Jae Crowder trade request

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Jae Crowder trade request

Post by Superbone »

He can rot at home for all I care. And obviously, Shel was being sarcastic.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In all seriousness, Jae will probably be great for the team that acquires him. At his age, getting all these months to rest has probably been great for his body. I bet he'll have a bunch of vigor and energy for a playoff run for some team.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:40 pm
In all seriousness, Jae will probably be great for the team that acquires him. At his age, getting all these months to rest has probably been great for his body. I bet he'll have a bunch of vigor and energy for a playoff run for some team.
His body will feel fantastic bricking 8 3s a game in a series

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Too bad we couldn't arrange to pair him with his tango partner in LA.
"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I’m glad we didn’t trade for Rui, not a big fan anyways.

Looks like Kuzma is dead as well.

So who are the realistic targets left?

Eric Gordon? Extremely underwhelming, I’d be down for Shamet and Dario and a single 2nd at this point cuz you still have Jae and Craig contracts to trade, otherwise nah.

Vanderbilt? I’m definitely interested but at what cost and who else? Vanderbilt and Clarkson or Sexxxton? For our expiring contracts and pick or two? Maybe reroute Jae to a 3rd team to give Utah more draft compensation?

I’m also still down for trade for DeMar too. Jae, Dario, Shamet and multiple 1st for DeMar straight up works too, maybe once again try to reroute Jae for more draft picks to give Chicago. A Lineup of Book-Mikal-DeMar-CamJ-Ayton would be brutal to defend.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think there are a lot of smaller deals out there on the table for lots of teams involving role players/picks but they're all waiting to see if something bigger shakes out.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Exactly. There are plenty of marginal moves available involving Crowder, but there's no reason to do any of them until the deadline.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:47 pm
You gotta put Shamet in that deal over Payne, especially if you are including a 1st rounder.

Gambo has maintained all along that the Suns have no interest in Collins. He put up 20/10 a couple of seasons ago, but to give up a 1st rounder for him now when he is having close to the worst season of his career and still has four years left at big money? That seems a little reckless.

It would be telling if Jones gives up a pick to add him while Ainge was demanding a pick to take him on.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I no longer really trust Payne to play significant minutes when it matters. I'd move him while he still has a modicum of value and some matchable salary.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:22 pm
I no longer really trust Payne to play significant minutes when it matters. I'd move him while he still has a modicum of value and some matchable salary.
I thought he has been better this year. What would be your plan for this year for the backup point guard spot?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:30 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:22 pm
I thought he has been better this year. What would be your plan for this year for the backup point guard spot?
He was better for a period at the beginning of the season, and overall better than last year, but was actually quite rough before getting hurt. He also can't seem to stay healthy.

I honestly wouldn't mind Rozier as a 3rd guard if he's not too expensive. There are a few other players in my sig that I'd like.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:17 pm
You gotta put Shamet in that deal over Payne, especially if you are including a 1st rounder.

Gambo has maintained all along that the Suns have no interest in Collins. He put up 20/10 a couple of seasons ago, but to give up a 1st rounder for him now when he is having close to the worst season of his career and still has four years left at big money? That seems a little reckless.

It would be telling if Jones gives up a pick to add him while Ainge was demanding a pick to take him on.
Sarver! ;)
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

You joke, but the thought did cross my mind that it wasn't until the Ishbia situation gained clarity that we started hearing the Suns were willing to take on salary and trade picks. People assumed Sarver blocking deals was to the Suns detriment. But it may have been that he wasn't on board with the Suns trading draft picks.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:13 pm
You joke, but the thought did cross my mind that it wasn't until the Ishbia situation gained clarity that we started hearing the Suns were willing to take on salary and trade picks. People assumed Sarver blocking deals was to the Suns detriment. But it may have been that he wasn't on board with the Suns trading draft picks.
Between the two, history says it was the “taking on salary” thing he’d have an issue with, not the “trading draft picks.”

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Obviously. We don't even have a fucking G-League affiliate.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:01 am
Obviously. We don't even have a fucking G-League affiliate.
You think that'll change with Ishbia?
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Hope so. Would be nice to have a place that runs your system you can snipe guys for 10 days if needed.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Maybe that’s why Ishbia was talking to Nash, Nash is going to coach the Suns’s new G-League team: The Michigan United Wholesale Management Spartans of Phoenix

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:37 pm
Maybe that’s why Ishbia was talking to Nash, Nash is going to coach the Suns’s new G-League team: The Michigan United Wholesale Management Spartans of Phoenix
That's hilarious!

Curious though... What did we save money wise with dumping our G-League team and what is it going to cost us to get it back?