Is KD coming to the Suns?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: Is KD coming to the Suns?

Post by JeremyG »

If Marks thinks he's about to be fired, he better trade KD by tonight. :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:00 pm
Until FLEX tells me otherwise, Durant is a Sun. ;)

I’ll be waiting for the quick Twitter recap of this

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

If I'm Joe Tsai I'm trading KD, Kyrie and firing Marks and Nash. Too much bad juju around that place to keep any of them.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:43 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:59 pm

Good analysis from Gambo here :lol: 🤦🏽‍♂️
Really reading between the lines on this take.
Yeah, he is FLEXing some brain here.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:27 pm
I don’t believe any of this shit at this point until something happens
Agreed, the Nets have been using backdoor channels on the communication trying to gain leverage, but it actually have clogged the process, no wonder why the Suns FO are preferring to keep it quiet, no just because it's their usual way to do business, but to avoid getting into the same embarrassment.

Marks is going to lose confidence around the league as some one unreliable to deal with, or leak for, if he keeps on this path. Trade the guy already and move the team forward.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:43 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:59 pm

Good analysis from Gambo here :lol: 🤦🏽‍♂️
Really reading between the lines on this take.
He has to be the dumbest person covering Suns basketball. And I think he has kept that crown for 20 years.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

If your Sean Marks, how motivated are you to let KD choose his destination? Lol. Another reason I’m not optimistic about him getting traded to Phoenix.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I agree with Mike that this is just cover for the Nets. They can say that keeping a player there that didn't want to be there and 'demanded' they fire their GM and head coach was not conducive to their team's values and they had to trade him... which is why they are so excited about the newest Nets, multiple-time Finals starter Jae Crowder and future all-star Cam Johnson.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:15 pm
If I'm Joe Tsai I'm trading KD, Kyrie and firing Marks and Nash. Too much bad juju around that place to keep any of them.
I think this is the right move for the long term. I wouldn't be surprised if Nash resigns shortly after this Nets team blows up.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I typically roll my eyes at basically anything Ric Bucher "reports" these days, but this is pretty hilarious if true.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Got to believe this coming to an end soon.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya this really feels like it could be a KD leak now to Shams. He knows Tsai is committed to Nash/Marks so he threw that out there knowing they’d pick Nash/Marks and trade him.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Though this is a good point, just all set up to trade him for not so much. Hopefully to us. Interesting we aren’t being mentioned though.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:14 pm

Interesting, this tweet put some legs under Sham's report, silence would have been better, but it seems that the entire organization can't help itself on that regard.

Now, KD is apparently forcing things to move forward, but in what direction?

I tend to believe that KD is really angling for Phoenix, but are the Nets willing to comply? Would they go for the best deal available instead?

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

How many GMs would trade their future for KD knowing he wanted to be somewhere else?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Things going south fast in Brooklyn.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShadowHawke wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:47 pm
How many GMs would trade their future for KD knowing he wanted to be somewhere else?
I don't know. He's too old to trade your future.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:23 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:14 pm

Interesting, this tweet put some legs under Sham's report, silence would have been better, but it seems that the entire organization can't help itself on that regard.

Now, KD is apparently forcing things to move forward, but in what direction?

I tend to believe that KD is really angling for Phoenix, but are the Nets willing to comply? Would they go for the best deal available instead?
On the one hand, I feel like this will only embolden Tsai to not give KD what he wants (a trade to PHX). On the other, those other teams are all in the East and there’s some benefit to sending him out of conference.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:39 pm
I agree with Mike that this is just cover for the Nets. They can say that keeping a player there that didn't want to be there and 'demanded' they fire their GM and head coach was not conducive to their team's values and they had to trade him... which is why they are so excited about the newest Nets, multiple-time Finals starter Jae Crowder and future all-star Cam Johnson.
Do you think Crowder’s smoke is his signaling he doesn’t want to be included but knows he’s likely on his way out for KD? Seems like Crowder is the piece used to draw in a third team. I just don’t see anyone willing to give up a 1st for his expiring deal.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:56 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:39 pm
Do you think Crowder’s smoke is his signaling he doesn’t want to be included but knows he’s likely on his way out for KD? Seems like Crowder is the piece used to draw in a third team. I just don’t see anyone willing to give up a 1st for his expiring deal.
Although it was a dumb trade for the Nets, how could the poor man's Jae Crowder (Royce O'Neal) get a first, but the real one can't? Maybe I answered my own question.