Is KD coming to the Suns?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Is KD coming to the Suns?

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:58 pm
LegionHoops' credibility is suspect. Scotto is more legit. Other teams may be able to come up with better offers unless we get another team or two involved but I doubt KD would be happy somewhere like Toronto or NOLA. He wants to go where he wants to go and no team would take him on if he's unhappy.
Good to know.
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:
Other teams may be able to come up with better offers unless we get another team or two involved but I doubt KD would be happy somewhere like Toronto or NOLA. He wants to go where he wants to go and no team would take him on if he's unhappy.
I'm not sure of that last part. The Kawhi/Toronto situation showed otherwise. I think if Chicago comes in and offers Vucevic, Patrick Williams, Coby White, and three firsts that Brooklyn would take it and Durant would ultimately be fine winning a championship in Chicago.

I think the real determining factor is Brooklyn's willingness to accommodate Durant.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I think Brooklyn will do it's best to get him to Phoenix, just so other free agents in the future know they'll take care of them. It still may not happen, but I don't believe it wasn't because they tried.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I would rather roll with what we had last season that make a bad deal.

You can always find another player (or players) to trade those future #1's for.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:28 pm
ShelC wrote:
Other teams may be able to come up with better offers unless we get another team or two involved but I doubt KD would be happy somewhere like Toronto or NOLA. He wants to go where he wants to go and no team would take him on if he's unhappy.
I'm not sure of that last part. The Kawhi/Toronto situation showed otherwise. I think if Chicago comes in and offers Vucevic, Patrick Williams, Coby White, and three firsts that Brooklyn would take it and Durant would ultimately be fine winning a championship in Chicago.

I think the real determining factor is Brooklyn's willingness to accommodate Durant.
But Chicago would clear it with him and his agent first - "If we trade these guys to Brooklyn, are you cool 'competing' with LaVine and DeRozan?" He could definitely be OK with that, or not. But he's not going to a stripped down team (in a bad market) just because they made the best offer to the Nets.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The NBA is a relationship league. It would be very risky for Sean Marks to trade KD elsewhere and put the Nets in a bad light when it comes to accommodating stars.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Nothing wrong with him getting traded to a team he doesn’t want to play for…he can just demand a trade to Phoenix again. And every time this happens the price goes down. :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:12 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:28 pm
ShelC wrote:

But Chicago would clear it with him and his agent first - "If we trade these guys to Brooklyn, are you cool 'competing' with LaVine and DeRozan?" He could definitely be OK with that, or not. But he's not going to a stripped down team (in a bad market) just because they made the best offer to the Nets.
I’m not sure why BKN would want that poo poo platter over DA/Cam

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:13 pm
The NBA is a relationship league. It would be very risky for Sean Marks to trade KD elsewhere and put the Nets in a bad light when it comes to accommodating stars.
Eh. Maybe if they sent him to Sacramento. No one would hold it against them for sending him to a place like Chicago or Boston. They handed Durant a supermax contract right after he blew out his achilles; and they have catered to him his entire tenure.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:50 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:13 pm
Eh. Maybe if they sent him to Sacramento. No one would hold it against them for sending him to a place like Chicago or Boston. They handed Durant a supermax contract right after he blew out his achilles; and they have catered to him his entire tenure.
I think it's different with someone like Durant.

Every team in the league would've happily given him the same supermax contract and catered to him.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

It's crazy how quickly perception changes in this league. After the first round of the playoffs when the Jazz flamed out and Ayton had a great series against the Pels, could you imagine Gobert getting this type of haul while nobody wanted to touch Ayton at $10M/year less annually? Most GMs would have taken Ayton between the two if you asked them at that very moment.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

KD liked and unliked some tweets

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

It's officially nervous time for me as I guess it's safe so say something major bout to go down
One or both my Twin could be gone bummer, don't know what I will do about my Avatar :oops:
Mixed feelings on it as we wait agonizingly. I see both sides of the argument from taking the gamble and no shouldn't gut the team so I wouldn't fault anyone's opinion.

I don't even mind the min guys we scooped but that doesn't matter yet until we see what role they're asked to play. Fantasy league and scraping the pile for FAs last year lol I learned about Landale as I follow a couple Aussie bball minds.

I think Lee in particular will be solid tbh
Okogie is the one that concerns me a little because I saw someone make a good point on Twitter that we will need guys that can guard 1s and 2s and I think that is true even if Mikal is still here. So if we're gonna need his D which he's definitely legit at imo, then the shooting could really be a potential headache.

Mr. Flex dude said by this weekend and it's looking that way
So we wait..... 😳😰
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

If after all the dust settles KD isn't in PHX and we still have a disgruntled Ayton on the roster, somebody needs fired..

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

BS from Gambo again. Who ever believes what this dumb.ss says?

Flex with a full answer :mrgreen:
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Indy

Post by Indy »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:10 pm
I love that we keep hearing the price is going down. That last report was a young/future all-star and a starter with all the picks.

Technically Jae or Cam or Saric could be considered 'starters' if you wanted to argue that. I mean Shamet started over half his games for the Clips :P

Cam could be a future all-star. Probably not, but you never know. And if they are letting it slip that they went from 2 All-Stars and picks to this last report, there is still room to negotiate down.
Woj has been the Nets mouthpiece in all of this. Now he is reporting their price has come down again. Picks and "all-star level" not even an all-star anymore.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:34 am
One or both my Twin could be gone bummer, don't know what I will do about my Avatar :oops:
It would be a real shame if you had to tear your avatar pic in half and break the bond these two share. :cry:
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Gambo is getting jealous and going after FLEX now. Heh heh.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Vladimir_Taltos wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:14 am
If after all the dust settles KD isn't in PHX and we still have a disgruntled Ayton on the roster, somebody needs fired..
I'd rather move ahead with Ayton than gut the team for KD. I hope we stay strong and don't cave in to demands.
"Be Legendary."