Jae Crowder trade request

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Drewsprocket

Re: Jae Crowder trade request

Post by Drewsprocket »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:08 am
Shabazz wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:50 pm
ShelC wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:21 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:13 am
Also I saw that apparently Tom Leander interviewed James Jones about the open roster spot and he said it would stay open until the Crowder trade…also said he isn’t interested in 10 days because it takes 5 days to get acclimated to the team. 2 10 days though still gives you 15 days of play. That would help.
He's not wrong in this case. Yea it's an extra body, but with little practice time during the season and most likely some GLeague type, you're not looking at much impact.
It's more nonsense. "Acclimated?" What is this, rocket science? We're at 102 points per 100 during this losing streak. That's abysmal. We're struggling to crack 100 points per game. Our current rotation has 1 player that can consistently create offense for himself, and he's a 2-way player. Get the best unaffiliated offensive creator in the GLeague here and I guarantee he'd have some function.

We're just punting games right now trying to run this .5 offense with NBA minimum guys.
THANK YOU.

People, we are relying on a 2-way player to be a key offensive player for us. Shamet, Saric, and Ish are playing significant minutes.

What are we doing here?
Get in loser we’re going losing.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:26 am
INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:05 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:02 pm
I’ll say that adding to the Jae trade calculus would be JJ having to explain to a new owner why he made a marginal trade for short term benefit, or traded away a first rounder, or didn’t look to take back one.
How about explaining why he ran the team into the ground while refusing to bring in any help via the open roster spot or a Crowder trade?!

Crowder is a role player on an expiring contract who is SITTING AT HOME. I don't think Jones is going to get held to the fire by Ishbia for what he gets back in a trade.
Yeah that’s definitely our take as fans. He will be gone by the deadline. But I think any new owner would rather have as many assets as possible for the start of the offseason as opposed to a short sighted move to simply lose in the second round.
If we were talking about trading Ayton, I think that would be more of a concern. But again, it is Jae Crowder. The the gap between the floor and ceiling of a Jae Crowder deal is not significant.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I'm wondering if Milwaukee would even still be interested in Crowder. They have Ingles back, whose contract would actually facilitate a trade with the Suns directly, but he has looked good enough to where I wonder if they wouldn't better off just sticking with him and moving on from trying to get Crowder.

I'd keep an eye on Milwaukee's 2-way player, A.J. Green. He seems like he could turn into a really nice shooter.

Split T

Post by Split T »

If Middleton comes back healthy I could see them wanting Crowder over Ingles, but ingles is pretty valuable to them right now without Middleton healthy.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:31 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:26 am
INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:05 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:02 pm
I’ll say that adding to the Jae trade calculus would be JJ having to explain to a new owner why he made a marginal trade for short term benefit, or traded away a first rounder, or didn’t look to take back one.
How about explaining why he ran the team into the ground while refusing to bring in any help via the open roster spot or a Crowder trade?!

Crowder is a role player on an expiring contract who is SITTING AT HOME. I don't think Jones is going to get held to the fire by Ishbia for what he gets back in a trade.
Yeah that’s definitely our take as fans. He will be gone by the deadline. But I think any new owner would rather have as many assets as possible for the start of the offseason as opposed to a short sighted move to simply lose in the second round.
If we were talking about trading Ayton, I think that would be more of a concern. But again, it is Jae Crowder. The the gap between the floor and ceiling of a Jae Crowder deal is not significant.
It’s a ridiculous situation. I like what the Timeline was saying about JJ.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:52 am
I like what the Timeline was saying about JJ.
What was that?

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:59 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
What was that?
That he did a great job with team culture but has done nothing lately, letting Crowder stay home for nothing and that it’s disastrous. That we’re in a bad scenario because even if he trades him for a decent return we will still be under .500. So basically we’re looking at the consequences for this season will be and how it will affect long term outlook.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:21 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:59 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
What was that?
That he did a great job with team culture but has done nothing lately, letting Crowder stay home for nothing and that it’s disastrous. That we’re in a bad scenario because even if he trades him for a decent return we will still be under .500. So basically we’re looking at the consequences for this season will be and how it will affect long term outlook.
There's no question that the Crowder handling was atrocious. He shouldn't be allowed to stay home and collect a salary.
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

It shouldn't take 7 months to find a deal.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:31 pm
The only thing that makes sense to me is if they have something lined up Ayton and he's gonna be a part of the deal.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TOO wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:32 pm
INFORMER wrote:
The only thing that makes sense to me is if they have something lined up Ayton and he's gonna be a part of the deal.
Yep.

Split T

Post by Split T »

There’s some Siakam smoke out there…Found out he’s very close to Mutombo, the coach we hired this summer. Not sure why you’d need Crowder to complete that trade though

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:34 pm
TOO wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:32 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Yep.
Yeah. Which makes sense. We can only hope.
Ayton has lost focus altogether, the margins are so narrow for him to perform well and stay locked in. His effectiveness on the court is only matched by his maturity and focus. It’s not like he can be Shaq and dominate giving a B minus level effort.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:37 pm
There’s some Siakam smoke out there…Found out he’s very close to Mutombo, the coach we hired this summer. Not sure why you’d need Crowder to complete that trade though
Ayton, Crowder, Shamet and picks for Siakim and Trent?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:50 am
JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:06 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:05 pm
No I’m just saying we have an agreement in place to trade him and have to wait until 1/15 to do it and Crowder is part of the trade…just an explanation for why we haven’t done anything.
:roll:

Ayton is not being traded this season.
I don’t know why you are so certain of this…just a speaking it into existence thing? I think of our main guys, he’s pretty easily the most likely to be traded. And top 3-4 on the whole team.
I am 100% take-it-to-the-bank certain. Also, the Ishbia deal does not even close until after the trade deadline--so it is absurd to think that any significant trade will happen this season at all.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

My question is how are you 100% certain…you can’t know that unless you’re James Jones or Ayton himself.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:41 pm
Split T wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:50 am
JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:06 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:05 pm
No I’m just saying we have an agreement in place to trade him and have to wait until 1/15 to do it and Crowder is part of the trade…just an explanation for why we haven’t done anything.
:roll:

Ayton is not being traded this season.
I don’t know why you are so certain of this…just a speaking it into existence thing? I think of our main guys, he’s pretty easily the most likely to be traded. And top 3-4 on the whole team.
I am 100% take-it-to-the-bank certain. Also, the Ishbia deal does not even close until after the trade deadline--so it is absurd to think that any significant trade will happen this season at all.
If there is a deal for Ayton and Siakam without involving 1st rounders from Suns, I think JJ would pull it. But I don’t think there is any deal for Ayton that will happen.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think it’s fine to think Ayton won’t get moved, but to be 100% certain? That’s impossible…I’d guess even James Jones isn’t 100% certain what he’s doing.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

If JJ thinks he’s holding out for KD, I think that will be the nail in his coffin. IDK. I’d be completely embarrassed if I were him. Perhaps Ayton wants to move on the 15th and explains his lack of focus but shows some maturity that he has kept it under his hat. Who knows. Any team that would want him probably thinks he just needs to play in the post and get more reps to develop.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

BREAKING NEWS!

"Be Legendary."