Jae Crowder trade request

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: Jae Crowder trade request

Post by AmareIsGod »

It's happening!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

A line up of

CP-Book-Mikal-Vanderbilt-Ayton

Payne-Bogdanovic-Lee-CamJ-Biz plus Craig. Nah that’s too good to be true.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think Cam Johnson would have first crack at starting.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Think you’d want to balance the shooting a bit anyways

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Vanderbilt gives us the length and rebounding that we need at PF. Plus Bogdan? I'm in. Shams did say that the Suns are now telling teams they can trade a first round pick and take on salary. So it may be legit?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'd take that deal but it seems a little light for the Jazz. Giving up Beasley, THT and Vanderbilt for our 1st (prob in the 20s) and a Hawks 2nd (prob in the mid 40s)?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:12 am
I'd take that deal but it seems a little light for the Jazz. Giving up Beasley, THT and Vanderbilt for our 1st (prob in the 20s) and a Hawks 2nd (prob in the mid 40s)?
its in another tweet but they would also get John Collins

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:05 am
ShelC wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:12 am
its in another tweet but they would also get John Collins
Ah thanks, that makes a lot more sense. Curious what Ainge sees in Collins and how he'd fit with Markkanen.

Goob

Post by Goob »

If the aforementioned trade actually does go through, it would be a huge A+ for us.

I have some real moonshine at the ready in case it does...
Tar Heel Suns Fan

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m not as high on the trade as some of you. I think it’s solid and I’d probably do it, but mostly because I’m a big Vando fan…not sure I’m a huge Bogdon fan.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:08 am
I’m not as high on the trade as some of you. I think it’s solid and I’d probably do it, but mostly because I’m a big Vando fan…not sure I’m a huge Bogdon fan.
I mean, if Crowder and a 1st could get you both Vanderbilt and Bogdanovic, that's a steal. You have to do that.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Well there’s got to be more going out. I think it’s probably just Saric, though I’d prefer Shamet.

Again, I’d probably do it, but I think I hesitate because I wonder if we can do more with the pick. That pick looks likely to be a mid 1st, it’s not a late 1st. No guarantee it’s not a lottery pick as well. Bogdon is older than most probably realize, has had health concerns and is on the pricier side. He’s an upgrade on Shamet, but I don’t think it solves our biggest problem(getting Book a true 2) and it might hurt our ability to solve our biggest problem.

Ultimately I do think that’s more likely to happen in the summer when we’d have our picks again though, so I wouldn’t be too upset.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:34 pm
A line up of

CP-Book-Mikal-Vanderbilt-Ayton

Payne-Bogdanovic-Lee-CamJ-Biz plus Craig. Nah that’s too good to be true.
Don't forget about Okogie. He's been really good for us this season.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Goob

Post by Goob »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:08 am
Bogdon is one of those guys who can go off for 30 plus multiples games in a row, but then disappear for games on end. When he is on though, he is on and I think could really help us in close games. Injury history is a concern though for sure.
Tar Heel Suns Fan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Can somebody remind me, is the draft lottery and draft order affected by the results of the play-in games? For example, suppose we got the 8th seed but then lost the play-in. Do we become a lottery team? Or suppose we get the 10 seed but win the two play-in games and advance to the first round of the playoffs. Do we have a lotto pick, or are we elevated out because we qualified for the playoffs?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:33 pm
Can somebody remind me, is the draft lottery and draft order affected by the results of the play-in games? For example, suppose we got the 8th seed but then lost the play-in. Do we become a lottery team? Or suppose we get the 10 seed but win the two play-in games and advance to the first round of the playoffs. Do we have a lotto pick, or are we elevated out because we qualified for the playoffs?
I’m pretty sure it’s the top 8 teams remaining after the play-in tournaments have completed that are excluded from the lottery in each conference.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yes, if you don't ultimately make the playoffs you are a lottery team with a chance to win the lottery.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

They don’t change the order for those who don’t get in though…if you’re 10th and beat the 9 seed but lose to the 8th seed, you still keep the 10th seed lottery position.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

UPDATE!

carey

Post by carey »

Not really an update. He's growing impatient as are the fans.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!