the court, but I'm pretty sure most of the league doesn't like Dennis Schroder. Seems like no one enjoys playing with him.

Being set aside by the LeLakers and then the team he was traded away from had a historic turn around to make the Finals are pretty big red flags.
And yet, he might the only legit option for point guard depth at this point.

I really like Markus Howard, but he isn't really a point guard. There is Ryan Arcidiacono, and the whole Villanova connection (if Bridges is still on the team), but I don't know if you can count on him for anything.

I like getting Jared Butler back in a Ayton-to-Utah sign and trade, but I don't know how ready he is.

All I know is that we can't role with just CP3 and Cam Payne.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Bizarre thought...anyway we might snake Ricky Rubio back?

carey

Post by carey »

He’s already re-signed with Cleveland.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

I crack up at how Bobby Marks over at ESPN thinks a Toronto deal involving Scotty Barnes, Gary Trent Jr, and Thaddeus Young is WAY better than Ayton, Cam Johnson, and Crowder, Craig, or Saric.

Come on. Scotty Barnes is good, but if I'm starting a new team, I'm taking Ayton. Nets already have Simmons so I'd build with him and Ayton.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

Split T

Post by Split T »

Hmm, I disagree on Barnes. I think he’s a potential superstar, I’d take him over Ayton for sure.

carey

Post by carey »

Might be a better deal but you think KD actually wants to be in T.dot?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Raptor fans cheered when KD tore his Achilles. There’s no way in hell he’ll go to Toronto. He would just retire lol.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya he’s coming here…Toronto could beat our deal, but they won’t. They aren’t as desperate. I don’t think they’d include Barnes in any deal…probably OG, Trent and picks.

Indy

Post by Indy »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:14 am
ShelC wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

If the KD trade goes down, who starts at center won't really matter: it will be center-by-committee. Probably some combo of Biyombo, Ibaka, and maybe Luke Garza or Bruno Fernando.

I think Dario will probably be part of the trade.
Yeah, he just has that perfect sized expiring contract. It would be hard not to include him. I am not sure who has the most value between all of our 10M contacts--Jae, Dario, Shamet. I would go in that order, but Dario is coming back from an ACL and he was slow/unathletic before. Maybe people value Shamet more, but he does have 2 years not 1.