Deandre Ayton's future with the Suns?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

What do you think Deandre Ayton's immediate future is with the Suns?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:47 am

Suns keep him for the duration of the 2022-2023 season
31%
He's on the roster to start the season but is traded mid-season
8%
Suns trade him before the season starts
62%

Total votes: 26

TOO

Re: Deandre Ayton's future with the Suns?

Post by TOO »

You can see just from their personalities that Booker/Paul and Ayton were never destined to work. The amount of times Ayton has blown easy passes from those 2, the vast personality difference, the whole contract comment, Book isn't going to deal with that forever, he's petty.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I think it's "FF" who said he's just about had enough of the rumours....

I try to keep checking in here and on Twitter to see if anything major has happened but if this is where we're at now in terms of rumours
I mean like seriously

What the hell is this ?!?!
Smh
Let's be serious now
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Several people have pointed out there is no possibility of that trade happening. Not because the teams wouldn't agree, but because it isn't legal.

Indy

Post by Indy »

TOO

Post by TOO »

That is garbage 🗑️.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:04 pm
Several people have pointed out there is no possibility of that trade happening. Not because the teams wouldn't agree, but because it isn't legal.
My badd Indy
Didn't stay on my timeline long enough to see that lol

Stuff like that makes me go find something else to do with my time :lol:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Wasn't complaining or chastising you Baja. Just sharing that there is no need to worry about it as reported because it can't happen that way.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Seems like Ayton could've used this guy in his ear.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Sounds like a great player development coach for our team of 27-and-overs.

*kidding. I’m sure he’s a great coach.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:39 pm
Seems like Ayton could've used this guy in his ear.

The next one in that thread...

TOO

Post by TOO »

Oooooh. Teach Deandre the ways and maybe he will be worth a big contract

Indy

Post by Indy »

TOO wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:53 pm
Oooooh. Teach Deandre the ways and maybe he will be worth a big contract
I won't post the 3rd video in that thread. If you watch it, just know that Ayton's take away will be 2K related...

sunset rubdown

Post by sunset rubdown »

TOO wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:31 am
You can see just from their personalities that Booker/Paul and Ayton were never destined to work. The amount of times Ayton has blown easy passes from those 2, the vast personality difference, the whole contract comment, Book isn't going to deal with that forever, he's petty.
Selective memory. Book has had his own fair share of blunders himself, starting with losing the key ball to Jrue Holiday in last season finals game 5.

I don`t wanna be Ayton lawyer or something but it`s unfair to single him out like that when in reality he was probably our best player on the road to the finals last season and the best player against the Pels this spring.

Split T

Post by Split T »

sunset rubdown wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:18 pm
TOO wrote:
Selective memory. Book has had his own fair share of blunders himself, starting with losing the key ball to Jrue Holiday in last season finals game 5.

I don`t wanna be Ayton lawyer or something but it`s unfair to single him out like that when in reality he was probably our best player on the road to the finals last season and the best player against the Pels this spring.
That was more of just a phenomenal play by Jrue than a blunder by Book. And I’d say CP3 was pretty easily our best player against the Pels

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:37 pm
sunset rubdown wrote:
TOO wrote:

That was more of just a phenomenal play by Jrue than a blunder by Book. And I’d say CP3 was pretty easily our best player against the Pels
Literally a historic performance.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:42 pm
Split T wrote:
sunset rubdown wrote:
TOO wrote:

Ayton averaged 20/10 on 70% and led us in +/- and DRtg. Best player or not, it was a heckuva performance.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:49 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:42 pm
Split T wrote:
sunset rubdown wrote:
TOO wrote:

Ayton averaged 20/10 on 70% and led us in +/- and DRtg. Best player or not, it was a heckuva performance.
You won't get an argument from me. It wasn't slander against DA. He was really great for us. I just think CP3's +22/+11 to go along nearly 2 steals a game and his legendary close out performance tops it.

TOO

Post by TOO »

sunset rubdown wrote:
TOO wrote:

It's not really what I'm referring to, one guy is a basketball rat and the other one is a big ol dork. It was never gonna last.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

TOO wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:36 pm
sunset rubdown wrote:
TOO wrote:

It's not really what I'm referring to, one guy is a basketball rat and the other one is a big ol dork. It was never gonna last.
Sounds like Shaq and Kobe 2.0 :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:53 pm
TOO wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:36 pm
sunset rubdown wrote:
TOO wrote:

Sounds like Shaq and Kobe 2.0 :P
I wish. I'd settle for Kobe and Pau.