Is KD coming to the Suns?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Is KD coming to the Suns?

Post by TOO »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:49 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:39 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:29 pm
At this point, we had damn better land KD otherwise we'll just be left holding the bag.
I honestly think it's a certainty KD is coming to Phoenix at this point. Too many dominoes have already fallen.
I’m 99% confident that it’s going to happen. I’m about 70% that we’re probably keeping Mikal too, which would be a huge fucking win. If someone how James Jones pulls off keeping Cam too and then getting and keeping a Clarkson or Boggy??? I’ll cream my pants.
Is that similar to creamed corn?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:46 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:39 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:29 pm
At this point, we had damn better land KD otherwise we'll just be left holding the bag.
I honestly think it's a certainty KD is coming to Phoenix at this point. Too many dominoes have already fallen.
I agree with this. I think Durant wants Phoenix, its a players league and he will get what he wants. Brooklyn is just trying to get a decent return.
I hope all you guys are right!
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

At this point if we don’t get KD this off-season is a massive failure. We’ve gone all in and there’s no going back.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Just catching up on the news of the day. Holy shit. Timberwolves with the worst overpay I've ever seen. Almost as bad as the Browns signing Watson as their QB for some ungodly record high guaranteed deal, Minnesota gave up 5 unrestricted 1st round picks for a severely offensively limited center?!

How are we supposed to make a trade for KD when they set the bar so bullshit high? And then Utah wants to eat our cookies a 2nd time, after making a KD trade almost impossible, with a S&T for Ayton?

Boy oh boy....
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:56 pm
Just catching up on the news of the day. Holy shit. Timberwolves with the worst overpay I've ever seen. Almost as bad as the Browns signing Watson as their QB for some ungodly record high guaranteed deal, Minnesota gave up 5 unrestricted 1st round picks for a severely offensively limited center?!

How are we supposed to make a trade for KD when they set the bar so bullshit high? And then Utah wants to eat our cookies a 2nd time, after making a KD trade almost impossible, with a S&T for Ayton?

Boy oh boy....
Just terrible. If Gobert fetches that much, DA should too IMO

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:45 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:

Boy oh boy....
A lot of the takes so far have referenced how this trade affects Durant's trade value and you bring up an interesting point about Ayton. I know you don't like Gobert at all, so you can save the "he sucks" kind of takes.

I can see where you're coming from about the trade value, it's an overpay. Yet I don't think most of the league agrees with your general opinion of Gobert vs. Ayton. Breaking it all the way down, Gobert still has a clear elite skill of being a defensive anchor in the paint. He's probably best in the league at it.

On the other hand, Ayton doesn't have a proven elite skill yet and it seems I'm not alone in my skepticism of him significantly improving to become that kind of player.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This smells like the Nets angling for leverage with the Raptors because KD and the Suns have them pushed into a corner.

I've also seen rumors of KD's people contacting teams to tell them he doesn't want to play there in an attempt to keep the Suns price for him down.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:16 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:45 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:

Boy oh boy....
A lot of the takes so far have referenced how this trade affects Durant's trade value and you bring up an interesting point about Ayton. I know you don't like Gobert at all, so you can save the "he sucks" kind of takes.

I can see where you're coming from about the trade value, it's an overpay. Yet I don't think most of the league agrees with your general opinion of Gobert vs. Ayton. Breaking it all the way down, Gobert still has a clear elite skill of being a defensive anchor in the paint. He's probably best in the league at it.

On the other hand, Ayton doesn't have a proven elite skill yet and it seems I'm not alone in my skepticism of him significantly improving to become that kind of player.
Nah, he sucks

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Let’s put it this way, if I’m Minnesota’s GM and the Jazz called me offering Gobert, I would’ve asked Utah to give us first round picks to take on Goberts contract.

Gobert’s booty. PASS

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Interesting Tweet, AIG.

FLEX has been on point, but Mitchell can't go to the Nets if they have Ben Simmons on their roster.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:27 pm
Let’s put it this way, if I’m Minnesota’s GM and the Jazz called me offering Gobert, I would’ve asked Utah to give us first round picks to take on Goberts contract.

Gobert’s booty. PASS
But you do realize you are in an extreme minority and the GMs in the league have a much higher opinion of the multiple time DPOY? He is much better on defense than Ayton. And many GMs want that in their center.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:29 pm
Interesting Tweet, AIG.

FLEX has been on point, but Mitchell can't go to the Nets if they have Ben Simmons on their roster.
I must have missed that. What's the rule here preventing this?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Yeah, Mitchell to Brooklyn doesn’t make sense. Unless Ben Simmons gets traded before right?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm hearing Kyrie & Simmons to the Lakers for Westbrook & AD.

I also have a friend that told me his friend, who is the owner of jobbing.com, told him that KD was shopping for homes in PV today.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:53 pm

I also have a friend that told me his friend, who is the owner of jobbing.com, told him that KD was shopping for homes in PV today.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:42 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:29 pm
Interesting Tweet, AIG.

I must have missed that. What's the rule here preventing this?
It's a rule where a team can't trade for two players who're on their max rookie extension signed with their original team. Brooklyn traded for Simmons so they can't acquire another player via trade who's also on the same type of extension.
Wally_West wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:44 pm
Yeah, Mitchell to Brooklyn doesn’t make sense. Unless Ben Simmons gets traded before right?
Yes.

I've kept an eye on Mitchell news because I was worried about Miami doing something to acquire and re-route him to Brooklyn for KD. But I don't think they can beat the Suns package of stuff, namely Ayton, to make it worthwhile for Utah without giving up Adebayo or Butler.

I had a laugh when I saw something about KD telling Miami he only wants to go there if Lowry, Butler, and Adebayo are still on the team. Like, WTF are they supposed to trade to Brooklyn for him if that's the case? In fact, I think the Miami part of his "preferred destination" is just a smoke screen for the fact that the Suns and KD have been working on this for at least the past week, if not longer, and that's kind of illegal. So him putting out that kind of requirement to Miami would make some sense. He's essentially saying he'd like to go there but only under impossible circumstances.

As an aside, I really don't like having to involve Danny Ainge. That guy has a history of being a pain in the ass as a trade partner. Hopefully getting Mitchell in the deal keeps Mikal in Phoenix.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:53 pm

I've seen chatter about this as well.